ASSAM PAT 2018
ASSAM PAT 2018 (Assam Polytechnic Admission Test 2018) is to be conducted in 3rd week of May 2018. Candidates must note that only permanent residents of Assam state are eligible to get admission through this test.
- Candidates can fill ASSAM PAT 2018 application form online from the 3rd week of March 2018.
- Admit Card will be available on the official website from the 2nd week of May 2018.
- Exam center for ASSAM PAT 2018 will be in cities of Mangaldoi and Tezpur, along with all the polytechnic colleges under the test.
- ASSAM PAT 2018 will be held in offline mode, consisting 100 questions.
- Duration of ASSAM PAT 2018 will be 2 hours and there will be no negative marking.
- Results will be available in 1st week of June 2018, on the official website.
- Candidates who clear a minimum cut off will be called for ASSAM PAT 2018 counselling process.
ASSAM PAT 2018 is an offline state level entrance test. Through this test candidates can get admission in Polytechnic Diploma courses offered by various colleges in the North East. This test is conducted once in a year, by Directorate of Technical Education, Assam.
ASSAM PAT 2018 Exam Highlights Table
|Name of test||Assam Polytechnic Admission Test 2018|
|Popularly known as||Assam PAT 2018|
|Level of Test||State level|
|Conducted by||DTE Assam|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in a year|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
ASSAM PAT 2018 Exam Dates
ASSAM PAT 2018 is expected to be held in the 3rd week of May 2018. Candidates can fill ASSAM PAT 2018 application form in the 3rd week of March 2018.Here is table representing the complete expected schedule for ASSAM PAT 2018: -
|Start of filling of application form||3rd week of March 2018|
|Last date to submit application form||1st week of May 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of May 2018|
|Date of Examination||3rd week of May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||1st week of June 2018|
|Commencement of counselling process||4th week of June 2018|
ASSAM PAT 2018 Eligibility
Candidates need to fulfill ASSAM PAT 2018 eligibility criteria to be able to appear in the exam. This criterion is decided by Directorate of Technical Education, Assam.
Here are the conditions that candidate needs to fulfill, to be eligible to appear in ASSAM PAT 2018:-
- For a General Category candidate, his/her Date of Birth must be after August 1, 1998
- For a SC/ST Category candidate, his/her Date of Birth must be after August 1, 1995
- For a General category candidate, his/her average score in Mathematics and Science subjects in Class 10 must be above 40%.
- For a SC/ST category candidate, his/her average score in Mathematics and Science subjects in Class 10 must be above 33%.
ASSAM PAT 2018 Application Form
ASSAM PAT 2018 Application Form will be made available in 3rd week of March 2018. Candidates can fill the application form for ASSAM PAT 2018 on the official website of DTE Assam.
Candidates may follow these steps to fill the application form for ASSAM PAT 2018:-
- Go to the official website of DTE Assam www.dteassam.in.
- Click on ‘Online Application for PAT 2018’.
- After this, application form will appear on the screen.
- Candidates need to select the courses and fill the details as asked in the form.
- After filling the details, candidates will need to pay the application fee for the form, which is INR 400. Application fee can be paid using online method only.
- After the payment, the application form is complete. Candidates are advised to have a printout of the form for future reference.
ASSAM PAT 2018 Admit Card
ASSAM PAT 2018 Admit Card will be available for download from 2nd week of May 2018. Candidates can download the Admit Card from the official website of DTE Assam. Admit Card mentions all the important details regarding the exam: -
Candidates may follow the steps listed below to download the Admit Card for ASSAM PAT 2018: -
- Go to the official website of DTE Assam- www.dteassam.in.
- Scroll down, click on ‘Download Admit Card for PAT 2018’.
- Now candidates will be redirected to a page from where they can download the Admit Card.
- Candidates need to enter their Application Number and date of Birth and
- Click on ‘Log in.’
- Option to download the Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to get at least 2 colored printouts of this Admit Card, for examination purpose and for future reference also.
ASSAM PAT 2018 Exam Center
ASSAM PAT 2018 exam centers are spread all over the state of Assam. Candidates can enter their preference for examination center in the application form. Exam center once allotted will not be changed.
