GPAT 2019 Result (Announced), Scorecard, Merit List & Counselling
The registration window for GPAT 2019 will close on December 7 (extended). Bachelor’s degree (in pharmacy) holders can apply online at ntagpat.nic.in. NTA has scheduled the exam for January 28 (2.30 pm to 5.30 pm) in computer-based mode.
Latest Update: GPAT 2019 Result has been declared at ntagpat.nic.in. To check your GPAT 2019 Score Click Here
AICTE will no longer conduct the examination. Instead, National Testing Agency will organise the national level examination for entry into M.Pharma programs or its equivalent courses across the country. Candidates qualifying in GPAT will be also considered for various scholarship and fellowship schemes for pursuing research and further studies. Check Scholarships & Financial Assistance via GPAT
GPAT Trending Facts:
- B.Tech. (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology)/ equivalent candidates are not eligible for GPAT. CheckGPAT Eligibility
- The official mock tests will be available shortly at nta.ac.in. Download Free GPAT Practice Papers
- GPAT Syllabus is based on the undergrduate curriculum published and revised by PCI (Pharmacy Council of India).
- Scores obtained in GPAT is used by all the institutions, departments and colleges approved by AICTE to provide admission to M.Pharm programs.
GPAT is a 3-hour online test, conducted in a single session. At the test center, each candidate will be seated at a desk with a computer terminal. He/ she will be provided with rough papers and pen/ pencil for calculations. Highlights of the paper pattern of GPAT is indicated below:
Candidates can download GPAT Scorecard and Merit List from the official website from February 8. There is no centralized counselling process for GPAT and all the successful candidates need to directly apply for admission to colleges accepting GPAT Scores.
Highlights of GPAT 2019
Some of the important highlights for GPAT 2019 can be checked below for the reference.
|Exam Name||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test|
|Exam Conducting Authority||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|Cycle of Examination||Annually|
|Mode of Application||Online only|
|Date of Exam||January 28, 2019|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based i.e. Online|
|Courses Offered||M.Pharma/ Integrated PhD|
|GPAT Helpdesk||7042399521/ 525/ 526 | email@example.com|
GPAT 2019 Exam Dates (Released)
With the release of official notification, the exam schedule has also been published at NTA’s website. The same is tabulated below:
|Release of GPAT Application Form||November 1, 2018|
|Last date for online registration||December 7, 2018|
|Availability of GPAT admit card||January 7, 2019|
|GPAT Exam Date 2019||January 28, 2019|
|Announcement of results||February 8, 2019|
|Availability of score card||2nd week of February 2019|
GPAT 2019 Eligibility
Aspirants must thoroughly go through the eligibility standards before applying for the examination. Major pointers are listed below:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy of minimum 4 years duration after 10+2.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- There is no age restriction for appearing in GPAT.
- Candidates who have passed or will be appearing in the lateral entry B.Pharma program can also apply online.
- Students in the final year of B.Pharma are also eligible for applying in the examination.
If candidates satisfy all GPAT Eligibility conditions, they should proceed to fill the application form.
How to Fill GPAT Application Form?
GPAT Application Dates: November 1 – December 7
Candidate can apply via online mode only. Applications sent via post or email will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Major steps involved in GPAT Registration:
Step 1: Self Registration i.e. register for Online Application Form and note down system generated Application Number.
- Enter all the required details
- Set Password
- Choose a security question and enter an answer
Step 2: Complete Application Form
- Login with the system generated User ID and Password.
- Enter your Personal, Academic and other details.
Step 3: Upload Scanned Images of Candidate Photograph and Candidate Signature.
- Scan your Photo and Signature as per the defined standards. Check Now
- Failing to do the same will result in cancellation of candidature.
Step 4: Pay Examination Fee by SBI MOPS (Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card/eChallan)
- The fee varies as per candidate’s category.
- For General/ OBC- NCL – Male: INR1400 | Female: INR 700
- For SC/ ST/ PwD – Male: INR 700 | Female: INR 700
- For Transgender – INR 700
Check detailedGPAT Registration
GPAT 2019 Admit Card
GPAT Admit Card: January 7 onwards
Candidates who have registered successfully can download their hall ticket from NTA’s website. The document carries all the details related to candidate and examination. Steps to download the same are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website for GPAT, www.ntagpat.nic.in.
Step 2: Login with your user ID and password.
Step 3: Select GPAT 2019 admit card from the menu.
Step 4: Enter your application number and click “Submit” button.
Step 5: Your GPAT 2019 Admit Card will appear on your computer screen. Check and download the document.
Without admit card, candidates will not be allowed to give the entrance examination. Candidates must check if all the details mentioned on their GPAT 2019 admit card are accurate. Candidates must immediately contact the conducting authority if there is any discrepancy in the admit card. The details that will be mentioned on your GPAT 2019 admit card is as follows:
- Name of candidate
- Roll Number
- Date of birth
- Name of exam center
- Address of exam center
- Date and time of examination
- Instructions for exam
Candidates are advised to read the instructions for exam that will be printed on the back of their admit card. Candidates must carry their admit card to the exam center on the day of examination along with any one document that will authenticate their identity, such as Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, etc.
GPAT 2019 Exam Center
- The exam center for GPAT 2019 will be clearly mentioned on the admit card of candidates.
- There are approximately 90 GPAT exam centers spread all over India.
- Candidates need to report to the exam center at least 30 minutes before the exam starts.
- Candidates are required to choose a maximum of four centers as per their preference while filling the application form.
