Table of Contents
TS PGLCET 2020 Exam Date(Announced), Application Form(Extended), Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
Telangana State Council of Higher Education has announced TS PGLCET 2020 dates. The exams will be conducted on July 10, 2020. Previously it was scheduled for May 27, 2020. Candidates who have not applied for the exam yet can do so as the registration window has also been further extended till June 10, 2020. The steps have been taken as precautionary measures keeping in mind the ongoing health crisis in the nation.
TS PGLCET is a gateway to LLM programs offered by the colleges in the state of Telangana. Candidates willing to apply for the exam must have obtained an LLB or equivalent degree with 50% marks.
- As per TS PGLCET 2020 Exam Pattern, it will be an offline test of 90 minutes duration having 120 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each. There will be no negative marking applicable in Telangana State Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test 2020.
- TS PGLCET 2020 Syllabus includes Jurisprudence, Constitutional law, Public International law, Mercantile law, Crime and Torts, Labour laws, IPR and other laws.
- Candidates clearing the cutoff will have to participate in the counselling to get admission in the desired college.
TSCHE provides the facility of form correction for the candidate on the basis of two categories. For Category 1 (details that cannot be corrected) candidates have to request the authorities by sending supporting documents and application form. Category 2 (details that can be corrected) form correction will be open soon after the closure of registration.
TS PGLCET 2020 Highlights
|Name of Exam|
Telangana State Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test
|Date of Exam||July 10, 2020|
|Conducting Body||Telangana State Council of Higher Education(TSCHE)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Eligibility||LLB with 50% marks|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English only|
TS PGLCET 2020 Exam Dates
TS PGLCET 2020 Important Dates
Here, we are providing the official TS PGLCET Exam Dates:
|Last date of submitting application form without late fee||June 10, 2020(Extended)|
|Last date of submitting the application form with late fee Rs 500||To be announced|
|Last date of submitting the application form with late fee Rs 1000||To be announced|
|Last date of submitting the application form with late fee Rs 2000||To be announced|
|Application correction window||To be announced|
|Availability of TS PGLCET 2020 Hall Tickets||To be announced|
|TS PGLCET 2020 exam date||July 10, 2020|
Eligibility for TS PGLCET
TS PGLCET 2020 Eligibility
Before applying for TS PGLCET 2020 exam, all candidates must be aware of the Eligibility Criteria set by the conducting body. It is compulsory for all the candidates to meet the eligibility criteria to apply for the application form.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should either belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh or Telangana.
- They must satisfy the local/non-local status requirements as set by the educational institutions of Telangana.
- Foreign and NRI candidates have to satisfy the rules of the University in which he/she want to take admission.
- For LL.M. Course(Regular):
- Candidate must possess LL.B/B.L (3/5 year) degree.
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of graduation can also apply.
- Candidate must have at least 50% marks at the graduation level (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- For LL.M. Course(Private):
- Candidate must have obtained minimum experience of at least 3-years as the judicial officer or 3-years for standing as an advocate on the appearing date of TS PGLCET 2020 exam.
Documents Required for TS PGLCET Registration
|Document Required||Document to be Refferred|
TS/ AP Online transaction ID
Credit Card or Net Banking Details
|Reciept from TS or AP Online Center/ Credit Card or NET Banking|
|Qualifying Examination Documents||Marks Sheet/ Hall Ticket Number|
|Stream Applied for Test||Eligibility Criteria|
|Date of Birth||Birth Certificate or Equivalent Certificate|
|Local Status||Certificate issued by MRO or Competent Authority|
|Hall Ticket Number of SSC||SSC or Equivalent Certificate|
|Family Income||Income Certificate issued by MRO/ Competent Authority|
|Category/ Special Category Certificate||Certificate issued by Competent Authority|
|Aadhar Card Details||Valid Aadhar Card Number|
Application Process of TS PGLCET
TS PGLCET 2020 Application Form
The application process for TS PGLCET 2020 has begun from March 6, 2020. Exam will be held in offline mode at different exam centers across the state of Telangana.
TS PGLCET 2020 Registration can be done through online mode only. Candidates need to have a working mobile number and an email ID. All future communication will be done using them only. Applicants are advised to take a printout of their completed application right after they have completed the application process. The procedure for TS PGLCET 2020 Application Form is as follows:
Step 1: Pay TS PGLCET 2020 Application Fee
- TS PGLCET 2020 application form fee has to be paid in advance through online mode only.
- After the fee has been submitted and the acknowledgment received, the candidates will have an option of filling the application form by mentioning their personal and educational details.
