TS PGLCET 2018 Exam Dates, Registration, Syllabus
Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test (PGLCET) is conducted by Kakatiya University, Warangal to offer admission to students for one-year LLM program offered by the state universities and their affiliated colleges. TS PGLCET is conducted on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). This is a state level entrance exam. Candidates need to read the eligibility conditions thoroughly before applying for TS PGLCET 2018
- TS PGLCET 2018 application process will start in the month of February 2018.
- TS PGLCET 2018 will be held in the third week of May 2018 in offline mode at various TS PGLCET 2018 exam centers across the state of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- TS PGLCET 2018 Results are expected to be out by the second week of June 2018.
- TS PGLCET 2018 Counselling and Seat Allocation process will begin shortly after the declaration of the results.
- TS PGLCET 2018 Exam Pattern includes 120 questions of the objective type and the total time limit is 90 minutes.
- Candidates will be awarded one marks for each correct answer. No mark will be deducted for wrong or unanswered questions.
TS PGLCET 2018 Highlights
|Name of Exam||Telangana State Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test|
|Date of Exam||May 25, 2018|
|Conducting Body||Telangana State Council of Higher Education(TSCHE)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||90 minutes|
TS PGLCET 2018 Exam Dates
Here we are providing the official TS PGLCET Exam Dates:
|Notification Released on||March 22, 2018||Check Official Notification of TS PGLCET 2018|
|Online Application Form Begins from||March 25, 2018||TS PGLCET Application ends on April 25, 2018|
|Last date for submission and Registration of online application form with late fee of INR 500||May 2, 2018||-|
|Last date for submission and Registration of online application form with late fee of INR 1,000||May 9, 2018||-|
|Last date for submission and Registration of online application form with late fee of INR 2,000||May 16, 2018||-|
|Last date for submission and Registration of online application form with late fee of INR 4,000||May 23, 2018||-|
|Correction of online application data||May 17 – 20, 2018||-|
|Availability of TS PGLCET Admit Card||May 22, 2018||Download TS PGLCET Admit Card from lawcet.tsche.ac.in|
|TS PGLCET 2018 Exam Date||May 25, 2018||Exam duration will be 90 minutes|
|Declaration of Preliminary Key||May 28, 2018||-|
|Last Date for Receiving of objections on Preliminary Key||May 29, 2018||-|
|Result Declaration||June 10, 2018||Check TS PGLCET Result online at lawcet.tsche.ac.in|
TS PGLCET 2018 Eligibility
Before applying for TS PGLCET 2018 Exam, all candidates must be aware of the TS PGLCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria set by the conducting body. It is compulsory for all the candidate to meet the eligibility criteria to apply for the application form.
After clearing the eligibility criteria applicant can apply for the application form. Here are the Eligibility Criteria of TS PGLCET 2018:
- Candidate must be the citizen of India.
- Candidate should either belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh or Telangana.
- They must satisfy the local/non-local status requirements as set by the educational institutions of Telangana.
- Foreign and NRI candidates have to satisfy the rules of the University in which he/she want to take admission.
- For LL.M. Course(Regular):
- Candidate must possess LL.B/B.L (3/5 year) degree.
- Candidates appearing the final year examination of graduation can also apply.
- Candidate must have at least 50% marks at the graduation level (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- For LL.M. Course(Private):
- Candidate must have obtained minimum experience of at least 3-years as the judicial officer or 3-years for standing as an advocate on the appearing date of TS PGLCET 2018 exam.
TS PGLCET 2018 Application Form
The application process for TS PGLCET 2018 will start in the month of February 2018. TS PGLCET 2018 Exam Date is tentatively in the third week of May 2018 in offline mode, at different exam centers across the state of Telangana.
TS PGLCET 2018 Registration can be done through online mode only. Candidates need to have a working mobile number and an email ID. All future communication will be done using them only.
Applicants are advised to take a printout of their completed application right after they have completed the application process.
The procedure for TS PGLCET 2018 Application Form is as follows:
Step 1: Payment
- TS PGLCET 2018 application form fee has to be paid in advance through online mode only.
- After the fee has been submitted and the acknowledgment received, the candidates will have an option of filling the application form by mentioning their personal and educational details.