- The conducting authority will not change the exam center once it is allotted to candidates.
GPAT Exam Pattern
GPAT 2019 will be a computer based test (CBT). Candidates appearing in GPAT 2019 must know the exam pattern so that they can prepare accordingly. You can find the detailed exam pattern of GPAT in the table below:
|Mode of examination||Online (Computer-based test)|
|Duration of examination||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions|
|No. of Questions||125|
|Language of Question Paper||English|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be awarded for each right answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
The syllabus of GPAT 2019 will have questions of B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy) level. There are four main sections of GPAT 2019 Syllabus. The subjects and topics that are there in GPAT 2019 syllabus are as follows:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Candidates can solve the previous year question papers to score well in GPAT 2019 examination. Candidates are advised to collect the best books and study materials so that they can prepare well for the examination.
Top GPAT Coaching Centers
GPAT Coaching has gained significant popularity in recent years. The syllabus for GPAT is based on the undergraduate curriculum prescribed by Pharmacy Council of India. Most aspirants opt for coaching to gain expert guidance and specialized study material. Coaching institutes usually offer exclusive coaching for GPAT or a more generalized coaching for other pharmacy exams as well like NIPER JEE.
Candidates can find the list of top GPAT Coaching Centers in the country below:
|Name of Institute||Location||Rating||Batches|
|RAHE (Ratiram Academy of Higher Education)||Laxmi Nagar, New Delhi||★★★★★||GPAT||Batch1||Batch 2|
|Weekend batch (8 hours study)||1 year||9 months|
|Weekend batch (8 hours study)||6 months||4 months|
|Distance learning||1 year||1 year|
|Online test series||1 year||1 year|
|Pharma Sapience||Kalkaji, Delhi||★★★★★||Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Score Tutorials||New Delhi||★★★★||Contact: email@example.com|
|Elite Academy||Andheri West, Mumbai||★★★★1/2||Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com|
|The GATE Academy||Thane, Mumbai||★★★★1/4||Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pharmacognize||Sector 15C, Chandigarh||★★★★★||Course starts from 21 Jan 2017 (10:30 am) till GPAT 2019 Sat-Sun (3-4 hrs)|
|Pharma Glimps||Sector 38C, Chandigarh||★★★★1/2||Contact: email@example.com|
|RAHE (Ratiram Institute of Higher Education)||Jadavpur, Kolkata||★★★★★||Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Score Tutorials||Kolkata||★★★★||Contact: email@example.com|
GPAT 2019 Result
GPAT Result Date: February 8
The result of GPAT 2019 will be declared by February 8 as GPAT Score which will be accepted by around 800 participating pharmacy institutes. GPAT is accepted by all AICTE approved institutions, universities and colleges.
- Candidates must apply separately to the desired GPAT 2019 participating institutes with the scores of the examination.
- Then, each participating institute will release their respective cut off GPAT Score which candidates should meet to get qualified for admission to that particular institute.
- Candidates are advised to see the details of the admission process of each participating institute of GPAT 2019 on their respective website.
The steps for downloading GPAT 2019 score card is as follows:
- Visit the official website.
- Login by using your user ID and password.
- Click on the link that says “GPAT 2019 score card”. You will be redirected to a page where you can download your score card.
- Enter your roll number.
- Your GPAT 2019 score card will appear on your computer screen. Download the score card and take a printout of it as it will be required during counselling.
Know more about GPAT 2019 Result
GPAT Cut Off
The cut off marks is the minimum marks that candidates have to obtain for qualifying in the entrance examination. It will be set by NTA depending on the number of candidates who have appeared in the examination and the difficulty level of the examination. Candidates can check the cut off marks to understand if they have qualified in the examination. The cut off marks will be declared during the announcement of results.
Scholarship/ Financial Assistance Through GPAT
GPAT qualified candidates can also avail scholarship through NTAor CSIR for pursuing further studies and research in the field of pharmacy. GPAT qualified candidates can subsequently register for NIPER JEE to pursue M.Pharma in NIPER, nation’s premier Pharmacy institute. Know More About Financial Assistance Through GPAT
The financial assitance through NTA can be availed through the institute from where the institute is pursuing M.Pharma. The scholarship is tenable for the period of pursuing postgraduate program. CSIR’s financial assistance (fellowship) on the other hand is available for pursuing integrated 5 year M.Pharma-PhD from AcSIR or any other laboratory of CSIR.
These scholarships are also available for GATE qualified candidates for pursuing M.E/M.Tech/PhD. The fellowship amount through CSIR is INR 25000. The fellowship is however not available for candidates who have qualified SRF (Senior Research Fellowship).
GPAT 2019 Counselling
Candidates will be called for GPAT 2019 Counselling on the basis of their merit list. GPAT 2019 Merit List will specify the roll number of candidates, category, rank, total score and qualified/non-qualified status. Counselling of candidates will be conducted individually by the various NTA approved institutions. Allotment of seats will be on the basis of scores that candidates have obtained in the entrance examination. CheckGPAT Counselling Process
All the documents mentioned below should be carried at the time of counselling:
- Mark sheet and certificate of qualifying examination
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate
- GPAT 2019 admit card
- GPAT 2019 score card
- Passport size photographs
Candidates need to follow the admission procedure of institutions that will be allotted to them on the basis of their GPAT 2019 scores. The notification of admission will be published on the official website. NTA will then send GPAT 2019 Merit List to the respective state governments for allotting seats to qualified candidates. The participating institutions/colleges of GPAT will then offer admission to candidates on the basis of their GPAT scores.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College