ASSAM PAT 2018 test centers will be in the cities of Mangaldoi and Tezpur. Apart from these, the examination will be held at all the polytechnic institutes of Assam State. Here is a list of Institutes at which ASSAM PAT 2018 will be held:-
|ASSAM PAT 2018 Exam Centers|
|Sonitpur Polytechnic, Dhekiajuli||Barpeta Polytechnic, Barpeta|
|Nowgong Polytechnic, Nagaon||Dhemaji Polytechnic, Silapathar|
|Prince of Wales Institute, Jorhat||Karimganj Polytechnic, Maizgaon|
|Dibrugarh Polytechnic, Dibrugarh||Lakhimpur Polytechnic, Bihpuria|
|Silchar Polytechnic, Silchar||Golaghat Polytechnic, Furkating|
|Bongaigaon Polyechnic, Bongaigaon||Goalpara Polytechnic, Goalpara East|
|Diphu Polytechnic, Diphu||Sibsagar Polytechnic, Demow|
|Assam Textile Institute, Guwahati||Nalbari Polytechnic, Chandkuchi|
|PCPS Girls' Polytechnic, Guwahati||Kamrup Polytechnic, Baihata Charial|
|Baksa Polytechnic, Belguri Pathar||Assam Engineering Institute, Guwahati|
|Residential Girls' Polytechnic, Golaghat|
ASSAM PAT 2018 Exam Pattern
ASSAM PAT 2018 Exam Pattern is to be decided by DTE Assam and may change from year to year. However, here are some details of examination pattern of the exam:-
- ASSAM PAT 2018 will be conducted in offline mode.
- ASSAM PAT 2018 will have 100 questions, of 1 mark each.
- Candidates will be given a total duration of 120 minutes to complete the exam.
- Questions in ASSAM PAT 2018 will be from subjects of Mathematics and Science.
- All the questions in ASSAM PAT 2018 will be of multiple choice type.
- There will be no negative marking in the test.
ASSAM PAT 2018 Syllabus
Since candidates can appear for ASSAM PAT 2018 after their Class 10. Thus, candidates need to cover the syllabus of Mathematics and Science which they studied in their Class 10 exams.
Here are some topics that candidates need to study for ASSAM PAT 2018:-
- Mathematics: - Candidates may study class 10 level topics like Basics of Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Geometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Interest, Time Speed Distance, Profit and loss, Factors etc.
- Science: - Candidates may study topics like Basics of Physics, Chemistry, Optics, Chemical Equations, Gravity etc.
ASSAM PAT 2018 Result
Result for ASSAM PAT 2018 will be declared in the 2nd week of June 2018. ASSAM PAT 2018 Result will be made available on the official website of DTE Assam. Candidates may follow the following steps to view the result for ASSAM PAT 2018;
- Go to the official website of DTE Assam- www.dteassam.in.
- Scroll down, Click on ‘PAT-2018 Result’.
- Now a new page for PAT 2018 result will appear.
- On this page, enter roll number and click on ‘Submit.’
- The result card for ASSAM PAT 2018 will appear on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to get colored print out of this result card as it may be needed in admission process.
ASSAM PAT 2018 Cut Off
There is minimum cut off or qualifying criteria on the basis of which students are called for counselling process. Since there are a lot of colleges offering admission under ASSAM PAT 2018, cut off also varies from college to college.
However, ASSAM PAT 2018 cut off keeps on changing from year to year and cut off for any particular year depends upon following factors: -
- Number of test takers
- Difficulty level of exam
- Increase or decrease in seats
- Change in admission policy
ASSAM PAT 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of results, candidates are called for ASSAM PAT 2018 counselling process. Candidates should know that appearing in Counselling is necessary and no student will be given admission if he/she does not appear in the Counselling process.
Candidates need to carry following documents while going for the ASSAM PAT 2018 counselling process: -
- Detailed Marks certificate of Class 10
- Character Certificate/ Certificate of Conduct from previous institution
- Migration certificate from previous board
- Duly filled Part B Application form (can be downloaded from official website)
- Proof of Residence
- Sports/NCC certificate (if necessary)
- Passport sized pictures of candidate
- Identity proof of candidate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College