NID 2019 DAT Prelims Exam, Eligibility, Application and Pattern
NID 2019 is national level entrance exam conducted by National Institute of Design for various UG and PG design courses. NID DAT Prelims exam is scheduled for January 06, 2019. The registration process is going on. Candidates can fill the application form till November 09, 2019. The exam will be of 3 hours for B.Des. & GDPD and 2 ½ hour for M.Des. with subjective and objective type questions.
|NID Application Form||NID Eligibility||NID Exam Pattern|
- Application Fee for General Category aspirants is INR 2000 of B.Des/GDPD/M.Des (1 discipline) and INR 4000 for 2 disciplines in M.Des via online and offline mode.
- Upper age limit for B.Des and GDPD program candidates is 20 years and for M.Des program candidates is 30 years.
- Candidates qualifying the Prelims round will be eligible to appear for Mains exam.
- NID will release separate admit cards for both Prelims and Mains round.
Candidates appearing for NID DAT get admission in NID Ahmedabad, NID Gujarat, NID Bangalore, NID Kurukshetra and NID Vijayawada (Diploma courses). After clearing NID DAT Prelims round, selected candidates will have to appear for Studio Test round and Personal Interview round.
NID 2019 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||NID Design Aptitude Test (NID DAT)|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Design|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Purpose||Admission to B.Des, M.Des and GDPD courses|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based exam|
|Number of Papers||2 (Prelims and Mains)|
|Mains Exam rounds||Studio Test and Interview|
NID 2019 Important Dates
NID DAT 2019 will be conducted for admission to NID campuses in India for admission to UG, PG and Diploma courses in various design fields. The table below comprises the complete schedule of NID 2019 exam:
|Availability of Online Application Form||October 01, 2018|
|Last date to fill application form||November 09, 2018|
|Last date for payment of Late Fee||November 19, 2018|
|Form Correction||November 20 to 22, 2018|
|Download Admit Cards for DAT Prelim||December 17, 2018|
|DAT Prelims Exam||January 06, 2019|
|DAT Prelims Result||For B.Des. & GDPD: March 19, 2019|
|For M.Des.: February 15, 2019|
|Download Admit Card for DAT Mains||For B.Des. & GDPD: May 01, 2019|
|For M.Des.: March 01, 2019|
|DAT Mains Exam||For B.Des. & GDPD: May 12 & 19, 2019|
|For M.Des.: March 11 to April 12, 2019|
|DAT Mains Result||For B.Des. & GDPD: May 21, 2019|
|For M.Des.: May 02, 2019|
NID 2019 Eligibility
The candidates who will to register for NID 2019 must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
Bachelor of Design
The eligibility criteria of B.Des. course is as follows:
1. Age Limit:
The candidates applying for DAT 2019 for B.Des. program must not be more than 20 years of age as on July 30, 2019. General Category candidates born on or before July 1, 1999 are not eligible to apply for NID. Reserved Category candidates born on or before July 1, 1994 are not eligible to apply for NID as well.
2. Educational Qualifications:
The candidates applying for NID DAT 2019 must have completed or will appear in the final examination of 10+2 from a recognized board (AISSE/ICSE/CBSE). The candidates with following qualifications are also eligible for the exam:
- Pass in final examination of 10+2 system conducted by a Central Board or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- The Final Examination of Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National School of Open Learning with a minimum of 5 subjects.
- Any Public School or Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
- H.S.C. Vocational Qualification
- General Certificate Examination from London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka at the Advanced Level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed 12th standard outside India whose board is not recognized by the Board of India should produce a certificate to Association of Indian University as a proof that they have passed their 12th standard.
Master of Design
1. Age Limit:
The maximum age limit is 30 years for the candidates applying for the Bachelor Programme as on July 30, 2019. General Category applicants born on or before July 1, 1989 are not eligible. Reserved Category applicants born on or before July 1, 1986 are not eligible.
2. Educational Qualification:
Applicants will have to proof that they have passed the following equivalently qualifying exams before July 6, 2016.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under the 10+2+4 system, from any university recognized by law in India.
- Diploma in Design under 10+2+4 system, from any university recognized by law of India.
Note: Applicants must have passed the Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma examinations at the time of document verification tentatively scheduled in June 2019.
NID 2019 Application Process
NID 2019 Registration is going on. Eligible candidates must fill the application before November 09, 2019. The candidates can fill the application process online by entering their mobile no., email ID, Date of birth etc. The candidates need to follow the steps given below to appear for NID 2019:
Step 1: Registration
- Register/sign up online before proceeding to fill the application form at the official website.
- Provide the valid mobile no., email ID, Date of birth etc. while registration.
- After registration, login credentials will be sent via an email to the registered email address.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
Log in to your account using id and password to proceed to application form.
- Fill all the required details.
- After fill, all the details, click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the next step to ‘Upload Document’.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload a scanned recent passport photograph as per the instructions.
- Upload your scanned signature as per the instructions.
- Upload their valid Cast Certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Candidates applying under the Persons with Disability (PwD) category are required to upload their valid Disability Certificate issued by a competent medical authority.
- Click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the next section to pay Application Fees
The details of the photograph and signatures dimension to be uploaded are mentioned below:
|Scanned Photograph||A recent photograph – JPEG Format – 50 to 100 KB|
|Candidates’ Scanned Signature||Blue/Black ball pen on white paper – JPEG Format – 50 to 100 KB|
|Certificate||JPEG Format – Les than 150 KB|
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
The application fee of NID 2019 can be submitted online or offline.
- Offline Mode: The offline payment can be done via Demand draft in favor of “All India Management Association” payable at New Delhi.
- Online Mode: The online application fees can be paid via. Credit card/ debit card.