- The application fee of TS PGLCET 2018 can be paid through TS/AP Online Centers/Citizen Service Centers, e-Seva Centers in Telangana State & Andhra Pradesh or through payment gateway (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking).
- Candidates will receive a system generated Transaction ID after successful submission of the application fee.
Step 2: Registration and Form Filling
- Go to the official website of TS PGLCET 2018
- Candidates need to enter: Payment Reference ID, Transaction ID and Last Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket Number, to start the form filling process
- Read all instructions to fill online application form.
- Enter the registration details i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and email address
- Fill the application form with your Personal Details like Address, Nationality, Academic qualifications, income category, Choice of examination center, Course applied, etc.
- The candidate will be required to upload his/her recent color photograph and Signature.
- Review the details in the entire form, make changes, if necessary and Click on Submit button.
NOTE: The photograph and signature should be in the jpg/jpeg format. The photograph should be less than 30 KB and signature should be less than 15 KB in size.
TS PGLCET 2018 Application Fee
TS PGLCET 2018 Application fee is mentioned below:
- For SC/ST Candidates: INR500
- For Other Candidates: INR600
TS PGLCET 2018 Admit Card
Candidates will have to download their TS PGLCET 2018 Hall Ticket from the official website in the last week of April 2018. Hall Ticket will not be sent to candidates through post/email.
TS PGLCET 2018 will be conducted on the third week of May 2018. The exam conducting body will issue the hall ticket only for those aspirants who will successfully submit the online application form.
To download the Hall Ticket, candidates need to enter application number and date of birth.
Steps to download the Hall Ticket are given below:-
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link referred as TS PGLCET 2018 Hall Ticket.
- Enter your login details, Application Number, and date of birth.
- Login and download the Hall Ticket for examination.
- Print the Hall Ticket on A4 sheet.
Candidate should take a printout of their Hall Ticket and keep with them during the examination along with the photo identity card as identity proof, so they won’t face any problem while giving the exam. Candidates are also advised to retain his/her Hall Ticket for till the admission process is over.
TS PGLCET 2018 Exam Centers
TS PGLCET 2018 Entrance exam will be held tentatively in the following three cities:
- Nizamabad, and
TS PGLCET 2018 Exam Pattern
TS PGLCET 2018 Entrance Test will be Pen and paper based test. The examination paper will cover Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Public International Law, Mercantile Law, Labour Law, Crimes and Torts, IPR and Other Laws.
The question paper will contain total 120 questions of the objective type with four options and the total time duration is 90 minutes. Each question carries one mark and no mark will be deducted for the wrong answer. Complete details about TS PGLCET exam pattern 2018 is mentioned below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Questions|
|Part B||Public International Law||16||80|
|Crimes and Torts||16|
|IPR and Other Laws||16|
OMR Answer sheets will be given to the candidates to mark the correct response. It is mandatory for the aspirants to use ballpoint pen only, for all the entries in the OMR Answer sheet including the filling of bubbles. If there is more than one answer bubbled against a question, it will be considered as an incorrect answer.
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||120 MCQs|
|Duration of Exam||90 Minutes|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No Negative marking|
TS PGLCET 2018 Syllabus
TS PGLCET paper will cover Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Public International Law, Mercantile Law, Labour Law, Crimes and Torts, IPR and Other Laws
Students are advised to prepare according to the above mentioned topics.
Aspirants can also practice the previous year’s question papers to get an idea about the kind of questions asked. Candidates must practice all topics to get a grip of all the topics.
|JURISPRUDENCE||Schools of Jurisprudence|
|Sources of Law|
|Custom Precedent and Legislation,|
|Rights and duties|
|Ownership and Possession|
|CONSTITUTIONAL LAW||Fundamental Rights|
|Directive Principles of State Policy|
|Executive Judiciary and Legislature|
|Amendments to the constitution.|
|Public International Law||International law and Municipal Law|
|Sea and Outer Space|
|Nationality and Statelessness|
|Mercantile Law||General principles of contract (sections 1-75,Indian contract ACT-1872)|
|Labour Law||Trade Union Act 1926|
|Industrial Disputes ACT 1947|
|Crimes & Torts||India Penal Code|
|General Principle and General Exceptions|
|General Principles of Tort|
|State Liability for torts|
|Consumer Protection Act 1986|
|IPR and Other Laws||Copyright Act 1957|
|Patents Act 1970|
|Environmental Protection ACT ,1986|
|The protection of human rights ACT, 1993|
|Salient features of Information Technology Act , 2000|
|Right to information Act 2005.|
TS PGLCET 2018 Result
Results of TS PGLCET 2018 will be announced in the second week of June 2018. TS PGLCET 2018 result will be declared through online mode only.
