IBSAT 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Pattern, Syllabus and Cutoff
IBS has released IBSAT 2019 Official Notification along with exam dates and application form. Candidates seeking admission in MBA or PGDM programs offered at 9 IBS campuses- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune and Dehradun can apply for the exam from July 1-December 12, 2019.
- IBSAT 2019 will be held on December 21 and 22, 2019 in computer-based mode.
- ISBAT Eligibility requires a graduation degree taught in English medium only with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- The management entrance exam is a two hour long test having 140 multiple choice questions. Check Exam Pattern
- IBS Syllabus includes reading comprehension, verbal ability, quantitative aptitude and Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/ DI).
- Candidates qualifying the exam will have to appear in group discussion and personal interview round at IBS Hyderabad.
Highlights of IBSAT 2019
|Exam Name||ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test|
ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education
|Courses Offered||MBA/PGPM and Ph.D in Management|
|IBS Campuses||Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune|
|IBS Helpline||1800 425 55 66 77|
IBSAT 2019 Exam Dates-Official
Here, we have mentioned the Official schedule of IBSAT 2019:
|Availability of IBSAT Application Form 2019||July 1 - December 12, 2019|
|Availability of IBSAT Admit Card 2019||December, 2019|
|IBSAT Exam Dates 2019||December 21-22, 2019|
|IBSAT Result 2019||January, 2020|
|IBSAT Selection Breifings 2019||January 11 – 19, 2020|
|IBSAT Interview and Group Discussion 2019|
MBA/ PGPM Program: February 22 – 29, 2020
Ph.D. Program: March 7 – 8, 2020
IBSAT Registration 2019 (Open)
The application form of IBSAT 2019 is now available at the official website of IBSAT. Management aspirants can fill in the online application until December 12, 2019. Registration can be done via online or offline mode.
Pre-requisites for IBSAT Application Form
- A valid email address, telephone number and address
- Mark sheets of X, XII, Graduation and any other professional qualification for calculating the percentage of marks.
- If academic institutions offer grade point averages (GPA), they need to be converted into percentage score as per the conversion scheme of that institution.
IBSAT Application Form-Online
- The application fee for IBSAT 2019 is INR 1800.
- Candidates can pay the fee through a Debit Card/ Credit Card or Net Banking.
- Upon successful payment, the candidates will receive an email with the application number and password.
- Applicants will be able to login through their credentials to fill the application form of IBSAT 2019 in online mode.
IBSAT Application Form-Offline
- An option to purchase IBSAT Application Form 2019 is also available.
- Candidates must pay an application fee of INR 1800 at any of the IBS Marketing Branches to receive the application form.
- With the form, candidates will also be issued a scratch card/ voucher containing application number and password.
IBSAT Eligibility 2020
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria of IBSAT 2019 mentioned below before applying for the exam:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised institute/university with at least 50 percent aggregate marks (Medium of instruction must be English).
- Minimum 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis).
- Candidates with no English medium in graduation will have to submit TOEFL, NELT or IELTS score by May 31, 2020.
- Final year graduation students can get provisional admission, provided they must complete their graduation requirements before May 31, 2020. The last date to submit the proof of graduation is November 1, 2020.
- Age Limit - There is no age limit to apply for IBSAT
- Possession of a valid NMAT/ GMAT/ CAT Score is sufficient to participate in IBSAT 2019 Selection Process
- There is no management or NRI quota for admission to IBS Business School.
Read More IBSAT Eligibility Criteria
IBSAT 2019 Slot Booking
- For IBSAT 2019, candidates are required to choose a date and time slot as per their preference.
- The selection should be made immediately, as the centers will be allotted on the first-come-first-serve basis. The steps to book a slot for IBSAT are as follows:
- Visit the official login page of IBSAT i.e. ibsindia.org.
- Enter the required credentials i.e. Application Number and Password.
- Choose the preference for IBSAT 2019 Exam Center from the drop-down list for Test centers.
- Select the city of your preference and fill the corresponding code in the blank space provided in the article.
- The next step is to select the date and time slot for IBSAT 2019. Only the available slots are displayed.
- Click on ‘Submit’ if all the details are correct.
- IBSAT 2019 Admit Card is auto-generated after submitting the choices.
Know More IBSAT Slot Booking
IBSAT Admit Card 2020
- IBSAT Admit Card will be provided by the exam conducting authority only through online mode.
- Candidates have to visit the official website and login with their credentials to download the admit card.
