University of Stuttgart: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The University of Stuttgart was established in 1829 and has gained its reputation to be the leading research university in Stuttgart, Germany. One of the leading technically oriented universities in Germany, the University of Stuttgart is known for its outstanding, globally recognized research-based teaching towards equality and holism. The university constitutes highly motivated employees, excellent teaching staff, researchers, and visionary thinkers. It maintains worldwide collaborations and partnerships for networking and research. The university offers around 167 bachelor and master courses composing 10 different faculties where each faculty designates a group of related institutes in almost 150 institutions with an enrollment of around 24,540 students.
- University grabbed top positions for the Business-Administration study program in CHE ranking.
- CHE rankings considered it as one of the best universities in Germany for taking care of its students in the year 2019-20. The university is also rated above average in the top category seven and six times for its doctoral degree studies and the international orientation for its master’s program.
- It lies at #333 in the QS World University rankings of 2021 with an overall score of 31.7 in the world.
- It is ranked 191-200th in the Graduate Employability Ranking of 2021 according to the QS World University rankings.
- The engineering-mechanical subject in the university received #42 in the QS WUR Subject-wise university ranking in 2021.
- It is ranked #564 in the best global universities, #246 in best global universities in Europe, and #40 in the best global universities in Germany according to the U.S. News and World report.
- Takes third place in social-media ranking, by education platform Charly Education
- Ranked in the top 10 in Wirtschaftswoche ranking for its study programs. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Systems among the top ten study programs in the Wirtschaftswoche ranking, 2020.
|Year of establishment||1829|
|No. of enrollment||24, 540|
|No. of programs||167|
- The campus is divided into two major locations and several smaller areas, campus city center, and campus Vaihingen.
- Studying at this university you will get the chance to study in the most economically powerful area populated with leading companies that can provide diverse insights into business practices and open career opportunities while you are still studying.
- Recreational areas like Vineyards, Jura Mountain, and the Black Forest located in the midst of a vibrant big city you will see a dense urban transit network connecting with the university. You will experience living in a dynamic place with a high quality of life.
- The university has many facilities for the students like the Graduate Academy of the University of Stuttgart (GRADUS), combined heating and power plant, high-performance computer center, information and communication center, language center, visualization institute, center for education and qualifications.
- 10% of the residents are for the students which will help you to adapt to the environment from sports to pulsating nightlife.
- For international students with Scholarships also degree students and exchange students are provided with better individual housing options.
- If you need a place to stay for a few days the international students can look for temporary accommodation out of the city as Stuttgart has the third-highest rental prices.
- The international students can look up temporary housing options in Stuttgart like International student hotel, Stuttgart International, Alex 30 Hostel, and the like for temporary stay.
- Students can inquire and apply through the Housing Section of Stuttgart student's services. It also provides barrier-free apartments for disabled students and two-room apartments for students with children.
- The service maintains a total of 35 residential buildings with more than 7,200 rooms.
- Around 167 programs are offered with 10 different faculties that include technical education, natural science, social sciences, and humanities.
- Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral programs are offered by the university. Most courses are in the German language while popular courses like INFOTECH, COMMAS, and Electrical Engineering are Postgraduate courses in English teaching language for international students.
- 68 bachelor’s programs and 99 master’s programs are offered by the university and follow conducts exams on a semester basis.
- Cross-culture mentoring program is conducted by the mentors to help the students about the studies and the university which helps intercultural exchange between German and international students and also the topic related to the life in Germany, their language and cultures, etc. and extra courses are provided by the mentors on various topics.
- The Winter University provides the best opportunity for the students interested in the German language which is available for the students having an agreement with Stuttgart University.
- SUPER (Stuttgart University Program for Experiencing Research) is designed for undergraduate and graduate students from selected partner universities.
University of Stuttgart Admission
All the applications for the University of Stuttgart 2020-2021 admissions are made through the C@MPUS management portal, irrespective of their choice of program or degree type. There is no offline mode of application.
Successful processing of the application requires submission of an application fee and a complete application that is supplemented with required documents.