The application fee for different courses, category-wise is as follows:
|B.Des and GDPD||M.Des (1 discipline)||M.Des (2 disciplines)|
|General||INR 2000||INR 2000||INR 4000|
|SC||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|ST||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|OBC-NCL||INR 2000||INR 2000||INR 4000|
|Gen-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|ST-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|SC-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|OBC-NCL-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|Overseas||INR 3000||INR 3000||INR 6000|
NID 2019 Application Process for Foreign Nationals
Overseas candidates can apply for NID 2019 and will have to appear for the subsequent stages of selection (Studio Test and Personal Interview) at NID Ahmedabad Campus. The candidates would need to submit following documents at the time of Registration:
- Attested copy of pages of passport of containing candidates’ details.
- For B.Des. program – The candidates need to submit attested copies of their SSC, HSC marksheets. For SSC appearing candidates, it is important to present bonafide certificate.
- For M.Des. program - The candidates need to submit attested copies of their SSC, HSC, marksheets and graduation certificate
An equivalence certificate must be obtained from Association of Indian University (AIU), New Delhi.
NID 2019 Admit Card
The candidates who have registered for the exam must carry their NID 2019 admit card to the exam center to avoid any kind of discrepancy. NID 2019 admit card will be available from December 17, 2019 on the official website of NID. Follow the steps given below to download NID 2019 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of NID - www.admissions.nid.edu.
- Click on the relevant link of NID 2019 Admit Card.
- Fill in the required details and click submit button.
- In case the candidate has forgotten their application no., click on “Click here to view your application”.
- Click on “submit” to see the application number
- The NID 2019 Admit card will be generated on the screen. Take a printout and keep it safely.
NID 2019 Exam Center
NID 2019 will be conducted at various exam centers in India. The exam will be conducted in 3 stages – DAT, Studio test and Personal Interview. Candidates will be allotted exam centers for each stage. The table below comprises the list of NID 2019 Exam centers:
NID 2019 Exam Pattern
NID Exam Pattern is set by the conducting body. The exam assesses candidates designing skills, creativity, reasoning ability and problem-solving skills. The exam has 2 section having MCQ and subjective questions respectively. The table below indicates the complete pattern of NID 2019:
|For B.Des. & GDPD||For M.Des.|
|No. of sections||2 (Section A and B)||2 (Section A and B)|
|No. of Questions|
Section A: 64 (MCQ)
|Section A: 59 (MCQ)|
|Section B: 3 (Subjective)||Section B: 3 (Subjective)|
|Duration||3 hours||2 ½ hour|
NID 2019 Result
NID Prelims exam result for B.Des. & GDPD and M.Des. will be declared on March 19, 2019 and February 19, 2019. The candidates can check their results online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official website www.results.nid.edu
- Click on the link NID 2019 Result.
- Enter roll no. and application no. and click submit.
- The result will appear on the screen
- Take the printout and keep it for further reference.
NID 2019 Cutoff
The cutoff of NID 2019 will be released after the declaration of NID Results. The candidates get admission in 4 year undergraduate or diploma courses and 2.5 years Post graduate courses in Design after clearing all the stages of the exam. The expected NID 2019 cutoff is as follows:
NID 2019 Counseling
The 2 step counseling process of NID 2019 will be conducted in the first week of June 2019. The shortlisted candidates will be able to participate in the counseling process. The 2 steps of NID Counseling are as follows:
Online Consent by Qualified candidates
The online consent is to be sent by qualified candidates from June 2019 for being eligible for the next step of counseling. Based on the online consent, the merit list will be released and uploaded regularly on the official NID website.
Online uploading of Documents
Once the candidates name has been there on the merit list, they need to upload a few documents in jpeg format for the purpose of verification. The documents required are as follows:
- 10th marksheet
- 12th marksheet
- Birth certificate
- Graduation degree for admission to M.Des.
The uploaded documents will be verified by the information mentioned in NID 2019 application form. In case of any mismatch, the admission of the candidate is liable to cancellation.
NID 2019 Reservation
NID 2019 has reservation norms for all the courses offered by National institute of Design. The category-wise division of seats for Bachelor of Design course, as per the NID Reservation Policy, is given as follows:
|Category-wise reservation of seat|
|Courses||Institute||Total no. of Seats||OBC-NCL (27%)||Scheduled Caste (15%)||Scheduled Caste (15%)|
The category-wise division of seats for M.Des. course, as per the NID Reservation Policy, is given as follows:
|Total No. of seats||OBC-NCL||Scheduled Caste||Scheduled Tribes|
|Percentage of reservation||27%||15%||7.5%|
|Disciplines with 15 seats each||4||2||1|
|Disciplines with 10 seats each||3||1||1|
Persons with Disabilities
The Persons with Disability (PwD) will be given a 3% horizontal reservation of seats from the parent category in each programme cutting across all sections i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs (Non-Creamy only) and General category.
To avail the NID 2019 reservation the candidate has to keep in mind that it will be provided to only those candidates who have 40% or more category as per the rules and guidelines issued by the Government of India.
NID 2019 Reservation for Overseas Candidates
There is a provision for 15% reservation of supernumerary seats in B. Des. and M. Des. Programmes for overseas category candidates. The candidates belonging to the NRI category (Non-Resident of India) shall be required to apply as Indian Citizens.
NID 2019 Seat Intake
The no. of seats available in each course are as follows:
|Faculty||No. of seats for B.Des. & GDPD||No. of seats for M.Des.|
|Faculty of Industrial Design||35 seats||80 Seats|
|Faculty of Communication Design||50 seats||60 Seats|
|Faculty of Textile, Apparel & Lifestyle Accessory Design||15 seats||45 Seats|
|Faculty of Information Technology-Integrated Programmes||-||60 Seats|
|Faculty of Inter-Disciplinary Design Studies||-||30 Seats|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College