BUMAT 2018 Application Form, Exam Date, Syllabus, Result
Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test (BUMAT) is a national-level entrance exam, conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University. The exam is held for admission to BBA & BCA courses available in the university and its affiliated colleges. BUMAT 2018 is scheduled for June 3 in offline mode.
BUMAT Application Form 2018 is available now. Candidates who have qualified HSC (10+2) can apply before May 30. The total number of seats available in the BBA program is 1020 and that for BCA is 570.
- BUMAT consists 200 objective type questions of 1 mark each. Negative marking is not applicable.
- The question paper will be divided into four sections viz. Logical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude and Verbal Ability.
- BUMAT 2018 Result will be declared on June 15 at the official website. Candidates can check their result by entering their roll number and Date of Birth.
Highlights of BUMAT 2018
|Exam Name||Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test|
|Date of BUMAT 2018||June 3, 2018|
|Conducting body||Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University|
|Mode of BUMAT 2018||Offline|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses Offered||BBA and BCA|
|BUMAT Helpline||+91-20-24407100 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
BUMAT 2018 Exam Dates Announced
The exam schedule for BUMAT 2018 has been released. Aspirants can refer to the below table for all important dates:
|Last date for to submit BUMAT Application form||May 30, 2018|
|Release of BUMAT 2018 Admit Card||At the time of registration|
|BUMAT 2018 Exam Date||June 3, 2018|
|Declaration of BUMAT Result||June 15, 2018|
|Commencement of BUMAT Counselling||July 1-7, 2018|
|Beginning of classes||July 16, 2018|
BUMAT 2018 Notification Released
Here is the official notification for BUMAT 2018 for your reference:
BUMAT 2018 Eligibility
BUMAT 2018 eligibility criteria is as set up by Bharati Vidyapeeth University. Candidates must ensure that they meet eligibility requirements before applying for the exam. Given below are the conditions to appear for BUMAT 2018:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Aspirant seeking admission in BBA/BCA program should have passed HSC (10+2) or equivalent examination from any statutory board in India. The minimum marks required to be eligible for the test is 45% for General and OBC (NCL and Non-NCL) category and 40% for SC/ ST category applicants.
- Those who are appearing in the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent) are also eligible for BUMAT 2018, provided they produce necessary documents to verify the same at the time of admission.
- To appear for BUMAT 2018 there is no age limit specified by the conducting body.
BUMAT 2018 Reservation
The seats in participating institutes of BUMAT 2018 are filled on the basis of merit and there is no caste-based reservation. However, certain number of seats for defense personnel and foreign students are reserved.
- One seat over and above the sanctioned intake will be reserved for son/daughter of migrants from Jammu and Kashmir and Defense and Civil personnel engaged in fighting against terrorism in this region. It is mandatory for such candidates to appear for the BUMAT 2018.
- 15% seats are reserved under Foreign/NRI/PIO/Institutional Quota Merit Category.
BUMAT 2018 Application Form
Last Date to Apply for BUMAT 2018: May 30, 2018
BUMAT 2018 Application form is available now. Aspirants can apply in online mode only. The online application form can be filled up using these easy steps:
- Create login credentials by registering for the exam
- Click on ‘BUMAT 2018 Registration’ and enter personal details like name, date of birth and email ID
- A user ID and password generated by BUMAT will be provided to you upon successful registration.
Fill Application Form
Log in using the credentials provided to you by BUMAT. Students will then be required to fill up the application form. The required information to be filled in the application form is given below:
- Personal Information
- Contact Details
- Parents Details
- Education Details
The next step is to upload scanned images of recent, passport-size photograph and signature of the candidate. Candidates must upload the documents as per the specifications given by the conducting authority.
- After submitting the required details, upload the photograph and signatures.
- Click on ‘browse’ and select the scanned image.
- Submit the documents in the specified space and click on ‘proceed’.
Payment of Application Fee
To complete the application process, pay the required application fee of INR 1200 using Credit/ Debit card or Net Banking. No other mode of payment is accepted.
- You will be redirected to payment gateway after submitting the application form.
- Enter details asked such as card number, name on the card, etc.
- Click on ‘proceed’.
Print Confirmation Form
After all the above steps are completed, a confirmation form will be generated. Print it out and save it for future reference.
Download BUMAT 2018 Registration Guide
BUMAT 2018 Admit Card
Availability of BUMAT 2018 Admit Card: February- June 3, 2018
- The admit card of BUMAT is available just when you complete the registration process.
