IIFT 2020 Answer Key (Released), Result, Cut Off and Selection Process
NTA will be conducting IIFT 2020 for the first time in online mode for the candidates seeking admission in 2-year full-time MBA in International Business program. The exam was successfully conducted on December 1, 2019.
- IIFT Admit Card 2020 was released on November 19, 2019.
- Candidates have to carry the hall ticket to their allotted exam centre with an original photo ID proof and its copy.
- IIFT Exam Pattern comprises of 100 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each.
- It tests a candidate’s general knowledge, quantitative, verbal/ reading and reasoning skills. Read IIFT Syllabus
- IIFT 2020 Entrance Test Scores will be accepted for admission to full-time and part-time MBA course in IIFT only.
- The result will be declared on December 11, 2019. Check IIFT 2020 Cutoff
- Candidates who will qualify the exam will have to participate in the selection process including WAT, GD, and PI.
New Changes in IIFT 2020
- NTA will be conducting IIFT exam from this year onwards.
- There has been an increase in the application fee,
- The was previously conducted in PBT mode, from 2020, IIFT will be conducted in CBT mode.
- IIFT 2020 will be conducted in 89 cities, last year the exam was conducted in 20 cities only.
IIFT MBA 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Type||Post- Graduate in Management|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Courses Offered||MBA (International Business)|
|IIFT Contact Details||033-2443 2450|
IIFT 2020 Exam Dates
NTA has released the Official IIFT 2020 Exam Schedule as given below:
|IIFT Registration 2020 starts from||September 9, 2019|
|Last date to submit IIFT MBA Application Form|
|Application form filling (Jammu and Kashmir Applicants)||November 4 – 8, 2019|
|Application form correction||November 9 – 11, 2019|
|IIFT Admit Card 2020 released on||November 19, 2019|
|IIFT MBA 2020 Exam Date||December 1, 2019|
|IIFT 2020 Answer Key||December 2, 2019|
|IIFT 2020 Result for MBA-IB||December 11, 2019|
|IIFT MBA Selection Procedure 2020||January, 2020|
|IIFT Final Result releases on||March, 2020|
IIFT Eligibility Criteria 2020
Nationality: Indian and Foreign National students are eligible for IIFT 2020:
Age Limit: There is no age limit set by IIFT for MBA-IB entrance exam.
- Candidates should have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university
- The minimum aggregate required in graduation is 50%.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility for Foreign Nationals and NRI
- Candidates should have been residing outside India for at least 18 months as on December 31, 2019.
- Candidates must possess a valid passport/ travel document from a country other than India.
- Candidates must have a valid Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score.
IIFT Reservation Policy 2020
Some seats out of the total sanctioned intake are earmarked for candidates belonging to minority groups or special categories as shown in the table below:
|Category||Reservation of Seats in IIFT|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBCs)||27%|
|Scheduled Castes (SCs)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (STs)||7.5%|
|Person with Disabilities||5%|
IIFT 2020 Registration
- Registration of IIFT 2020 was open from September 9 – November 8, 2020.
- IIFT Application Form 2020 can only be filled in online mode.
Steps to fill IIFT 2020 Application Form
- Visit theofficial website i.e iift.nta.nic.in.
- Click on “Fill online application form”.
- A new page will appear, candidates have to register themselves by clicking on “New Registration”.
- A general instruction page will appear, read the instructions properly an then click on “Click Here to Proceed” to register for the exam.
- Fill the online registration form, enter personal and contact details. Choose an appropriate password and click on “Submit” after entering the security pin.
- After registration, candidates can fill the complete application form by entering the computer-generated application number and password.
- Enter all the required details.
- Upload scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Pay the requisite application fee.
- Submit the application form.
- Take a print out for future reference.
IIFT 2020 Application Fee
- The application fee can be paid in online mode using Debit/ Credit Card/ Net banking or in offline mode through a Demand Draft
- DD must be drawn in favor of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE payable at New Delhi.
