University of Petroleum and Energy Studies will conduct ULSAT 2021 to seek admission to the candidates into various law courses, including LLB and LLM in a 5 years plan. The application process has officially started by the university from December 16, 2020. Candidates are advised to visit the university official portal and enter their credentials to fill ULSAT 2021 Application Form.
- Tentative dates for the exam as per the university schedule is in the 3rd week of May 2021.
- ULSAT 2021 will be held online or computer-based.
- The qualification of candidates will strictly be based on merit scored in the examination, on the basis of which they will proceed towards Group Discussion & Personal Interview rounds, clearing which they will be eligible for admission under the courses offered by the university itself.
- It is always advised to the candidate to check the eligibility criteria before applying for ULSAT 2021.
ULSAT 2021 Highlights
|Conducting Body||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration of exam||3 Hours|
|Type of Questions||Objective or MCQ|
|Total number of questions||200 questions|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Medium of ULSAT 2021 examination||English|
|Exam Type||University Level|
ULSAT 2021 Exam Dates
|Release of Application Form||December 16, 2020|
|Starting date of exam slot booking||3rd week of April|
|Last date to fill the Application Form||2nd week of May|
|Admit Card Availability||After successful completion of slot booking|
|ULSAT 2021 Exam Date||1. For LLB, it is 2nd to 3rd week of May. 2. For LLM. It is the 3rd week of May|
|Declaration of Result for ULSAT 2021||4th week of July|
|Group Discussion and Personal Interview Starts from||4th week of July|
|Start of the counselling process||Yet to be notified|
|Commencement of classes||Yet to be notified|
The above-mentioned dates are tentative and may be subject to change. The university will release the official dates of the exam soon after the commencement of application form process in its official website. Candidates are advised to check the official website- www.upes.ac.in for further notice.
ULSAT 2021 Application Form
UPES will conduct its University level law entrance examination to seek the candidate’s admission into various courses, including LLB, LLM and many more. Candidates have to fill the application form which is currently available in the university website. It is always important to read the form carefully and fill in the correct credentials, any error after successfully submitting the form will not be entertained as it will further led to complication in the admit card. Following are the steps to successfully fill the application form:
- Visit www.upes.ac.in.
- Go to admission and click on ULSAT 2021 Application Form.
- Complete the Registration Formalities by entering the Personal and Academic details.
- Upload scanned copies of signature and passport size photographs.
- Make online payment for the prescribed amount via Credit/Debit card or Bank Transfer.
- Payment Acknowledgement will be generated showing payment confirmation detail.
- Candidates should print the application form for future preferences.
Note: In case of demand draft, it should be made in favour of “UPES Fee Account” payable at New Delhi or Dehradun.
Fee Payable for ULSAT 2021:
Candidates need to pay an application fee of INR 1350 to successfully complete the registration process.
ULSAT 2021 Eligibility
University of Petroleum and Energy studies has defined the minimum eligibility criteria for the candidates to apply for ULSAT 2021. On the basis of the certain aspect mentioned below, the criteria is given utmost importance for the students to follow and apply for courses, LLB, LLM for admission under the university.
For LLB course:
- The candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam scoring a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidate should seek a minimum of 50% marks in their class 10th exam.
- The candidates should be born on or after 1st October 1999 in order to be eligible.
For LLM course:
- A pass in class 10th and 12th exam with at least 50% aggregate marks is required.
- Candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university concerned, so to apply for ULSAT 2021.
ULSAT 2021 Admit Card
The candidate after the successful completion of the registration process will be able to download the ULSAT 2021 Admit Card from the university official website. The candidates should check the details on the ULSAT 2021 admit card and if any error is concerned, they should immediately inform the university authority mentioning the issue. The tentative date for the Issuance of Admit Card is scheduled to be after the booking of the slot which is in 3rd week of April respectively.
Candidate should follow the above steps to download the ULSAT 2021 Admit Card:
- Visit official website of university i.e. www.upes.ac.in
- Go to ULSAT 2021
- Look for ULSAT 2021 Admit Card and Click on it
- A new login form will open
- Fill Application Number and Date of Birth
- Click on Submit
Admit Card will be displayed on your computer screen, save it and take a printed copy for future reference.
Note: The candidate needs to carry valid id proof along with the admit card, which will serve to authenticate the identity of the concerned candidate in the exam hall.
ULSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
|Type of Questions||Objective type questions or MCQ|
|Total Number of Questions||200 Questions are asked|
|Time Duration||3 hours|
|Marking Scheme||+1 will be awarded for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||There is no negative marking|
Subject wise Exam Pattern for LLB
|Topics||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||40||40|
|Logical Reasoning Legal||40||40|
Subject wise exam pattern for LLM
|Topics||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Other Law Subjects||50||50|
ULSAT 2021 Results
University will announce ULSAT 2021 Results in the 4th week of July to secure candidates’ admission into various law courses offered by the university itself. Results will be available in the online mode. Candidate needs to login in with their registered email id and password to check the results. It will consist of the score and rank of the student concerned.
On the basis of the score, the university will publish the merit list consisting of the names of the qualified candidates who will be eligible for Group discussion and personal interview conducted by the university. Tentative dates are scheduled to be the 4th week of July respectively.
Following are the steps to be adhered by the candidate to check the results:
- Go to the official website of UPES
- Look for Admission or On Home Page
- Click on ULSAT 2021 Result
- A new window will appear
- Login with Application Number/Roll Number and Date of Birth
- Score Card will appear on the screen and download it.
ULSAT 2021 Counselling Procedure
Candidates scoring high in the exam will be given the preference over others. Exam authorities will conduct counselling in 2 sessions and admission process.
- Shortlisted candidates need to report the decided counselling centers.
- Admission will only be finalized if candidates report to the counselling center, admission process and document verification.
- Candidates must deposit the admission fee which is the final step of the admission to confirm the seat.
Documents Required During Counselling
- Filled in the Admission form
- Scorecard and Admit Card of ULSAT 2021
- Mark sheets and pass certificate of H.S.C / S.S.C. / Equivalent from the Board of Secondary Education / CBSE / ICSE as the case may be.
- Consent of Parents / Legal Guardian for admission in the prescribed format
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- Migration Certificate from the University / Board of last attended if required
- Medical Fitness Certificate in prescribed Format
- Identity Proof i.e. Aadhaar Card / Passport / Voter ID / or School ID issued by competent authority
- If due to any chance a candidate does not appear for the counselling, the admission will be cancelled, and the seat will be provided to the next best candidate.
ULSAT 2021 FAQs
Ques. Will ULSAT 2021 be held offline or online?
Ans. ULSAT 2021 will be conducted online or computer-based.
Ques. What is the application fee that the candidate has to submit for ULSAT 2021?
Ans. Candidates need to submit application fee of INR 1350 to complete the application procedure.
Ques. What is the ULSAT 2021 Exam Pattern?
Ans. The exam pattern is given below:
- MCQ questions will be asked.
- 180 minutes will be provided to answer each question
- 200 questions will be asked in ULSAT 2021.
- +1 will be awarded for every correct answer.
- No negative marking will be given to the candidate.
- The medium of examination will be English.
Ques. How many exam centers can I choose during the application form process?
Ans. Candidates will be able to choose 3 preferred exam centers of their choice.
Ques. In case of any error in the ULSAT 2021 admit card, whom should I report?
Ans. Candidates in case of any discrepancy in the admit card are advised to inform the University Authority informing the issue.
Ques. Is there any exemption from appearing in the ULSAT 2021 exam?
Ans. Yes, the candidates can apply for the LLB programs of this university on the basis of CLAT Merit, LSAT India Merit or Board Merit. Such candidates will be invited directly for group discussion and interview. The candidates must satisfy the following conditions to be eligible:
CLAT/ LSAT India Merit: Candidates should have passed class 10th and 12th exam with minimum 50% marks and should also have CLAT AIR up to 15000 or LSAT India Percentile of 60 or above.
Board Merit: Candidates with a minimum of 80% marks in class 10th & 12th with English as one of the compulsory subjects are exempted from ULSAT.
Ques. What are the different specializations for LLB and LLM courses?
Ans. The candidates can take admission into the following specializations in LLB and LLM courses:
- BA LLB (Hons.) with specialization in Energy Law/ Criminal Law/ Labor Law/ Constitution Law
- BBA LLB (Hons.) with specialization in Corporate Law/ International Trade and Investment Law/ Banking, Finance and Insurance Law
- Com LLB (Hons.) with specialization in Taxation Law/ Media and Entertainment Law/ Legal Compliance and Secretarial Practices
- Sc LLB (Hons.) with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights/ Food, Health and Environment Law/ Medical and Forensic Law
- Tech (Hons.) Computer Science and Engineering with LLB in Cyber Law/ IPR
- LLM with specialization in Energy Law/ Business Law/ International Economic Law/ Law and Technology
Ques. I have forgotten my password. Can I retrieve it back?
Ans. You can use the link ‘Forgot Password’ to create a new password available on candidate’s login page. You will require Application Number, date of birth and email ID to create a new password.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.