Table of Contents
NID DAT 2020 M.Des Admit Card(Released), Main Exam Date, Registration, Eligibility, Result and Cutoff
NID has announced the exam date for NID DAT 2020 Main for M.Des online interaction. The exam is scheduled to commence from July 06, 2020, onwards. Details regarding the same have been sent to candidates registered e-mail id. NID DAT 2020 B.Des online interaction was held from June 26, 2020. NID has released the result for M.Des on February 21, 2020. The prelims exam result was released in the form of a merit list based on the scores secured by candidates. National Institute of Design (NID) has published the status of DAT Prelims Rechecking Results for B.Des/GDPG after May 17, 2020. NID DAT 2020 Mains Exam Admit Card for B.Des/GDPD was released on June 20, 2020.
Latest: NID DAT 2020 Main Admit Card for M.Des online interaction has been released on July 04, 2020. Download here
NID DAT 2020 is a national level entrance exam conducted by National Institute of Design for various B.Des/ GDPD and M.Des Courses. It is a gateway to get admission in prestigious NID Ahmedabad, NID Gujarat, NID Bangalore, NID Kurukshetra, and NID Vijayawada.
- National Institute of Design has scheduled the date for the online interview of M.Des 2020. Check Here
- NID DAT B.Des Main exam dates have been announced.
- NID DAT 2020 Prelims Results for B.Des Admissions 2020 has been announced on May 03, 2020.Check here
- NID DAT 2020 M.Des Mains Studio Test and Interviews have been canceled due to COVID – 19 Pandemic which was scheduled to be held from March 16 - March 26, 2020.
- NID DAT 2020 Prelims exam was conducted on December 29, 2019.
- The 3-hour long exam was conducted in pen-paper mode. Check NID Exam Pattern
- Candidates qualifying the written tests (Prelims and Mains) will be invited for the studio test and personal interviews.
Download Free NID 2020 Practice Papers Now!
NID 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||NID Design Aptitude Test (NID DAT)|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Design|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Purpose||Admission to B.Des, M.Des and GDPD courses|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper-based exam|
|Number of Papers||2 (Prelims and Mains)|
|Mains Exam rounds||Studio Test and Interview|
NID 2020 Important Dates
NID DAT 2020 will be conducted for admission to B.Des, M.Des and GDPD courses in various campuses of National Institute of Design. The table below comprises the complete schedule of NID 2020 exam:
|NID DAT (Prelims) 2020 Exam||December 29, 2019|
|NID DAT Result Date for M.Des||February 21, 2020|
|NID DAT 2020 B.Des Mains||June 20, 2020|
|NID DAT 2020 B.Des Mains/ Online interaction||June 22, 2020, Onwards|
|NID DAT 2020 M.Des Mains Online interaction|
July 06, 2020 Onwards
NID 2020 Eligibility
The candidates who want to apply for NID 2020 must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
Bachelor of Design/ GDPD
1. Age Limit:
The candidates applying for DAT 2020 for B.Des. the program must not be more than 20 years of age as on July 30, 2020.
2. Educational Qualifications:
The candidates applying for NID DAT 2020 must have completed or appeared in the final examination of 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board (AISSE/ICSE/CBSE).
Master of Design
1. Age Limit:
The maximum age limit is 30 years for the candidates applying for the Masters of Design as on July 30, 2020.
2. Educational Qualification:
Applicants will have to prove that they have passed the following qualifying exams or equivalent before July 30, 2020.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under the 10+2+4 system, from any university, recognized by law in India.
- Diploma in Design under 10+2+4 system, from any university, recognized by the law of India.
Note: Applicants must have passed the Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma examinations at the time of document verification tentatively scheduled in June 2020.
NID 2020 Application Form
The candidates can fill the application form online by entering their mobile no., email ID, Date of birth etc. The candidates need to follow the steps given below to fill NID DAT 2020 Application Form:
Step 1: Registration
- Register/sign up online before proceeding to fill the application form at the official website.
- Provide the valid mobile no., email ID, Date of birth etc. while registration.
- After registration, login credentials will be sent via an email to the registered email address.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
- Log in to your account using id and password and fill all the required details.
- After filling all the details, click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the next step to ‘Upload Document’.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload a scanned recent passport size photograph and signature as per the instructions.