- IIFT Application Fee For General Category- INR 2000/-
- IIFT Application Fee For SC/ ST/ PwD Category- INR 1000/-
- IIFT Application Fee For Foreign Nationals- INR 9,500/US$ 150
IIFT 2020 Admit Card
- IIFT 2020 Admit Card is available online at the official website from November 19, 2019.
- Candidates can download IIFT 2020 Admit Card from the official website.
- Candidates must preserve IIFT Admit card till the completion of the admission process.
How to download IIFT Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of IIFT
- Click on ‘Download Admit Card’
- Provide the Application ID and password acquired at the time of registration
- Check the details mentioned
- Take a print of IIFT 2020 Admit Card.
IIFT 2020 Exam Centers
IIFT 2020 is going to be conducted across 20 cities.Candidates are required to select the exam city at the time of IIFT Registration.
1. The shortlisted candidates are required to appear for the selection process at 7 major cities: Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, and Mumbai.
2. If candidates wish to change the opted IIFT Exam Centers, a fee of INR 1,000/- will be charged. No request for change of center will be entertained after November, 2019.
IIFT 2020 Exam Pattern
- The objective type paper will be conducted in online mode.
- The duration of the exam is 120 minutes.
- Total weightage is of 100 marks.
- The question paper is divided into 6 section-
- Reading Comprehension- each of 1 mark
- Verbal Ability- each question of 1 mark
- Quantitative Aptitude- each question of 1 mark
- Logical Reasoning- each question of 1 mark
- Data Interpretation- each question of 0.75 mark
- General Knowledge- each question of 0.25 mark
- A penalty of 1/3 marks in each section will be applied for each incorrect answer.
IIFT 2020 Syllabus
- IIFT entrance test syllabus is from the mathematics of class 10th and 12th level.
- Logical reasoning includes general puzzles and most importantly syllogisms and blood relations.
- Data Interpretation has questions about different types of graphs and charts.
- There are usually 4 passages in Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Ability comprises of vocabulary based questions and idioms.
- Current Affairs are from both static General Knowledge and current occurrences from around the world. The table below enlists the IIFT 2020 Syllabus:
|Quantitative Aptitude||Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation||English||General Knowledge|
|Algebra||Critical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Business & Economics|
|Arithmetic||Arrangements||Fill in the blanks||Awards & Records|
|Geometry||Puzzles||Para-jumbles||Science & Environment|
|Number System||Syllogisms||Sentence Correction||History & Geography|
|Modern Mathematics||Coding & Decoding||Odd one out||International Organisations|
|Statistics||Venn Diagrams||Vocabulary based||Social Issues|
Graphs & Charts
Idioms and Synonyms & Antonyms
Politics & Sports
IIFT 2020 Result
- IIFT 2020 Result will be released on December 1, 2019 as merit list.
- The scorecard will be available for candidates a few days after the declaration of merit list.
- Candidates who score the marks equal to or more than the cutoff will be eligible and invited for the selection process.
Steps to Check IIFT Result
- Visit the official website of IIFT
- Click on the link for ‘IIFT 2020 Result’
- Enter Roll number and Date of Birth
- Verify the details on the score card
- Take a printout of the score Card
Details on IIFT 2020 Scorecard
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number of the candidate
- Date of Birth of the candidate
- Maximum marks in each Section
- Total marks
- Sectional Cut off
- Marks secured by the candidate
- Overall cut off category wise
- Total marks scored by the candidate
Expected IIFT Cutoff 2020
- Candidates have to clear both sectional as well as overall cut off.
- Those who score more than or equal to the set cut off are invited for the next round of the selection process
- The expected IIFT 2020 Cutoff is given in the tables below:
Category wise Overall Cutoff
|Category||Cutoff marks||Max. Marks|
|Sections||Cutoff marks||Maximum Marks|
IIFT 2020 Selection Process
Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the written test are called to participate in IIFT Selection Process. The rounds are expected to begin from January 2020. The selection procedure for admission to MBA (International Business) involves Essay Writing, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
IIFT Essay Writing
In this round candidates have to write an essay based on some topic of General or business affairs. It aims to test candidates’ writing skills and conceptual knowledge about the topics. The average duration of this round is 20 minutes and the length of a well-defined essay is usually 300 words.
