VITMEE 2021 Exam has been cancelled by the exam conducting authorities due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates must note that now the admission to MCA and M.Tech courses at Vellore Institute of Science and Technology will be based on their performance in the bachelor's degree. Successfully registered candidates will be informed about the further process in detail via email.
VITMEE registration portal opened on March 3, 2021, and candidates could apply till June 14, 2021. VITMEE is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Vellore Institute of Science and Technology. VITMEE exam is a gateway to admission into various Postgraduate Courses such as M.Tech, MCA, and other Integrated PhD at VIT’s Chennai and Vellore.
VITMEE 2021 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Vellore Institute of Science and Technology|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|VITMEE Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||Objective or MCQ|
|Total number of questions||100 questions|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Medium of VITMEE 2021 examination||English|
|Exam Type||University Level|
|Courses Offered||MCA, M.Tech, Integrated Ph.D.|
VITMEE 2021 Exam Dates (Cancelled)
|Starting of online application form submission|| |
March 3, 2021
|Last date of submission of online application form||June 14, 2021|
|Slot booking||To Be Announced|
|Release of Admit Card||To Be Announced|
|Date of Examination||To Be Announced|
|Declaration of Results||To Be Announced|
|Merit list||To Be Announced|
|Beginning of Counselling process||To Be Announced|
|Seat allotment||To Be Announced|
|Last date of payment of advance fee||To Be Announced|
|Last date of payment of balance fee||To Be Announced|
|Start of orientation program||To Be Announced|
VITMEE 2021 Counselling Process
Qualified candidates will be called for VITMEE 2021Counselling Procedure based on their performance in the undergraduate courses as the exam has been cancelled. Further details will be notified by the concerned authorities soon on the official website. It is scheduled to be conducted on the campus. It is mandatory for the candidate to visit the campus for a further round. Candidates will have to download a call letter from the website at the time of counselling.
Note: Attendance during counselling process will not assure admission since the seat allotment is based on the merit list and there is a possibility that some of the candidates may not get admission if the seats are filled before their rank/ turn comes
Documents required for VITMEE 2021 Counselling
The following documents must be produced in original for verification while reporting for counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the interview without these documents:
- VITMEE 2021 Application Form
- Class X and XII Std. Marks sheet
- Mark Sheets of all semesters/ years of the qualifying examination up to the pre-final/ final year as applicable
- Qualifying degree / Provisional Certificate (If already received)
- Transfer/Migration/College Leaving Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied (If already received)
- Service Certificate/ No Objection Certificate issued by the Employer. (For sponsored candidates for M.Tech)
- Community/Category Certificate (only for SC/ST categories).
- DEMAND DRAFT for INR 11,800, drawn in favor of “Vellore Institute of Technology”, payable at Vellore
- Only after verification of these documents, the candidate will be allowed to participate in the counselling. The seat and campus for a program once allotted is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
VITMEE 2021 Cut Off
Cut off is the minimum % of marks that the student requires to qualify for VITMEE 2021. The admission and overall qualification of the candidate will be strictly based on Merit List. VITMEE cut off is different for different streams. It is strictly based on the following parameters:
- Number of candidates applying for the exam
- The difficulty level of the examination
- Number of vacant seats
VITMEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Vellore Institute of Science and Technology has defined a specific criterion for its students, who want to secure admission in various PG courses, MCA, M.Tech & many more. Applicants should have graduated (full-time degree from any recognized University/Institute) with a minimum of 60% or 1st class for MCA and M.Tech degree programmes. Final year (final semester) candidates are also eligible to apply. They must have completed their final semester/year exams before the selection interview at VIT.
- The candidates should carefully check the VITMEE 2021 eligibility criteria before applying for the application procedure.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India and have graduated from institutions located in India.
- Foreign and NRI/PIO applications are to be made separately. These candidates can visit International Relations Tab at VIT official website- www.vit.ac.in
On the Basis of Academic Qualification
- Candidates applying for M.Tech must have passed B.Tech/BE or equivalent degree from recognized University with 60% or first class in the qualifying examination.
- Similarly for the candidates applying for MCA, must possess a recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) with Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level or at the graduate level or should have obtained at least 60% or First class at the qualifying examination.
- Placement Requirements: Industries offering Placement at VIT have stipulated a minimum of 60% Marks for candidates in their UG programs and in classes X and XII.
- Candidates having a maximum of 2 years of an academic gap are also eligible to apply for VITMEE 2021.
- Candidates who have appeared for GATE will also be eligible to apply for VITMEE 2021.
Check the detailed VITMEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
VITMEE 2021 Application Form
Candidates should fill in the application form before the due date. It is advised to read the form carefully and fill in the required credentials, as any error in the VITMEE 2021 Application Form will lead to compilation during the admit card process.
Following are the important details that the candidate should keep in mind before filling the application form:
- VITMEE 2021 application form will be available in the university website online.
- Candidates need to login in with their registered email id and password concerned.
- Fill in the form the necessary academic and personal information accordingly by reading each bit carefully.
- Candidates need to upload passport size photographs and scanned signatures.
- Keep in mind to choose the most convenient exam centre in the application form.
- Aspirants need to pay the application fee once the form is submitted. Various payment options are available such as Credit/Debit card or via Bank Transfer.
