Table of Contents
ASSAM PAT 2020: Application Form(Extended), Dates, Eligibility and Exam Pattern
Assam Polytechnic state level entrance exam which is conducted by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education). ASSAM PAT 2020 has been postponed until further notice due to outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic. Exam was previously scheduled to be conducted on May 10, 2020, in offline mode for the candidates seeking admission in Polytechnic Institutes of Assam. Revised dates will be announced soon. Assam Polytechnic (PAT) 2020 Application Form has been released on March 1, 2020.
Latest: ASSAM PAT 2020 Application Form has been made available until June 10, 2020 – Apply Here
|ASSAM PAT Eligibility||ASSAM PAT Exam Pattern|
- The exam is of 2 hours duration and there is no negative marking.
- Through this test, candidates can get admission in Polytechnic Diploma courses offered by various colleges of North East.
- Candidates who clear a minimum cut off will be called for ASSAM PAT 2020 counselling process.
ASSAM PAT 2020 Exam Highlights
|Name of test||Assam Polytechnic Admission Test 2020|
|Level of Test||State-level|
|Conducted by||DTE Assam|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in a year|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
ASSAM PAT 2020 Exam Dates
ASSAM PAT 2020 will be held after the successful completion application process. Here is the table representing the complete schedule for ASSAM PAT 2020: -
|Start of Filling of Application Form||March 1, 2020|
|Last Date to submit Application Form||June 10, 2020 (Extended)|
|Availability of Admit Card||to be notified|
|Date of Examination||to be notified|
|Declaration of Result||to be notified|
|Commencement of Counselling Process||to be notified|
ASSAM PAT 2020 Eligibility
Candidates need to fulfill ASSAM PAT 2020 eligibility criteria to be able to appear in the exam. Directorate of Technical Education, Assam decide this criterion.
Here are the conditions that the candidate needs to fulfill, to be eligible to appear in ASSAM PAT 2020:-
- For a General Category candidate, his/her Date of Birth must be after August 1, 1999
- For an SC/ST Category candidate, his/her Date of Birth must be after August 1, 1996
- For a General category candidate, his/her average score in Mathematics and Science subjects in Class 10 must be above 40%.
- For an SC/ST category candidate, his/her average score in Mathematics and Science subjects in Class 10 must be above 33%.
ASSAM PAT 2020 Application Form
ASSAM PAT 2020 Application Form has been available from March 1, 2020. Candidates can fill the application form for ASSAM PAT 2020 on the official website of DTE Assam.
Candidates may follow these steps to fill the application form for ASSAM PAT 2020:-
- Go to the official website of DTE Assam dte.assam.gov.in.
- Click on ‘Online Application for PAT 2020’.
- After this, the application form will appear on the screen.
- Candidates need to select the courses and fill the details as asked in the form.
- After filling the details, candidates will need to pay the application fee for the form, which is INR 500+Applicable bank charges. The application fee can be paid using the online method only.
- After the payment, the application form is complete. Candidates are advised to have a printout of the form for future reference.
ASSAM PAT 2020 Exam Pattern
ASSAM PAT 2020 Exam Pattern is to be decided by DTE Assam and may change from year to year. However, here are some details of the examination pattern of the exam:-
- ASSAM PAT 2020 will be conducted in offline mode.
- ASSAM PAT 2020 will have 100 questions, of 1 mark each.
- Candidates will be given a total duration of 120 minutes to complete the exam.
- Questions in ASSAM PAT 2020 will be from subjects of Mathematics and Science.
- All the questions in ASSAM PAT 2020 will be of multiple choice type.
- There will be no negative marking in the test.
ASSAM PAT 2020 Syllabus
Since candidates can appear for ASSAM PAT 2020 after their Class 10. Thus, candidates need to cover the syllabus of Mathematics and Science which they studied in their Class 10 exams.
Here are some topics that candidates need to study for ASSAM PAT 2020:-
- Mathematics: - Candidates may study class 10 level topics like Basics of Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Geometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Interest, Time Speed Distance, Profit and loss, Factors, etc.
