LPUNEST 2018 Result, Counselling and Scholarships
Lovely Professional University conducts national level entrance examination every year for admission to various programs- Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Masters and Doctoral. For the undergraduate program, the LPUNEST is held for muti-various disciplines and courses. The university offers admission to following types of programs-
Standard or Regular |Honours |Intgrated |Dual Degree |Lateral Entry |Part Time
- LPUNEST 2018 is conducted for admissions to undergraduate programs in Engineering and B.Tech.
- Every year more than 3 lakh aspirants take the test.
- University may also participate in CSAB counselling on the basis of JEE Main for admitting students in B.Tech programs.
LPUNEST 2018: The exam was scheduled from May 20 – 31, 2018 in online mode in 200 cities. Candidates who manage to obtain marks above the cutoff scores will be eligible for counselling session, starting from May 7, 2018.
Note: Last date to apply for scholarship is July 15, 2018.
LPUNEST 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||Lovely Professional University National Eligibility and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST)|
|Conducting Body||Lovely Professional University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate Engineering/B.Tech courses|
Dates for LPUNEST 2018
|LPUNEST 2018||May 20 – 31, 2018|
|LPUNEST Online Registration opens||1st week November 2017|
|Last date to apply for LPUNEST 2018|
|Slot booking for online examination||March 1, 2018 onwards|
|Declaration of LPUNEST Result||1 day after the conduct of exam|
|Scholarship Result||June 5, 2018|
|Online Counselling and Seat Allocation||May 7 – 25, 2018 onwards|
|Last Date of Admission on the basis of LPUNEST 2018||May 31, 2018|
Who can apply?
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before they apply for LPU-NEST 2018. The university sets minimum criteria for aspirants; if they fulfill the below-mentioned exam eligibility criteria, they can write the exam.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for LPUNEST-2018
- Applicants must have completed or shall be appearing in 2018, in the final examination of 10 + 2 from CBSE or ICSE or State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc.
- For admission in B.Tech, B.Tech, Integrated B.Tech - M.Tech and Integrated B.Tech - MBA, applicants should at least have 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Mathematics and English)
For B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT), B.Tech. (BT - Food Technology), B.Tech. Biotechnology (Hons.), Integrated B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT) - M.Tech., Integrated B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT) - MBA and Integrated B.Tech. (BT - Food Technology) - MBA, the subjects considered are Physics, Chemistry, English & Maths or Biology or Biotechnology, with 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent.
For B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE), B.Tech. (CHE - Petroleum), Integrated B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE) - MBA and Integrated B.Tech. (CHE - Petroleum) - MBA, the subjects considered are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English, with 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent.
Based on performance in LPUNEST (B.Tech), top 35% applicants appearing (subject to qualifying LPUNEST – B.Tech.), will be eligible for Scholarship up to 1.5 Lac per annum. Scholarship details are as per the following table
In addition to LPUNEST the Scholarship is also available on the basis of:
- Percentage in Qualifying Exam
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards
- Special Scholarship for Toppers of Education Board
- Fee Concession for Defence, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Personnel and their dependents.
How to Apply?
Candidates can apply for LPUNEST 2018 online on the official website of Lovely Professional University. However, the payment can be done through both online and offline mode.
- Candidates should visit the official website
- Click on LPUNEST 2018 registration link
- Once the applicants submit their valid email id and number, they will be given an application ticket.
- Aspirants are required to check whether he/she has obtained the application ticket or not
- Aspirants should fill the required personal information in the window that appears after filling in the application ticket number/code
- It is mandatory for aspirants to provide a valid email id. Please note that the Applicant Name, Date of Birth and email id cannot be changed. Thus, it is essential to provide correct information
- On submitting the information required above, aspirants will receive a confirmatory message containing application id and password on their mail and phone.
- Applicants are requested to note down the application number because all the future correspondence will be made on the application number only
- Login by using Application Number and Password
- The application form will require details of academic record-aggregate and subjects studied along with the name of institution and board.
- Candidates are required to fill the form carefully.
Once the applicant clicks on the submit button, they will be directed to a payment portal. Aspirants can use any of the following methods for making payment online:
- Internet Banking
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
The application fee is INR 700 for male applicants and INR 400 for female applicants.
If the candidate wishes to make payment through the Offline Mode (Demand Draft), they should follow the steps below
- Take a printout of the completed application form
- Enclose a demand draft drawn in favour of Lovely Professional University Payable at Jalandhar.
- Don’t forget to write “Application for LPUNEST-2018”, their Name and Mobile Number on the back side of the Demand Draft.
- Paste a recent passport size colour photograph, affix signature and send by post to the Admissions Division at LPU
Division of Admissions(LPUNEST-2018)
Lovely Professional University
Jalandhar- Delhi G.T. Road(NH-1),
Candidates are advised keep a photocopy of the filled-in application and Demand Draft for future reference.
Any application that is found incomplete will be outright rejected. An application form will be deemed incomplete if the declaration is not signed, DD is not enclosed, DD is wrongly drawn, photographs are not affixed on the application form.