IIFT GD (Group Discussion)
For Group discussion, qualified candidates from the previous rounds are divided into groups of 10-12 participants. Candidates are given a topic related to current or business affairs. The duration of the GD usually varies. Candidates’ ability to take initiative, ability to effectively communicate their ideas are generally some qualities that the panelists lookout for in this round.
IIFT PI (Personal Interview)
The Personal Interview round is one on one round where the panelists adjudge the candidates on the basis of their persona and ability to stay focused under pressure. The usual duration of PI round in 10-15 minutes.
About MBA-IB at IIFT
The Programme aims at providing a comprehensive coverage incorporating all the important subject areas and disciplines relevant to international business. It has the below features:
- To familiarize the participants on the fundamental concepts of management.
- To expose the participants to the challenges in the emerging competitive business environment in an increasingly globalized world.
- To relate the management concepts to business situations and help participants to develop analytical and decision skills so as to evolve effective National and International Business Strategy.
- To develop socially responsive managers for International Business and help in shaping up their personality. To equip for career opportunities in International Business.
- To equip for career opportunities in International Business.
Scholarships in IIFT
- The Institute operates Need Based Scholarship Scheme under which it pays interest subsidy for a certain period of time on Educational Loan from a Bank taken by the student whose family income is less than INR 4.50 lakh per year. Depending upon the fee and other expenses the amount of educational loan is revised every year.
- Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs have introduced a liberal scholarship scheme called Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for SC/ST Students. Four SC students and four ST students, who secure admission in the Institute's two year full time MBA (International Business) are awarded scholarship by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs, respectively. The scholarship provides for (i) full tuition fee and non-refundable charges; (ii) living expenses @ INR 2,220 per month subject to actuals; (iii) books and stationery at INR 3,000 per annum subject to actuals; and (iv) a latest computer with accessories like UPS, Printer, Multimedia limited to `45,000 as one time assistance during the course
Placements at IIFT
Here are the top recruiters of IIFT MBA-IB:
IIFT Fee Structure
The annual tuition fee payable by each participant for the MBA (IB) is INR 6,75,000 which can be paid in three installments. There are other charges of INR 30,000 for rest year and INR 20,000 in the second year for computer facility, internet, library, alumni charges and IMF (student body). The students of SC, ST and PH category are given 50% concession on tuition fee only.
Foreign Nationals/NRI Students/ Children of NRIs will have to pay the annual tuition fee along with other charges in a single installment at the time of admission in the rst year and by the start of second year. The fee under this category is US$27,500 per year and other charges of INR 30,000 for rst year and INR 20,000 in the second year.
IIFT 2020 FAQs
Ques. What is IIFT 2020?
Ans. IIFT 2020 is an entrance test conducted by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) for admission to its two years MBA International Business (IB) at Delhi and Kolkata campuses. The institute will soon be starting its third campus at Kakinda, Andhra Pradesh.
Ques. What is the duration of IIFT 2020?
Ans. The exam must be attempted within the duration of 120 minutes.
Ques. Will IIFT 2020 be conducted online?
Ans. The exam will be conducted pen and paper mode i.e offline.
Ques. Will the application form available offline?
Ans. Application forms will be available in online mode.
Ques. What is the application fee for the examination?
Ans. Application fee will differ as per the categories: Category Application Fee General & OBC INR 1550 SC/ ST/ PH INR 775 Foreign Nationals/ Children of NRIs/ NRI INR 4500 (USD 80)
Ques. How can the application fee be paid?
Ans. In case of online applications, application fee can be paid through Credit/ Debit cards and Net Banking. For offline fee payment, fee must be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favor of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, payable at New Delhi.
Ques. Is there any other test after the written test?
Ans. Yes, candidates qualifying the written test will have to undergo Personal Interview, Group Discussion and Writing Skill Assessment test.
Ques. What are the minimum eligibility requirements to appear for the test?
Ans. Applicants must possess graduation degree of minimum 3 years in any discipline. They must have secured not less than 50% aggregate marks. SC, ST, PH candidates are eligible for relaxation upto 5% in qualifying marks.