- The application fee of TS PGLCET 2020 can be paid through TS/AP Online Centers/Citizen Service Centers, e-Seva Centers in Telangana State & Andhra Pradesh or through payment gateway (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking).
- Candidates will receive a system-generated Transaction ID after the successful submission of the application fee.
|Unreserved/ General Category||INR 1000/-|
Step 2: Check Payment Status
Once Registration fee payment is successfully completed, applicants can check their payment status by clicking on payment status tab. Qualifying examination hall ticket number, mobile number should be used to know the updated status. Once confirmed proceed further to fill the application form.
Step 3: Register and Fill TS PGLCET 2020 Application Form
- Go to the official website anc click on “ Proceed to fill Application Form” tab and enter mandatory details.
- Candidates need to enter: Payment Reference ID, Transaction ID and Last Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket Number, to start the form filling process
- Read all instructions to fill online application form.
- Enter the registration details i.e. Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and email address
- Fill the application form with your Personal Details like Address, Nationality, Academic qualifications, income category, Choice of examination center, Course applied, etc.
- The candidate will be required to upload his/her recent color photograph and Signature.
- Review the details in the entire form, make changes, if necessary and Click on Submit button.
Photograph and Signature Specifications
|Size||Less than 30 Kb||Less than 15 Kb|
|Background||Light Coloured, Preferably White||On a White Paper|
System Requirements to fill TS PGLCET Application Form
In order to ease the process of form filling and better viewing of official website lawcet.tsche.ac.in, candidates should use prefer following computer system:
- Browser: Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and above/ Internet Explorer 6.0 and above
- Screen Resolution: 600 x 800
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 and above
- Disable pop up blocks and uninstall the script blockers
TS PGLCET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their TS PGLCET 2020 Hall Ticket from the official website once released. Hall Ticket will not be sent to candidates through post/email. The exam conducting body issues the hall ticket only for those aspirants who will successfully submit the online application form.
To download the Hall Ticket, candidates need to enter the application number and date of birth. Steps to download the Hall Ticket are given below:-
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link referred to as TS PGLCET 2020 Hall Ticket.
- Enter your login details, Application Number, and date of birth.
- Login and download the Hall Ticket for examination.
- Print the Hall Ticket on A4 sheet.
TS PGLCET Admit Card Window:
Candidate should take a printout of their Hall Ticket and keep with them during the examination along with the photo identity card as identity proof, so they won’t face any problem while giving the exam. Candidates are also advised to retain his/her Hall Ticket for till the admission process is over.
TS PGLCET 2020 Exam Centers
- While filling the Application Form, regional centers will be displayed on the screen untill the center has reached its maximum capacity.
- Hyderabad is divided into zones to ease the candidateschoose their nearest centers.
- There is no provision to change the exam centers once chosen, hence applicants have to careful while filling their choices.
- Final discretion to allot exam centers or modify them is in the hands of the exam convening body.
|Regional Centers in Telangana|
|Hyderabad West||Hyderabad North|
|Hyderabad Central||Hyderabad East|
|Hyderabad South East||Karimnagar|
Exam Pattern & Syllabus
TS PGLCET 2020 Exam Pattern
TS PGLCET 2020 Entrance Test wil be conducted in online Computer based mode. The examination paper covers Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Public International Law, Mercantile Law, Labour Law, Crimes and Torts, IPR and Other Laws.
The question paper contains total of 120 questions of the objective type with four options and the total time duration is 90 minutes. Each question carries one mark and no mark will be deducted for the wrong answer. Complete details about TS PGLCET 2020 Exam Pattern is mentioned below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Questions|
|Part B||Public International Law||16||80|
|Crimes and Torts||16|
|IPR and Other Laws||16|
OMR Answer sheets will be given to the candidates to mark the correct response. It is mandatory for the aspirants to use ballpoint pen only, for all the entries in the OMR Answer sheet including the filling of bubbles. If there is more than one answer bubbled against a question, it will be considered as an incorrect answer.
TS PGLCET 2020 Syllabus
TS PGLCET 2020 Exam will cover Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Public International Law, Mercantile Law, Labour Law, Crimes and Torts, IPR and Other Laws. Aspirants can also practice the previous year’s question papers to get an idea about the kind of questions asked. Candidates must practice all topics to get a grip on all the topics.