- IBSAT Admit Card will be available in the month of December, 2019.
- The admit card contains the details about the candidate, examination time and date, exam centre address, category, photograph, etc. Candidates have to bring this admit card at the time of examination.
IBSAT 2019 Exam Centers
- IBSAT exam centres 2019 are divided into five zones – East, West, North, South and Central.
- Candidates could choose any one city for the IBSAT 2019 exam among 17 cities in East Zone, 13 cities in West Zone, 38 cities in North Zone, 21 cities in South Zone and 6 cities in Central Zone.
- The list of IBSAT 2019 Exam Centres are mentioned below:
|IBSAT 2019 Campuses|
IBSAT Exam Pattern 2019
Below, we are providing the complete Exam Pattern of IBSAT:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through online mode (Computer Based Test (CBT)).
- Language: The question paper will asked in English language only.
- Numbers of Questions: Total 120 questions will come in the examination.
- Type of Questions: The question will be objective type questions.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, one mark will be given to the candidate.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking in the exam.
IBSAT Syllabus 2019
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Verbal Ability (VA)||50||50||A cumulative duration of 2 hours|
|Reading Comprehension (RC)||30||30|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||30||30|
|Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/ DI)||30||30|
IBSAT 2019 Result
- IBSAT Results will be announced at ibsindia.org.
- Candidates can visit the official website-ibsindia.org to download their scorecard.
- The scorecard contains a candidate’s sectional and total marksobtained in the exam.
- Candidates clearing IBSAT Cutoff will be called for further selection rounds (GD/PI).
How to Check IBSAT Result?
- Visit the official website of IBSAT 2019 i.e ibsindia.org
- Click on the ‘IBSAT Result’ tab
- Enter your Application Number and Password
- View and Download IBSAT 2019 Scorecard
- Download it for further use.
IBSAT 2019 Cutoff
- ICFAI will release the official IBSAT Cut off 2019 in the second week of January 2020.
- IBSAT Cutoff depends on a number of factors like- previous years’ cutoff, the difficulty level of exam, number of test takers etc.
- IBSAT Cut off is different for all the different IBS Business Schools.
- Candidates who score more than or equal to the cut off score are called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The table below highlights the tentative ISBAT Cutoff for the various IBS Business Schools based on statistics from 2019:
|IBS College||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
IBSAT 2019 Selection Procedure
For IBSAT 2019, the selection rounds will take place on February 22 – 29, 2019. Candidates who score more than or equal to the cutoff marks will be sent call letter for selection process.
Stages of IBSAT Selection Process 2019
Stage 1- Registration
- Candidates have to register for IBSAT Selection Process.
- To register, visit the official website once the cut off is out.
- A link will be provided on the official website during that time.
Stage 2- Selection Briefing
- The selection briefings are a series of focused seminars to provide the candidate an insight into programs and processes at IBS.
- It is conducted to introduce the shortlisted candidates about all the programmes offered at the IBS Business Schools.
- Selection Briefings will be conducted at 40 locations from January 11 – 19, 2019.
Stage 3- Group discussion
- Selected candidates will be invited for group discussion at IBS Hyderabad.
- During the group discussion round, factors that help fetch marks include Leadership, Optimistic outlook, and Negotiation Skills.
- All the participants are divided into a group of 8-10 people.
- Candidates are given topics or case study to discuss for 15-20 minutes.
Stage 4- Personal Interview
- After the GD Round candidates are called for Personal Interview.
- In this round, a candidate’s communication skills, confidence level, attitude, and aptitude are tested.
Note: The final merit list is formed on the basis of marks secured in IBSAT 2019 (or MAT/CAT/GMAT/NMAT) + GD + PI + Academic Qualifications.