- Print the form for future preferences.
VITMEE 2021 Registration Fee
- The application form will not be considered valid unless the application fee is paid.
- The application fee for all the candidates will be INR 1200.
- Candidates can choose their desired payment method for payment of the fees concerned, i.e. Credit/Debit Card or Online Banking.
VITMEE 2021 Registration Dates
|Programmes||Application Deadline||Application fee|
|MBA (Master of Business Administration)||April 14 2021||INR 1200|
|M.Tech / MCA||May 14 2021||INR 1200|
|Master of Industrial Design||May 14 2021||INR 1200|
|M.Sc. (2 Year)||May 21 2021||INR 600|
|Integrated M.Tech Programmes (5 Year)||June 30 2021||INR 600|
|Integrated M.Sc. Programmes (5 Year)||June 30 2021||INR 600|
|Research - July Session (VIT-AP Campus)||May 14 2021||INR 1200|
VITMEE 2021 Exam Pattern
|Type of Questions||Objective type questions or MCQ|
|Total Number of Questions||100 questions are asked|
|Time Duration||2 hours|
|Marking Scheme||+1 will be awarded for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||There is no negative marking|
Candidates are highly advised to be familiar with the VITMEE 2021 Exam Pattern. It will help them to understand the marking scheme, the structural division of question’s, strategizing & conceptualizing each concept accordingly to score well in the examination.
VITMEE 2021 Syllabus
|1||Grammar- Subject wise Agreement, Tense Forms, Voices, Articles and Prepositions, Use of Conjunctions|
|2||Writing Technical Instructions|
|3||Writing Memos and Writing Minutes|
VITMEE 2021 question paper will be held for 15 subjects concerned for candidates to secure admission to MCA, M.Tech courses at VIT Chennai & Vellore respectively. The above-mentioned table symbolizes that 80% of the questions are technical based & 20% is regarding English Communication.
Check the detailed VITMEE 2021 Syllabus
VITMEE 2021 Preparation Tips
The following tips & tricks will be helpful for candidates while preparing for VITMEE 2021 examination:
- Make a proper time table & strictly follow it.
- Go through the complete syllabus & exam pattern.
- Solve previous year question & sample paper.
- Keep at least last one week for revision.
- VITMEE 2021 Admit card
VITMEE 2021 Admit Card
After successful completion of application procedure, the candidates will be able to download the VITMEE 2021 Admit Card from the university official website- www.vit.ac.in. Tentative dates for the issuance of admit cards are scheduled by the university in the 4th week of May respectively. Candidates are advised to check the university website for further updates.
Its important to carry the particular admit card by the candidate to the exam centre because it authenticates the identity of the candidate. Failing which will lead to cancellation of the paper. Candidate need to follow the certain steps to download the VITMEE 2021 admit Card:
Step 1: Visit the VITMEE 2021 official website.
Step 2: After visiting the website, click on the tab for “VITMEE 2021 admit card download”.
Step 3: Enter the Registration Number and Date of Birth.
Step 4: After filling the details, click on the ‘submit’ tab.
Step 5: The online VITMEE 2021 admit card will appear on the screen.
Step 6: Download and print copies of the same for future preferences.
The admit card will consist of the candidate's name, roll number, exam center, date, timing & important instructions accordingly.
VITMEE 2021 Results
Vellore Institute of Science and Technology will release VITMEE 2021 Results on the 2nd week of June respectively. Results will be available in the online mode. Candidate needs to login in with their registered email id and password to check the results. It will consist of the score and rank of the student concerned.
On the basis of the score, the university will publish the merit list consisting of the names of the qualified candidates for the further rounds of interview. Merit list will be made available to download online in the 2nd week of June.
VITMEE 2021 FAQs
Ques. I have 50% marks in my B.Tech, can I apply for VITMEE 2021?
Ans. No, candidates need to have a minimum of 60% in their B. Tech to apply for VITMEE 2021.
Ques. Do GATE merit matters for VITMEE 2021?
Ans. The candidate will be eligible to apply for VITMEE 2021 with their GATE score respectively.
Ques. What is the exam pattern for VITMEE 2021?
Ans. The exam pattern for VITMEE 2021 is as follows:
- There will be 100 objective type questions.
- Time duration is 2 hours
- The candidate will be awarded +1 for each correct answer
- There will be no negative marking in VITMEE 2021.
Ques. Will VITMEE 2021 be conducted offline or online?
Ans. VITMEE 2021 has been cancelled due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic. Usually, it is conducted by the university in online or computer-based mode.
Ques. I have forgotten my password. Can I retrieve it back?
Ans. You can use the link ‘Forgot Password’ to create a new password available on the candidate's login page. You will require Application Number, date of birth and email ID to create a new password.
Ques. What if there is an error in the VITMEE 2021 admit card?
Ans. If the student finds any error in VITMEE 2021 admit card then they should inform the university authority for further questions.
Ques. How can I download the VITMEE 2021 Admit Card?
Ans. Candidates can download the admit card from the university portal-
Ques. What is the application fee that a candidate has to pay for VITMEE 2021 application form process?
Ans. Application fee for VITMEE 2021 is the same for all candidates concerned. i.e. INR 1200
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.