KMAT Kerala Counselling will commence after the declaration of results and scorecards. Candidates qualifying the examination are eligible to participate in the admission procedure. The entire procedure will take place in multiple rounds post announcement of KMAT Kerala 2019 Result.
Latest: KMAT Kerala 2019 June session is scheduled for June 16, 2019. The registration for same has begun. Apply Now
- The allocation of seats will be on the merit-cum-preference basis.
- KMAT Kerala Seat Allotment letter will be emailed to all the qualified candidates to provisionally allot the seats.
- Upon receiving the letter, report at institutes and complete the admission process. Check Top KMAT Kerala Participating Institutes
For the June session, the minimum cut off released by ASC, Kerala is:
- General category: 108 out of 720 marks (15% of the maximum marks)
- SEBC category: 72 out of 720 marks (10% of the total marks)
- SC/ ST category: 54 out of 720 marks (7.5% of the total marks)
Check KMAT Kerala Cut off
Candidates scoring equal to or more than the marks mentioned above can advance to the second stage of KMAT 2019. The second stage consists of a Group Discussion and an Interview round. Final merit list is then prepared after the completion of both the stages. Read on to know important details regarding counselling and seat allotment process of KMAT 2019.
KMAT Kerala Counselling Procedure
Candidates are selected on the basis of the scores in the written examination followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds performances. Selected candidates must apply to the college/institutes individually and there would be no choice locking type system. Listed below are the top participating colleges/universities accepting KMAT Kerala Scores:
- Kannur University
- Kerala Agricultural University
- KUFOS (Kerala University of Fisheries Ocean studies)
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
Check MBA Colleges Accepting KMAT Kerala Scores
KMAT Kerala Counselling #Facts
- Candidates having valid CAT/CMAT score can also apply to the colleges participating under KMAT 2019.
- There is a certain weightage assigned to each stage of the exam that is written test, GD, and Interview, which would be considered at the time of admission and counseling.
- The weightage assigned is in the ratio 80:10:10 for the written exam, GD, and Interview respectively.
- ASC release the official notification related to KMAT Kerala Counselling at its official portal.
- For June Session, the results will be declared in March 2019, the counselling is expected to begin in mid of March 2019.
Note: We will keep you updated with counselling schedule for KMAT 2019. It is advisable to visit the official website of ASC, Kerala on a regular basis for recent updates. Stay tuned!
Steps in KMAT 2019 Counselling
- Candidates who clear the exam by obtaining the minimum cut-off marks or more can participate in the counseling/ admission process.
- They have to apply to the colleges/university (separately/ individually) in case they satisfy the cut-off criteria set by that particular university/college.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat will then have to undergo the document verification process, before going for admission formalities.
Documents Required for KMAT Kerala Counselling
There are few documents that KMAT qualifiers must carry at the time of counselling procedure. They are as follows:
- Passport Size Photographs
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- KMAT Kerala Admit Card
- KMAT Kerala Score Card 2019
- Character certificate
- 10th Class Mark sheet
- 10th Class Passing Certificate
- 12th Class Mark sheet
- 12th Class Passing Certificate
- Transfer/ Migration Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree Marksheet
Note: All the documents must be self-attested. Also, it is important to carry original documents with the photocopies as well.
KMAT 2019 Seat allotment
- Seat allotment in KMAT Kerala Participating Colleges is done on the basis of their scores in the exam, merit list and performance in GDPI rounds.
- A merit list of all the qualified candidates would be prepared after the GD/Interview rounds are over.
- Based on these ranks admissions will take place in various colleges/university under KMAT 2019.
Note: CAT/ CMAT qualifiers can also participate in the counselling and seat allotment procedure.
KMAT Kerala Counselling FAQs
Ques. How is the merit list of KMAT Kerala prepared?
Ans. The KMAT Kerala merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Kerala Management Aptitude Test.
Ques. When and who will release the results of KMAT Kerala 2019 (June session)?
Ans. For this year, the results will be available in March 2019 at the official portal of ASC (Admission Supervisory Committee). Direct Link – Click Here
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility to apply or register for KMAT Kerala Counselling?
Ans. All the candidates who have cleared the cutoff marks of KMAT 2019, they will eligible for the counselling process/ admission procedure.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College