IBS Colleges Accepting IBSAT Score 2019
For this year, there are 9 IBS schools affiliated to ICFAI offering admissions via IBSAT scores. Tabulated below are the names of the schools with their fees:
|IBS MBA Colleges||Fees (INR in Lac)|
|IBS (ICFAI B-school), Hyderabad||7.02 lakhs per annum|
|IBS (ICFAI B-School) Pune||4.005 lakhs per annum|
|IBS (ICFAI B-School) Gurgaon||4.005 lakhs per annum|
|IBS (ICFAI B-School) Ahmedabad||4.005 lakhs per annum|
|IBS (ICFAI B-School) Bengaluru||4.005 lakhs per annum|
|IBS (ICFAI B-School) Kolkata||4.005 lakhs per annum|
|IBS (ICFAI B-School) Mumbai||4.005 lakhs per annum|
|IBS (ICFAI B-School) Dehradun||2.835 lakhs per annum|
|IBS (ICFAI B-School) Jaipur||2.835 lakhs per annum|
Non-ICFAI MBA colleges accepting IBSAT score
|MBA college||Fee (INR in lac)|
|Adarsh Institute of Management and Information Technology (AIMIT) Bangalore||4.50|
|GIBS Business School Bangalore||6.50|
|FMS- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad||5.29|
|JK Business School, Gurgaon||5.50|
|Vanguard Business School, Bangalore||6.25|
|VYASA Business School, Bangalore||4.30|
IBSAT 2019 Admission Process
MBA/PGPM from IBS Business School
The two year MBA/PGPM Program of IBS is designed to give graduates exposure to management skills needed for the creation of specialists who can integrate across functional areas in a dynamic organization.
- The aim is to provide a broad perspective of all the areas of management.
- Emphasis is placed on application of principles, tools and concepts to resolve challenges faced in modern organizations.
- A managerial perspective is provided in formulating and implementing corporate strategy.
IBS Fee Structure
|IBS Campus||Fee per Annum*|
(Rs. in Lakhs)
|IBS Hyderabad||7.02||MBA Program|
|IBS Ahmedabad||4.005||PGPM Program|
|IBS Dehradun||Domicile - 2.835|
Non-domicile - 2.835
- In addition, students have to pay Rs.10,000 as refundable Caution Deposit with the first installment of Tuition Fee.
- The candidates selected for the MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur who hail from the respective state will be awarded fee concession of Rs.50,000. The fee concession will be given in five equal installments. The students have to produce domicile certificate from the Tahsildar/MRO/ Municipality Office. The complete details will be given in student handbook.
Financial Assistance to Students
- The candidates selected for IBS Programs can avail educational loans from Public / Private Sector Banks.
- The maximum loan amount provided by the bank is of 10 lakhs INR for each program.
- The loan amount is disbursed by the bank as per the fee schedule.
List of banks candidates can avail educational loans for IBS MBA/PGPM programs:
Private Sector Banks & Financial Institutions
- HDFC Bank
- CREDILLA Financial Services
- AVANSE Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Axis Bank
|Public Sector Banks|
|State Bank of India||Central Bank of India|
|Punjab National Bank||State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur|
|Andhra Bank||State Bank of Hyderabad|
|Axis Bank||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||Bank of India|
|Bank of Baroda||UCO Bank|
|Canara Bank||Allahabad Bank|
|Corporation Bank||Syndicate Bank|
IBSAT 2019/ IBS Exam FAQs
Ques. What are the courses offered through IBSAT?
Ans. IBSAT is conducted every year for admission to the following Programs:
- 2-year MBA program at IBS Hyderabad
- 4-year Ph. D program (Full Time) at IBS Hyderabad
- 4-year Ph. D program (Part Time) at IBS Hyderabad
- 2-year PGPM (Postgraduate Program in Management) at 6 IBS campuses - Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune
- 2 Year MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur
Ques. Is IBSAT a common entrance for all programs of IBS?
Ans. Yes. IBSAT is conducted every year for admission to all programs of IBS at 95 test centers all over India. It is 2hr computer based test. IBSAT 2019 test is scheduled from December 21-22, 2019.
Ques. Will IBS provide any Mock Tests?
Ans. Yes. Mock Tests are provided for the candidates to familiarize with IBSAT 2019 Exam Pattern. These mock tests are available on ibsindia.org from September 2019 onwards.
Ques. What are the specifications for the photograph to upload during IBSAT Registration?
Ans. You must upload a colored photograph, full face till the shoulder, in jpeg or gif format. The photograph size should not exceed 25KB and should be approximately 140 – 160 pixels.
Ques. What is the fee structure of IBS programs?
Ans. MBA / PGPM Program:
- IBS Hyderabad: Rs. 7.02 lakhs per annum.
- IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur: Rs. 2.835 lakhs per annum.
- IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Mumbai, IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Kolkata, IBS Pune : INR 4.005 lakhs per annum.
- In addition, students have to pay Rs.10,000 as refundable Caution Deposit with the first installment of Tuition Fee.
- The candidates selected for the MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur who hail from the respective state will be awarded fee concession of INR 50,000. The fee concession will be given in five equal installments. The students have to produce domicile certificate from the Tahsildar/ MRO / Municipality Office. The complete details will be given in student handbook.