The university will not be responsible for informing applicants of any such problems. Candidates who submit incomplete applications won’t be able to access the Online Slot Management System.
LPUNEST 2018 Slot Booking
After sending the application form, candidates are required to book a slot for their examination. The slot booking window is activated on the website from March 1, 2018 onwards.
The link provided on the website will direct the candidates to a registration window. They are required to fill in their application number in order to book the slot. There are two options for booking LPUNEST 2018 exam slot -
- Applicant (In case you want to select date yourself)
- University (If you want to authorize University for slot booking)
- After selecting an option, fill your test city carefully as change of Test City will not be entertained in the future
- Applicants have to provide 5 choices of exam date if he/she opts for the university option for slot booking
Online Test booking system is a web-based online scheduling system that will be available at www.lpu.in from March 2018.
Applicants can book center, date and time as per their own convenience. They have to book the test at least 3 days before the desired date.
- Slot bookings are done on the first-come-first-served basis and are subject to availability.
- It is strongly advised that applicant should book their exam slot at the earliest to avoid any inconvenience later on.
In case candidates authorize the university to book a slot, University will allow any one date (preferably from the given choices) for the exam as per the availability of exam slots.
- Applicants should visit www.lpu.in regularly and are required to fill username and password to check the allocated slot for the test.
- In case of non-availability of slots out of the choices filled by the applicant or any other delay, the university will allocate a different date to the applicant.
How to Download LPUNEST 2018 Admit Card?
Once candidates have booked or received their exam slot, they will be able to download their admit card from the website by providing Registration Number and Date of Birth.
- Candidates who book their LPUNEST test slot themselves will get their e-hall ticket as soon as they book the schedule through the online test booking system.
- For those who authorised the university to book their slots, their e-hall ticket will be released after a suitable slot is booked for them.
- For such candidates, LPUNEST test slot will be booked within 48 hours of receiving their duly filled application form. The candidates will be intimated through an email.
All LPUNEST 2018 details which includes – exam centre booking as well e-hall ticket generation will be done through email only. Thus, aspirants are advised to mention their valid email ID and mobile number in their application form.
LPUNEST Exam Centers
The exam is held nationwide across 200 centers and the candidates are generally allotted their preferred center. Candidates should check their exam centers beforehand and reach the centre before time on the exam day. Check the following map for LPUNEST Exam Centers:
LPUNEST 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Type of Questions: Questions in LPUNEST will of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Medium of Exam: The question paper will be set in English language.
- Total Sections: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology, English
- Duration: The duration of exam is 150 minutes.
- Number of Questions: 110 questions.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for PCM/B sections and 2 marks for English.
- No Negative Marking.
|Subject||Total Number of Question|
Candidates must not carry any paper or pens to the exam centre. Rough sheets will be provided at the centre.
LPUNEST Result 2018
LPU will announce its result for B.Tech applicants 1 day after the conduct of exam. All of the applicants who appeared for the entrance examination can check their secured scores in the result of LPUNEST 2018 which will be uploaded online on the official website.
Based on the performance in the entrance test applicants will be called in for counselling and seat allotment session.
How to Check LPUNEST 2018 Result?
- The link to check the result of LPUNEST 2018 will be activated on the official website.
- Candidate will be required to enter their application number to access the result.
- Click on download and print out the result for further processes.
- Result will also be sent to the candidates through their registered email IDs.
LPUNEST 2018 Cut-off
LPUNEST 2018 Cutoff is the minimum score a candidate requires to be eligible for admission to Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test.
For the academic year 2018-19 the cut off marks for B.Tech courses can be judged based on the previous year cut offs. The scholarship will also be awarded to those students who score more than or equal to the cutoff marks.
- The minimum marks are set by the University and are based on a number of factors.
- The cut off is based on number of applicants, number of vacant seats, average performance in the entrance test, and last year’s cut off.
- After the cut-off is declared, a Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ score in the entrance test.
- Shortlisted candidates who will reach the cutoff marks will be called for counselling/ seat-allotment process.
- Generally, the merit list declares the top 30% performers as eligible for admission.
LPUNEST 2018 Counselling
LPUNEST 2018 Counselling and seat allotment will begin from May 7 – 25, 2018. Candidates who qualified the exam and clear the cut-off, after the result announcement, will be called for counselling.
Candidates will be allotted seats as per the choices filled in by them. They must also carry the following documents along with at least three photocopies for verification while appearing in the counselling.
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- Character certificate
- LPUNEST admit card & scorecard
- Category certificate (if applicable)
Candidates will be required to submit their fees at the time of counselling and seat allotment. NEST also entails scholarships so candidates should check if they are eligible for scholarships at the time of counselling.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- ME - Mechatronics
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automobile Engineering (AE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Food Technology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering (CHE)
- CHE - Petroleum
Lovely Professional University,
Jalandhar - Delhi G.T. Road,
Phagwara, Punjab (India) - 144411
Phone: +91-1824-404404 | 1800 102 4431Fax: +91-1824-506100 (Admission)
Fax: +91-1824-506111 (General)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Admissions)
Email: email@example.com (General)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College