Candidates, who will pass the examination will be called for TS PGLCET 2018 counselling process. The result will contain the name, application number/roll number of the candidates selected for further rounds of the admission process.
How to Check TS PGLCET 2018 Results:
- Visit the official website of TS PGLCET
- Click on the link for ‘TS PGLCET 2018 Results’
- Enter the Roll number and Date of Birth
- Check the details on the TS PGLCET 2018 Results
- Download and take printout of TS PGLCET 2018 Results
TS PGLCET 2018 Answer Key
The exam conducting authority will publish two Answer Keys i.e. the preliminary and final answer key of TS PGLCET 2018 on its official portal. The preliminary answer key will be released three days after the conclusion of written exam, candidates will be able to calculate their marks before the result announcement.
Candidates can also submit their objection on primary answer key if any, to the office of the Convener, TS PGLCET-2017 through email/Speed or Registered Post or in person within six days after publication of the preliminary answer key. Final answer key will be published along with TS PGLCET 2018 Results.
TS PGLCET 2018 Cut off
TS PGLCET Cut off is the minimum score required to secure admission in LL.M program offered by the Kakatiya University & affiliated colleges situated in the state of Telangana.
TS PGLCET cut off will depend on a lot of factors such as:
- The number of applicants,
- The number of seats available,
- Previous year cut off marks and the difficulty levels of the entrance test.
TS PGLCET 2018 cut off will be prepared few days after the declaration of TS PGLCET 2018 Results based on the candidates’ performance in the written test.
Candidates have to score minimum 25% marks in the entrance test (no minimum marks in case of SC/ST candidates) to qualify for the counselling rounds.
TS PGLCET 2018 Merit List
Kakatiya University, Warangal, will publish separate merit list for regular and private LL.M Programs based on the candidates’ performance in the entrance test. Only those students who will score more than the cutoff marks will be considered as the qualified candidates and will be considered in the Merit List for TS PGLCET 2018Counselling.
Ranking of the merit list will be in the descending order of total marks scored in the entrance exam. Separate Reserved category list will also be prepared. Based on candidate’s performance, they will be called for Counselling procedure
TS PGLCET 2018 Counselling
TS PGLCET 2018 Counselling will begin few weeks after the declaration of results. Only those candidates who will be shortlisted in the TS PGLCET 2018 Merit List will be eligible for the counselling process. Candidates will have to check the official website regularly to get an idea about schedule and Merit list for TS PGLCET 2018.
TS PGLCET 2018 Counselling process will involve document verification and the final seat allotment. Seat Allotment will take place basis the ranks acquired by the candidates in the merit list and the availability of the seats. A counselling fee has to be paid by the candidates at the time of attending the counselling. The fee varies for different categories as follows:
- For OC/BC Category – INR 800
- For SC/ST Category – INR 600
Counselling and Seat Allotment will be done in the sequential order based on TS PGLCET 2018 Rank of the candidate, therefore, candidates are advised to appear for counselling on the specified date and time allotted to them. Date and time of the counselling cannot be changed under any circumstances.
All the certificates and documents of the candidate will be verified at the counselling centre on the stipulated date. The candidate should appear for Counselling procedure himself/herself with all the necessary documents. No other person will be allowed to appear for the counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates shortlisted for the counselling rounds need to carry the following documents in original as well as two sets of photocopies.
- TS PGLCET 2018 Hall Ticket
- TS PGLCET 2018 Result printout
- Mark-sheets or passing certificate of their Bachelor’s degree
- Mark-sheet of Intermediate
- Mark-sheet of SSC or equivalent
- Income certificate not older than the one issued on January 1, 2017.
- Caste certificate issued by an authorized competent authority.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College