- The document has details such as roll number and test centre allotted along with the complete address.
- Admit card is an important document for the exam and no aspirant will be granted entry without it.
- In case a candidate does not receive his BUMAT 2018 Admit Card, he must contact CET Office of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune, a day prior to the test.
- The candidate must bring 2 copies of the photographs uploaded while registering along with the proof of submission of BUMAT 2018 application form.
BUMAT 2018 Exam Centers
- Applicants must choose any one of the 13 exam cities while filling up the application form.
- They must select the corresponding code of exam centre as given in the brochure.
- The address and name of the final allotted centre is given on the admit card.
List of BUMAT Exam Cities
|Center No.||Name of Centre|
BUMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Date of BUMAT 2018: June 3, 2018
- BUMAT aims to assess an applicant’s ability to understand the subject critically and apply prior knowledge to solve the problems.
- The exam is conducted in offline mode. Aspirants will have to mark their responses on an OMR sheet.
- The medium of language is English and duration of test will be 150 minutes.
- Question paper consists of a total of 200 objective type questions with 4 alternative responses.
- Each correct response fetches 1 mark and there is no negative marking.
- The question paper of BUMAT 2018 will consist of 4 sections- Numerical Aptitude, Reasoning/ Logical Aptitude, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
- The first 3 sections will consist of 60 questions each while the reading comprehension section has 20 questions.
Read complete BUMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
BUMAT 2018 Syllabus
Candidates problem solving skills, application of knowledge, time management skills and task-orientation is tested in BUMAT 2018. The level of knowledge is class 12th (10+2) or equivalent qualifying exam. The syllabus for each section is given below:
- Numerical Aptitude: 60 questions
It will test the aspirant’s ability to carry out numerical calculations and work with numbers. Questions about ratio and proportion, graphs and charts as also data interpretation will be asked. Level of study of Mathematics will be upto 10th class or equivalent.
- Reasoning/ Logical Aptitude: 60 questions
This section will test the aspirant's ability to read between the lines and to see through the situation without getting baffled. Questions based on series, missing links, figures and abstract reasoning will be asked.
- Verbal Ability: 60 questions
It will test the candidate's knowledge in English language. Problems pertaining to Synonyms, Antonyms, Vocabulary, Grammar, expressions, phrases and sentence completion will be asked.
- Reading Comprehension: 20 questions
This section will assess the candidate's ability to comprehend passages given and answer questions based on it.
Reference books for BUMAT 2018
|Books Name||Author Name|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K Pandey|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A.K Gupta|
|Objective Mathematics||R.D Sharma|
|General Mathematics||Manohar Pandey|
|Objective General English||R.S Aggarwal|
BUMAT 2018 Result
Declaration of BUMAT 2018 Result: June 15, 2018
BUMAT 2018 Merit List is declared on the official website of the university and will also be displayed in all the participating institutes. To check your BUMAT Result, follow the below steps:
- Log on to www.bvuniversity.edu.in.
- Search for ‘BUMAT 2018 Result’ option under ‘Admission’ head and click on it.
- Select your course and enter roll number.
- The result will be displayed and applicants must print out the result for further admission rounds.
- The combined merit list for all the participating institutes is declared together.
- Separate merit list are created for Indian nationals and Foreign/NRI/PIO/ Institutional Quota Merit category.
- The merit list contains names of qualified candidates rank-wise.
- It will contain the combined result of both BBA/ BCA programs. Aspirants must choose which program they seek admission into at the time of counselling.
- The Bharati Vidyapeeth University officials do not release the cut-off marks and call the qualified candidates for counselling based on the merit list.
BUMAT 2018 Counselling
BUMAT Counselling Schedule 2018: July 1-7, 2018
- After the declaration of the merit list, the counselling process is conducted by the respective institutes.
- Aspirants are called for counselling as per their rank in the merit list and will be offered a seat as per availability of the seat in the particular Institute and course.
- Since a combined merit list for both programs, BBA/ BCA will be displayed, aspirants can choose the course the wish to pursue at the time of counselling.
- The counselling and on the spot admissions session will be held at the respective institutes.