Syllabus Part A
|JURISPRUDENCE||Schools of Jurisprudence|
|Sources of Law|
|Custom Precedent and Legislation,|
|Rights and duties|
|Ownership and Possession|
|CONSTITUTIONAL LAW||Fundamental Rights|
|Directive Principles of State Policy|
|Executive Judiciary and Legislature|
|Amendments to the constitution.|
Syllabus for Part B
|Public International Law||International law and Municipal Law|
|Sea and Outer Space|
|Nationality and Statelessness|
|Mercantile Law||General principles of contract (sections 1-75,Indian contract ACT-1872)|
|Labour Law||Trade Union Act 1926|
|Industrial Disputes ACT 1947|
|Criminal Law & Torts||India Penal Code|
|General Principle and General Exceptions|
|General Principles of Tort|
|State Liability for torts|
|Consumer Protection Act 1986|
|IPR and Other Laws||Copyright Act 1957|
|Patents Act 1970|
|Environmental Protection ACT ,1986|
|The protection of human rights ACT, 1993|
|Salient features of Information Technology Act , 2000|
|Right to information Act 2005.|
Result/ Rank Card Release
TS PGLCET 2020 Result
Results of TS PGLCET 2020 will be announced in the last week of July 2020 in online mode only. Candidates, who will pass the examination will be called for counselling process. The result will contain the name, application number/roll number of the candidates selected for further rounds of the admission process.
How to Check TS PGLCET 2020 Results?
- Visit the official website of TS PGLCET 2020
- Click on the link for ‘TS PGLCET 2020 Results’
- Enter the Roll number and Date of Birth
- Check the details on the TS PGLCET 2020 Results
- Download and take printout of TS PGLCET 2020 Results
TS PGLCET 2020 Answer Key
The exam conducting authority publishes two Answer Keys i.e. the preliminary and final answer key of TS PGLCET 2020 on its official portal. The preliminary answer key will be released on May 28 so that candidates will be able to calculate their marks before the result announcement.
Candidates can also submit their objection on primary answer key if any, to the office of the Convener, TS PGLCET-2020 through email/ Speed or Registered Post or in person within six days after publication of the preliminary answer key. Final answer key will be published along with TS PGLCET 2020 Results.
TS PGLCET 2020 Cut off
TS PGLCET 2020 Cutoff is the minimum score required to secure admission in LL.M program offered by the Kakatiya University & affiliated colleges situated in the state of Telangana. TS PGLCET cutoff will depend on a lot of factors such as:
- The number of applicants,
- The number of seats available,
- Previous year cutoff marks and
- The difficulty level of the entrance test.
TS PGLCET 2020 cutoff will be prepared few days after the declaration of TS PGLCET 2020 Results based on the candidates’ performance in the written test. Candidates have to score minimum 25% marks in the entrance test (no minimum marks in case of SC, ST candidates) to qualify for the counselling rounds.
TS PGLCET 2020 Merit List
Osmania University, Hyderabad will publish a separate merit list for regular and private LL.M Programs based on the candidates’ performance in the entrance test. Only those students who will score more than the cutoff marks will be considered as the qualified candidates and will be considered in the Merit List for TS PGLCET 2020 Counselling.
Ranking of the merit list will be in the descending order of total marks scored in the entrance exam. Separate Reserved category list will also be prepared. Based on candidate’s performance, they will be called for Counselling procedure
Counselling Process TS PGLCET
TS PGLCET 2020 Counselling
TS PGLCET 2020 Counselling will begin a few weeks after the declaration of results. Only those candidates who will be shortlisted in the TS PGLCET 2020 Merit List will be eligible for the counselling process. Candidates will have to check the official website regularly to get an idea about the schedule and Merit list for TS PGLCET 2020.
TS PGLCET 2020 Counselling process will involve document verification and the final seat allotment. Seat Allotment will take place basis the ranks acquired by the candidates in the merit list and the availability of the seats. A counselling fee has to be paid by the candidates at the time of attending the counselling. The fee varies for different categories as follows:
- For General Category – INR 500
- For SC/ST Category – INR 250
Counselling and Seat Allotment will be done in the sequential order based on TS PGLCET 2020 Rank of the candidate, therefore, candidates are advised to appear for counselling on the specified date and time allotted to them. The date and time of the counselling cannot be changed under any circumstances.
All the certificates and documents of the candidate will be verified at the counselling center on the stipulated date. The candidate should appear for the Counselling procedure himself/herself with all the necessary documents. No other person will be allowed to appear for the counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.
Candidates shortlisted for the counselling rounds need to carry the following documents in original as well as two sets of photocopies.
- TS PGLCET 2020 Hall Ticket
- TS PGLCET 2020 Result printout
- Mark-sheets or passing certificate of their Bachelor’s degree
- Mark-sheet of Intermediate
- Mark-sheet of SSC or equivalent
- Income certificate not older than the one issued on April 1, 2020.
- Caste certificate issued by an authorized competent authority.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College