- Science: - Candidates may study topics like Basics of Physics, Chemistry, Optics, Chemical Equations, Gravity etc.
ASSAM PAT 2020 Admit Card
ASSAM PAT 2020 Admit Card will be available for download tentatively in last week of May 2020. Candidates can download the Admit Card from the official website of DTE Assam. Admit Card mentions all the essential details regarding the exam: -
Candidates may follow the steps listed below to download the Admit Card for ASSAM PAT 2020: -
- Go to the official website of DTE Assam- dte.assam.gov.in.
- Scroll down, click on ‘Download Admit Card for PAT 2020’.
- Now candidates will be redirected to a page from where they can download the Admit Card.
- Candidates need to enter their Application Number and date of Birth and
- Click on ‘Log in.’
- Option to download the Admit Card will appear on the screen.
Candidates are advised to get at least 2 colored printouts of this Admit Card, for examination purpose and future reference also.
ASSAM PAT 2020 Exam Center
ASSAM PAT 2020 Exam Centers are spread all over the state of Assam. Candidates can enter their preference for examination center in the application form. Exam center once allotted will not be changed.
ASSAM PAT 2020 test centers will be in the cities of Mangaldoi and Tezpur. Apart from these, the examination will be held at all the polytechnic institutes of Assam State. Here is a list of Institutes at which ASSAM PAT 2020 will be held:-
|ASSAM PAT 2020 Exam Centers|
|Sonitpur Polytechnic, Dhekiajuli||Barpeta Polytechnic, Barpeta|
|Nowgong Polytechnic, Nagaon||Dhemaji Polytechnic, Silapathar|
|Prince of Wales Institute, Jorhat||Karimganj Polytechnic, Maizgaon|
|Dibrugarh Polytechnic, Dibrugarh||Lakhimpur Polytechnic, Bihpuria|
|Silchar Polytechnic, Silchar||Golaghat Polytechnic, Furkating|
|Bongaigaon Polytechnic, Bongaigaon||Goalpara Polytechnic, Goalpara East|
|Diphu Polytechnic, Diphu||Sibsagar Polytechnic, Demow|
|Assam Textile Institute, Guwahati||Nalbari Polytechnic, Chandkuchi|
|PCPS Girls' Polytechnic, Guwahati||Kamrup Polytechnic, Baihata Charial|
|Baksa Polytechnic, Belguri Pathar||Assam Engineering Institute, Guwahati|
|Residential Girls' Polytechnic, Golaghat|
ASSAM PAT 2020 Result
Assam PAT Result will be declared in June, 2020 on the official website of DTE Assam. Candidates may follow the following steps to view ASSAM PAT Result 2020;
- Go to the official website of DTE Assam- dte.assam.gov.in.
- Scroll down, Click on ‘PAT-2020 Result’.
- Now a new page for PAT 2020 result will appear.
- On this page, enter roll number and click on ‘Submit.’
- The result card for ASSAM PAT 2020 will appear on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to get a colored print out of this result card as it may be needed in the admission process.
ASSAM PAT 2020 Cut Off
There is a minimum cut off or qualifying criteria based on which students are called for the counselling process. Since there are a lot of colleges offering admission under ASSAM PAT 2020, cut off also varies from college to college.
However, ASSAM PAT 2020 cut off keeps on changing from year to year and cut off for any particular year depends upon the following factors: -
- Number of test takers
- The difficulty level of exam
- Increase or decrease in seats
- Change in admission policy
ASSAM PAT 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of results, candidates are called for ASSAM PAT 2020 counselling process. Candidates should know that appearing in Counselling is necessary and no student will be given admission if he/she does not appear in the Counselling process.
Candidates need to carry the following documents while going for the ASSAM PAT 2020 counselling process: -
- Detailed Marks certificate of Class 10
- Character Certificate/ Certificate of Conduct from the previous institution
- Migration certificate from the previous board
- Duly filled Part B Application form (can be downloaded from official website)
- Proof of Residence
- Sports/NCC certificate (if necessary)
- Passport sized pictures of the candidate
- Identity proof of the candidate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College