BUMAT Counselling Schedule 2018
|Counselling Location||Admission to Institute at||Date|
|BVIMR, New Delhi||BVIMR New Delhi, IMED Pune BVIMED Navi Mumbai, IM Kolhapur, IMRDA Sangli YMIM Karad, AKIMSS Solapur||July 1-3, 2018|
|IMED, Pune||IMED, Pune||July 4-7, 2018|
|IMSR, Navi Mumbai||BVIMED, Navi Mumbai|
The counselling process will take place in the following way:
- The counselling session will be held as per the scheduled time and date at the participating institutes.
- Candidates will be offered seats based on merit after scrutiny of their certificates.
- If a student is unable to report for counselling at the said date, he may send a representative on his behalf with a duly signed authority letter and the documents required.
- If the aspirant wishes to accept the seat offered, he must pay the requisite fees at the time of counselling otherwise his admission will be cancelled and the seat will be offered to the next eligible candidate.
Documents verification is an important element of counselling. The documents required for counselling are:
|5 passport sized photographs||10th and 12th Mark sheet and Passing Certificate|
|Demand Draft of requisite fees||Transfer or Leaving certificate from institute last attended|
|Proof of date of birth||Migration Certificate|
|Nationality Certificate||Caste or category certificate|
More About Bharati Vidyapeeth
Why apply for BVP?
- Recognized by Government of India.
- All the programmes are approved by UGC and respective statutory councils
- Member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU) & Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- 23000+ Students
- 1600+ Teachers
- 12 Faculties
- 250+ Programmes
- 29 Constituent Institutions including 3 Research Institutes
- 8 Campuses
- Students from all over India and 48 countries
Seat Matrix for BBA/BCA
|Name of the Institute||Seats in BBA course||Seats in BCA course|
|Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development (IMED), Navi Mumbai||60||60|
|Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development, Pune (IMED/BVP, Pune)||180||120|
|Institute of Management and Research(IMR/BVIMR), New Delhi||360||60|
|Institute of Management, Kolhapur||210||120|
|Abhijit Kadam Institute of Management And Social Sciences (AKIMSS), Solapur||60||60|
|Institute of Management and Rural Development Administration (IMRDA), Sangli||60||60|
|Yashwantrao Mohite Institute of Management (YMIMK), Karad||90|
Bharati Vidyapeeth Fee Structure
Placements at BVP
- Number of companies visited- 152
- Highest Salary Package-`12.00 lakh (Domestic) & `54.08 lakh (International)
- Top Recruiters- Vistara, Wipro, Indiabulls, Godrej, ITC, Nestle, BHEL, Dell, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Justdail, Airtel, etc.
Q: What is BUMAT?
Ans: BUMAT is short for Bharti Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test, which is conducted yearly by Bharati Vidyapeeth University for admission to its BBA/BCA course.
Q: How can I apply for BUMAT 2018 exam?
Ans: Candidates can apply for BUMAT 2018 through online mode. The form is available at its official website.
Q: Can I make changes in my personal details once the form has been submitted?
Ans: No, you can not change your personal details after submitting your application form.
Q: When can we download the admit card of BUMAT 2018?
Ans: You will get the admit card immediately upon receipt of BUMAT Application Form.
Q: Will Bharati Vidyapeeth University release Answer key after the BUMAT 2018?
Ans: Yes, The exam-conducting body will release the BUMAT 2018 answer key online after the entrance test is over.
Q: What are the qualifying marks for BUMAT 2018?
Ans: The qualifying marks for BUMAT 2018 are not released yet. However, whether you have qualified in the examination or not, will be known only through the merit list of BUMAT 2018.
Q: What is BUMAT 2018 Merit List?
Ans: BUMAT Merit list will carry the list of candidates who qualify for BBA program at Bharti Vidyapeeth University and will be eligible for counselling and seat allotment.
Q: Is the result required for BUMAT Seat Allotment process?
Ans: Yes, you will need BUMAT 2018 Result during the seat allotment process.
Q: How candidates will be called for counselling procedure?
Ans: After the declaration of BUMAT 2018 Result, the merit list will be prepared by the authority for seat allotment process. Candidates will be called for the counselling on the basis of the merit list.
Q: How many rounds of counselling will be held?
Ans: Two rounds of counselling will be held for admission through BUMAT.
Q: What college I can get through Counselling?
Ans: You can choose any course and any afflicted colleges of BUMAT. Seat will be allocated based on your choice, your rank in the merit list, and availability of seats.
Q: What amount of Demand Draft is required during Counselling?
Ans: The detail regarding counselling fees has not been released yet.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College