Ques. Are the candidates appearing in final exams of graduation eligible to apply?
Ans. Yes, candidates appearing for exams of the final year/ semester are eligible for admissions, subject to the condition that they submit requisite proof of qualification by October 08, 2018.
Ques. Is there any age criteria for admissions?
Ans. No, there is no age bar for the applicants.
Ques. Is the admission procedure same for foreign national candidates?
Ans. No, the foreign national candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of GMAT score. They will then have to undergo Personal Interview round at IIFT campus. Candidates failing to appear physically for PI can also be interviewed through Skype.
Ques. What are the eligibility conditions to qualify as International applicant?
Ans. International candidates applying for admissions to IIFT must have been resident outside India for a period of minimum 18 months as on December 31, 2019 and be outside India during IIFT examination process. The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad should produce with application a certificate from the High Commissions/ Indian Embassy/ Consulate of the country of where the candidate is currently based. The certificate must state that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months.
Ques. Can only GMAT scorers apply for admissions?
Ans. Yes, in case the candidate has appeared for any MBA entrance test (XAT/ CAT/ IIFT) in the year of admission in India, he/ she will be considered ineligible for admission.
Ques. What are the centres of the written test?
Ans. Written test will be conducted at various centres across the following cities: • Ahmedabad • Allahabad • Bangalore • Bhubaneshwar • Chandigarh • Chennai • Coimbatore • Dehradun • Delhi • Guwahati • Hyderabad • Indore • Jaipur • Jamshedpur • Kochi • Kolkata • Lucknow • Mumbai • Nagpur • Vishakapatnam
Ques. Will the centres for Interview be same as that of the Written test?
Ans. No, the centres for interview will not be same as those of written test. The PI will be conducted in following cities: • Ahmedabad • Bengaluru • Chennai • Delhi • Hyderabad • Kolkata • Lucknow • Mumbai
Ques. Can the data be modified after submission of the application form?
Ans. No, applicants cannot modify the data after payment of application fee. For any necessary changes, candidates can send an email from their registered email IF mentioning their full name, application form number and details to be modified. Candidates must know that they can modify only few basic information.
Ques. Is the change in centre of the examination permitted?
Ans. Candidates can apply for change in centre online only. They must pay the fees of INR 1000 for the same. No requests will be considered offline.
Ques. When will be the admit cards be issued?
Ans. Admit cards has been made available at the official portal of IIFT on November 19, 2019. Candidates must carry the admit card along with necessary document to the examination venue. They must report at least an hour before the exam.
Ques. What are the total seats under IIFT 2020?
Ans. A total of 360 seats are available at both the campuses. The division of seats will be as per the information given below: Campus Seats Delhi 220 Kolkata 140
Ques. Is there any sectional cut off for the test?
Ans. Yes, candidates must clear sectional as well as overall cut off of the written test in order to qualify for further admission process. the expected sectional cut off for IIFT 2019 is given below: Section Expected Cut off English Comprehension 8.75 General Knowledge & Awareness 8.02 Logical reasoning 8.68 Quantitative Aptitude 4.34
Ques. What is the expected overall cut off for IIFT 2020?
Ans. Observing the previous year trends in IIFT Cut off, the expected IIFT 2020 cut off is stated below: Category Cut off (Overall) General 35.50 OBC (NCL) 30.50 SC 20.02 ST 22.69 PH 23.69
Ques. Is there any requirement of additional document along with Admit Card on the day of examination?
Ans. Along with the admit card, candidates must carry any one photo ID proof. Applicants can carry any one among the following documents: • Passport • Voter ID card • Aadhar Card • Driving License • PAN card • College ID card
Ques. What are the documents I will require during the counseling process?
Ans. Candidates must carry original as well as photocopies of the following documents at the time of counseling: • IIFT 2020 Score card • Memorandum of marks of SSC • Memorandum of marks of HSC • Memorandum of marks of Graduation • Provisional/ Degree Certificate • Community certificate • Transfer Certificate • Income Certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College