Ques. My score in IBSAT 2017 was 98. What are my chances of getting admission in IBS Hyderabad?
Ans. The general IBSAT cut off for 2016 was 68. The chances of admission are high but still, the performance in GD and PI play an important role.
Ques. If I have scored 22 marks in Quantitative Aptitude section out of 30 in IBSAT. Have I cleared the minimum cut off?
Ans. The sectional cut off for each section is not declared officially separately. The general IBSAT 2016 cut off was 68 so it is expected that at 22 you have qualified the minimum cut off.
Ques. If I have applied for IBS Gurgaon, and if I miss the minimum cut off for IBS Gurgaon, then will I automatically be allowed to take admission in the next IBS institute which has vacant seats?
Ans. IBSAT counselling is centralized so the admission to the next institute with available seats and as per the choices filled by you would be allotted to you.
Ques. I am currently doing B.Sc. (Home Science). I want to know if I am eligible for admission to PGPM/ MBA program?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible for the PGPM program just the minimum percentage criteria of 50% must be fulfilled.
Ques. I am from Jharkhand and I have done my class 10 from Punjab State Board. Then I shifted to Jharkhand. I want to know if I am allowed to write IBSAT exam. Does a change of state board of class 10 and class 12 will affect my eligibility?
Ans. No, this will not affect your eligibility criteria. You are allowed to write the exam. Just education must have been completed in regular mode.
Ques. I wrote class 10 exam with 7 subjects. I had written the additional exam for French language but I failed. So can I write the IBSAT exam?
Ans. Yes, it is important that the best 5 subjects are qualified with distinction and the minimum percentage in class 10 exam must be 50%.
Ques. I am 28 years old and I want to MBA. Can I write the IBSAT exam?
Ans. Yes, you are allowed to write the exam. Age is no bar for qualifying the examination.
Ques. I have filled the IBSAT application form but I am confused about the course PGPM and MBA. Can you tell me what should I choose?
Ans. The MBA program and PGPM program are both equally good. The only difference is on the certification level. Once you have completed MBA program you would be awarded a degree from a UGC recognized university. On completion of the PGPM program, students are trained in an office environment to equip them to become corporate leaders. Students applying for PGPM can apply for the part-time or distance learning MBA program from any university.
Ques. I have filled the IBSAT application form before the last date. I paid the application fee of Rs.1800 along with it. What should I do, as now the system is showing the error “application fee not paid”?
Ans. Take a snapshot of the error and send an email to the assistance email address email@example.com. Write down all the details of the incident and ask them for the proper guidance on the incident. Also, make a call on the helpline number 040-23440963 and seek advice on the phone number.
Ques. I have purchased the IBSAT application form in the offline mode. Would I be allowed to change the password?
Ans. Yes with the help of the password given on the voucher you can change your password. Once you have logged into the system with the ID and Password combination, the system would ask you automatically to “change your password”.
Ques. My wife is from Germany. Her age is 29 years. Can she write the IBSAT MBA exam?
Ans. Yes, she can write the exam.
Ques. Do I have to create a new email Id for IBSAT exam or the old one will be fine to work with the application process?
Ans. No need to create a new email Id for the application process. The old one is absolutely fine to work with the application process.
Ques. I filled the IBSAT application form in July 2017. I changed my password once I filled the application form successfully. I am now trying to log in but the system does not allow me to log in. What to do?
Ans. There is an option of “forgot password” that is coming on the webpage. Click on the same and then you can get your password over email your registered email ID.
Ques. I have done coaching for CAT exam. So can the same study material be used for preparing for IBSAT or some more coaching is required?
Ans. The syllabus is same for all the MBA entrance exam and the CAT coaching study material is quite good. So need to join additional coaching for the same.
Ques. I have heard that there is a change in the IBSAT exam pattern. Is it true that there are 130 questions in the IBSAT exam from this year onwards?
Ans. No, there is no change in the IBSAT exam pattern. Any changes would be officially updated on the website.
Ques. Can you give me the details of the IBSAT marking scheme along with the exam pattern?
Ans. IBSAT marking scheme is same as 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer and there is no negative marking. The exam pattern is as follows: Subject Number of questions Number of marks English usage 30 30 Quantitative ability 30 30 Reading comprehension 30 30 Data Interpretation & Sufficiency 30 30 Total 120 120
Ques. I am from Hyderabad and I want to take admission in IBSAT Dehradun, so do I have to write separate exam especially for Dehradun location?