- Upload your valid Caste/PwD certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the next section to pay application fees
The details of the photograph and signature dimensions to be uploaded are mentioned below:
|Scanned Photograph||A recent photograph – JPEG Format – 50 to 100 KB|
|Candidates’ Scanned Signature||Blue/Black ball pen on white paper – JPEG Format – 50 to 100 KB|
|Certificate||JPEG Format – Les than 150 KB|
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
The application fee of NID 2020 can be submitted online or offline.
- Offline Mode: The offline payment can be done via Demand draft in favour of “All India Management Association” payable at New Delhi.
- Online Mode: The online application fees can be paid via. Credit card/ debit card.
The application fee for different courses, category-wise is as follows:
|Category||B.Des and GDPD||M.Des (1 discipline)||M.Des (2 disciplines)|
|General||INR 2000||INR 2000||INR 4000|
|SC||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|ST||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|OBC-NCL||INR 2000||INR 2000||INR 4000|
|Gen-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|ST-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|SC-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|OBC-NCL-PwD||INR 1000||INR 1000||INR 2000|
|Overseas||INR 3000||INR 3000||INR 6000|
Check NID 2020 Reservation
NID 2020 Application Process for Foreign Nationals
Overseas candidates can apply for NID 2020 and will have to appear for the subsequent stages of selection (Studio Test and Personal Interview) at NID Ahmedabad Campus. The candidates would need to submit following documents at the time of registration:
- Attested copy of pages of passport of containing candidates’ details.
- For B.Des. program – The candidates need to submit attested copies of their SSC, HSC marksheets. For SSC appearing candidates, it is important to present bonafide certificate.
- For M.Des. program – The candidates need to submit attested copies of their SSC, HSC, marksheets and graduation certificate
An equivalence certificate must be obtained from Association of Indian University (AIU), New Delhi.
NID DAT 2020 Admit Card
The candidates who have registered for the exam must carry their NID 2020 Admit Card to the exam center to avoid any kind of issues. NID 2020 admit card for prelims exam is now available at the official website. Follow the steps given below to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of NID – admissions.nid.edu.
- Click on the link “NID 2020 Admit Card”.
- Fill in the required details and click submit button.
- In case the candidate has forgotten their application no., click on “Click here to view your application”.
- Click on “submit” to see the application number
- The NID 2020 Admit card will be generated on the screen. Take a printout and keep it safely.
NID 2020 Exam Center
NID 2020 is conducted at various exam centers in India. The exam is conducted in 3 stages – DAT (Design Aptitude Test), Studio test and Personal Interview. Candidates will be allotted exam centers for each stage. The table below comprises the list of NID 2020 Exam centers:
NID 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam assesses candidates designing skills, creativity, reasoning ability and problem-solving skills. The exam is conducted for three courses – B.Des, M.Des and GDPD. Each has 2 sections having MCQ and subjective questions. The table below indicates the complete pattern of NID 2020:
|NID DAT 2020||For B.Des. & GDPD||For M.Des.|
|No. of sections||2 (Section A and B)||2 (Section A and B)|
|No. of Questions|
Section A: 64 (MCQ)
|Section A: 59 (MCQ)|
|Section B: 3 (Subjective)||Section B: 3 (Subjective)|
|Duration||3 hours||2 ½ hour|
List of Colleges Accepting NID DAT 2020 Scores
NID test scores are accepted in all 7 NID campuses. Here is a list of all those NIDs
|NID Ahmedabad||NID Gandhinagar|
|NID Vijayawada||NID Bengaluru|
|NID Bhopal||NID Jorhat|
Courses offered through NID DAT 2020 Entrance Exam
NIDs offer specialisation to aspirants in BDes, GDPD and MDes courses. Candidates can secure admission to the following courses through NID DAT 2020:
|BDes Courses at NID|
|Ceramic and Glass design||Furniture and Interior Design|
|animation film design||Textile Design|
|Film and Video Communication||Graphic Design|
|Exhibition Design||Product Design|
|GDPD Courses at NID|
|Industrial Design||Communication Design|
|Textile and Apparel Design|
|MDes Courses at NID|
|Ceramic and Glass Design||Animation Film Design|
|Graphic Design||Product Design|
|Apparel Design||Textile Design|
|Furniture and Interior Design||Film and Video Communication|
|Strategic Design Management||Photography Design|
|Transportation and Automobile Design||Toy and Game Design|
|Universal Design||Interaction Design|
|Digital Game Design||Design for Rental Experience|
|Lifestyle Accessory Design||Information Design|
|New Media Design|
NID 2020 Result
NID Mains exam result for M.Des is released on the official website, while B.Des. & GDPD result will be released in May 2020. The candidates can check their results online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official website – results.nid.edu
- Click on the link NID 2020 Result.
