ITM NEST 2020 Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Syllabus
ITM NEST 2020 will tentatively be conducted in the month of May 2020. It is National Entrance and Scholarship Test conducted by ITM University Gwalior for admissions to various undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses of the university. There are two parts in the question paper, namely paper A and paper B where Paper A is common to all the streams and paper B is different for each stream and degree.
- Question paper consists of 100 Objective type question for which students are provided with 4 choices.
- Each question carries 2 marks. 1 mark is deducted for each question attempted wrong or left un-attempted.
- There are 4 parts in the question paper namely Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and few questions in each part of General Awareness.
- Question paper is in English Language and candidates get 1 hour 30 minutes to complete the paper.
- Counselling sessions ITM NEST 2020 will be held at the University campus and will commence in the month of June 2020.
- ITM NEST 2020 Answer Key will be available on the official website from last week of May 2020 onwards.
ITM NEST 2020 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Number of Papers||1|
|Number of Sections||4 parts which includes Basic Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics|
|Question Paper Type||Objective Type Questions|
|ITM NEST 2018 Total Marks||200|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes|
ITM NEST 2020 Exam Pattern in Detail
ITM NEST question paper will consist 4 parts in the question paper. Each part consists of 25 questions. Following is the exam pattern for ITM NEST 2020:
- Exam can be given online as well as offline depending on the preferences of a student.
- Question paper consists of 4 parts mainly Basic Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, basic questions from general knowledge and Biology.
- Each part consists of 25 questions and each question is awarded 2 marks.
- Maximum marks that a student can score 200.
- 1 mark is deducted for every question attempted wrong.
|Name of parts||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
ITM NEST 2020 Syllabus
- The syllabus for the ITM NEST exam will be based on the pattern of CBSE/NCERT Science syllabus of class 11th and 12th.
- A fixed syllabus is not provided for the General Aptitude section.
- However, the General Aptitude section will contain questions related to the major historical milestones in physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology, astronomy, environment, and computer science.
- Here is the list of some topics that could come in the examination:
|Genetics and Evolution|
|Humans and Environment|
|Biology and Animal System|
|Biology and Plant System|
|Chemistry||Measurements in Chemistry|
|Gaseous and Liquid State|
|Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity Property|
|Metals and Metallurgy|
|Amino acids and proteins|
|Electricity and magnetism|
|Sound and Mechanical Waves|
- There is no mentioned syllabus for this section. Questions are aimed to test the grasp of mathematics up to class 10. Application capabilities of the same to a simple problem will also be asked in the paper.
- This is done by giving passages from related topics and questions based on the concept elaborated in the passage will be asked.
- Some questions aim to find whether the candidates can interpret the graphical representation of information.
Know About ITM NEST 2020 Admit Card
ITM NEST 2020 Exam Day Instructions
- Any item such as textual material, bits of paper, geometry box, pen pouch, writing pad, log table or electronic pen will not be allowed in the exam hall.
- Any electronic material such as pen drive, mobile phone or calculator is strictly prohibited.
- Writing anything on the question paper booklet will be considered as an act of cheating and unfair means if candidates appear in offline mode.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam hall before completion of the ITM NEST Exam.
- The attendance sheet should be signed as a proof that you have appeared for the examination.
- Any unfair practice or any candidate is found cheating during the examination will result in the cancellation of his candidature for the current.
- Make sure you fill in the circles completely. In case, the circles are not darkened or filled in properly, the OMR sheet will be rejected by the computing system (for offline exam).
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College