Ans. No one common exam would work for all the locations. Also, IBSAT exam is common for all the locations.
Ques. I have completed my graduation in the Hindi Language. I now want to do MBA, am I allowed to write the IBSAT exam?
Ans. Yes, you can write the exam but your fluency in the English language is compulsory which can only be proved if you have qualified the written exam of TOEFL/NELT/IELTS. The score of these exams must be submitted by 31st May 2019.
Ques. I am from an economically backward tribe. I know computers but not sure about my typing speed. What should I do to appear for IBSAT in offline?
Ans. IBSAT is a computer-based test only so there are no chances that you can give this exam in the offline mode. So try to improve your answering speed by working with the mock exams.
Ques. I am from Manipur location and I have the OBC certificate. So will I get any benefit of this claim in the seat allotment process?
Ans. No, there is no reservation as per the seat allotment process. The seat allotment would be done on the basis of merit without taking into consideration any regional or cast reservation claims.
Ques. I find that Data Sufficiency and Data adequacy syllabus are the same, then why are there different names in IBSAT exam?
Ans. There is no clear differentiation of the syllabus of data sufficiency and data adequacy. The section is designed to test the data comprehension skills of the candidate.
Ques. I am writing IBSAT 2019 exam. I appeared for IBSAT 2017 but could not qualify the exam as my score was low in Data Interpretation. What are the important topics of IBSAT exam?
Ans. The important topics are as follows: Bar graphs & Column graphs Tables Venn – diagram Critical reasoning Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency Logical Reasoning Visual reasoning Pie chart
Ques. I am weak in quantitative ability but what to do, so I excel in the section? Can you give some important topics that I can prepare for the IBSAT 2019 exam for this section?
Ans. The important highlights of the section are as follows: Time, speed and distance Quadratic and linear equation Profit & loss Probability Permutation & combination Percentage LCM & HCF Co- ordinate geometry Arithmetic progression Algebra & Geometry
Ques. I am preparing for the IBSAT exam but at some places, I can find 50 questions will be asked as opposed to 30 questions in the IBSAT exam. Is it true?
Ans. No, some websites are publishing that there are 50 questions but on IBSAT official website you can check only 30 questions will be asked. So do not fall prey to any such myths keep checking the official website.
Ques. I can check that IBSAT allows for the mock exam. How can I write the mock exam?
Ans. The mock exam can be given only if you have successfully registered for the exam. The steps to work with the Mock exam are as follows: Access the official IBSAT 2017 website. Look for the link “mock test”. Click on the link and enter the details of the name, email address, mobile number and state. Click on “submit” button and then the “mock test 1” will appear on the screen.
Ques. My official IBSAT score is different from the expected IBSAT score. How can I get a recheck done on my score?
Ans. There is no provision of revaluation of the score once it has been submitted or the result has been released officially.
Ques. Is it true that the placement quality of IBS Gurgaon is better than IBS Hyderabad?
Ans. Placements are unique for every IBS institute but the placement quality is relatively same for all the branches. Companies may differ with each institute.
Ques. I am from the Physically handicapped category, so are there any special facilities in the IBS Gurgaon for physically handicapped hostel students?
Ans. IBS has a good facility for all the students, care would be taken to give comfort to the student who has any physical disability. However, no special reservation is there in case of physically handicapped students.
Ques. I did not perform well in my PI round. How can I request for a second chance for PI in Hyderabad?
There are no second chances given in the PI round of IBSAT counselling. Kindly do not attempt it, as it students are invited on the basis of merit.
Ques. If I am from Assam. I want to know how can I get admission in IBS Dehradun?
Ans. IBSAT exam must be qualified for seeking admission in IBS Dehradun. The performance in GD, PI and IBSAT would be considered before the final merit list is released.
Ques. I want to take admission in IBS Bombay. Can you give me the details of the cut off of the top 4 IBS MBA institutes?
Ans. Yes, you can check the expected cut off from the list here: IBSAT campus Cut off IBS Gurgaon 62+ IBS Mumbai 62+ IBS Bangalore 65+ IBS Hyderabad 68+
Ques. Who can I contact in case of a query?
Ans. In case of queries you may contact the authority through any of the below mediums:
IBS Admissions Office
Plot no 65, Ground Floor, Nagarjuna Hills,
Punjagutta Hyderabad - 500 082, Telangana, India.
Phone: + 91-40-2344 0963;
Toll Free No: 1800 425 55 66 77
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College