- Enter roll no. and application no. and click submit.
- The result will appear on the screen
- Take the printout and keep it for further reference.
NID 2020 Cut Off
The cut off of NID 2020 will be released after the declaration of NID results. The candidates get admission in 4 year undergraduate or diploma courses and 2.5 years post graduate courses in design after clearing all the stages of the exam. The expected NID 2020 cutoff is as follows:
NID 2020 Counselling
The 2 step counselling process of NID 2020 will be conducted in the first week of June 2020. The shortlisted candidates will be able to participate in the counseling process. The 2 steps of counselling are as follows:
Online Consent by Qualified candidates
The online consent is to be sent by qualified candidates from June 2020 for being eligible for the next step of counselling. Based on the online consent, the merit list will be released and uploaded regularly on the official NID website.
Online uploading of Documents
Once the candidates name have been mentioned on the merit list, they need to upload a few documents in jpeg format for the purpose of verification. The documents required are as follows:
- 10th marksheet
- 12th marksheet
- Birth certificate
- Graduation degree for admission to M.Des.
The uploaded documents will be verified by the information mentioned in NID 2020 application form. In case of any mismatch, the admission of the candidate is liable to cancellation.
NID 2020 Reservation
NID 2020 has reservation norms for all the courses offered by the National Institute of Design. As per the latest notice, the newly brought EWS reservation is also applicable. The category-wise reservation of seats for all the courses as per the NID Reservation Policy is given as follows:
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27|
The Persons with Disability (PwD) will be given a 3% horizontal reservation of seats from the parent category in each programme cutting across all sections i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs (Non-Creamy only) and General category.
To avail the NID 2020 reservation the candidate has to keep in mind that it will be provided to only those candidates who have 40% or more category as per the rules and guidelines issued by the Government of India.
NID 2020 Reservation for Overseas Candidates
There is a provision for 15% reservation of supernumerary seats in B. Des. and M. Des. Programmes for overseas category candidates. The candidates belonging to the NRI category (Non-Resident of India) shall be required to apply as Indian Citizens.
NID DAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. Is there limit on number of attempts in NID DAT?
Ans. There is no limit on number of attempts provided candidates fulfill the age limit criteria.
Ques. Can a Class 12th Arts stream student, appear for NID DAT 2020?
Ans. Yes, candidates appearing/passed Higher Secondary (10+2) in any stream are eligible to apply for BDes in NID DAT 2020.
Ques. How can i prepare for NID DAT 2020?
Ans. Aspirants should prepare in a scheduled manner for NID DAT. Candidates should enhance their creativity and work on their drawing skills. Solving previous year question papers and mock test will help in time management.
Ques. What is age limit criteria to apply for NID DAT 2020?
Ans. For BDes upper age limit is 20 years on or before July 30, 2020. Relaxation of 3 years for reserved category candidates. In case of MDes upper age limit is 30 years on or before JUly 30, 2020.
Ques. What is minimum educational criteria to apply for NID DAT 2020?
Ans. Candidates appearing/passed higher secondary (10+2) from a recognised board are eligible to apply for BDes. Bachelor’s degree in 10+2+4 scheme in any discipline from a recognised institute/college is required to apply for MDes program.
Ques. What is the exam pattern of NID DAT 2020?
|Part 1||Objective type 1-22|
Ques. 1 to 14 (1 mark each)
Ques 15 to 22 (2 mark each)
|Part 2||Subjective type 23-26|
Ques. 23- 15 marks
Ques 24- 20 marks
Ques 25- 15 marks
Ques 26- 20 marks
Ques. Will NID DAT 2020 be conducted in online mode?
Ans. No, NID DAT is only conducted in offline mode as pen paper based exam. the duration of exam is of 3 hours.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College