Application Portal: students need to register themselves through the ‘C@MPUS page’.
- Current passport size photo
- Contact number and name of Health Insurance Company along with proof of legally-mandated health insurances
- Transcripts with average grades confirmed by the issuing university.
- Evidence of knowing the German language.
- International students need to score minimum scores to pass the Language proficiency tests for studying in Germany.
Due to coronavirus, you will have to enroll via the Campus-Management-System C@MPUS.
- Application deadlines: German universities follow a two-semester system which includes winter semester and summer semester. Students seeking admission at German universities are encouraged to apply at least 2 months prior to the expiry of the application deadlines.
- Winter semester: July 15
- Summer semester: January 15
Some of the popular programs and the requirements include:
|Programs||Degree and duration||Language Requirements||Requirements|
|Computer science||Masters, 4 semesters||TOEFL, IELTS||Bachelor’s degree|
|Electrical Engineering||Masters,4 semesters||TOEFL, IELTS,6 semesters on a Bachelor’s study program in the English language||Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or Information Technology|
|Computational linguistics||Masters, 4 semesters||TOEFL, IELTS or any proof Mentioning Bachelor’s teaching language as English||Background in computer science and linguistics|
|Information Technology||Master, 4 semesters||Certificate proving the knowledge of English or any proof Mentioning Bachelor’s teaching language is English.||Degree in bachelor of science study program or degree in computer science, software or electrical engineering, information technology or another study with similar content|
Cost of Attendance
|Tuition fee per semester (for International Students)||EUR 1500|
|The regular semester fee||EUR 200.40|
|Health insurance (per month)||Approx. EUR 110 (compulsory for all students)|
|Broadcasting fee (per month)||EUR 17,50 (compulsory for all households in Germany)|
|Transport||Approx. EUR 210|
|Semester contribution (per semester)||approx. EUR 190 (degree-seeking students)|
|Rent (per month)||Approx. EUR 350-500|
- Despite a high acceptance rate of German student visas, the country has its own stringent German visa requirements and can reject a student visa application for various reasons.
- To apply for a visa or a residence permit you will need to prove that you can afford a minimum of EUR 853 per month for the length of your stay. If you stay for more than a year you will need proof for at least 12 months. This proof can take the form of a savings account statement, confirmation of available credit balance, proof of a stipend, scholarship, or blocked account.
While the university of Stuttgart itself does not provide any scholarships, there are various scholarships in Germany for International students. All non-EU international students have to pay 1500 EUR tuition fee per semester. Aspirants can apply for the following in case of financial help:
- Germany Scholarship- Awarded for academic performance. The recipient of this scholarship will get 300 EUR per month.
- BAFÖG- In special circumstances, foreign students can apply for this aid which is determined by various factors including academic performance and financial background.
- Any student can apply for an interest-free loan in case of financial difficulties. The maximum amount is 1500 EUR.
- Working while studying- One way to finance one's studies is to work along with their education.
International students may work not more than 120 whole or 240 half days in one year. Any type of freelance work must be approved by the immigration authorities.
- The University offers several options and career opportunities for the students studying at the University.
- It engages in organizing different fests and events which help them bring employees to the campus and help students to avail their career options.
- The University has a student portal named Stellenwerk. The portal is a job portal for the students of the University and they can engage in finding relevant jobs and career options for them as per their suitability.
- The University also allows students to work along with study as they can help themselves financially through the internships.
- It also provides for different scholarships and working engagements and training. The international students can apply for the DAAD-WISE program that is a working internship along with summer training.
- A person can earn 3,810 EUR in Germany after his studies are completed on a monthly basis.
- The salaries also range from 960 EUR to 17,000 EUR annually in Germany.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
|University of Stuttgart||Free University of Berlin|
|collegedunia score||4.3 Out of 10||6.1 Out of 10|
|ranking (overall)||# 333 QS World University 2021 |
# 351 Times Higher Education 2021
# 401 Times Higher Education 2021
|# 56 Times Higher Education 2021 |
# 59 Center for World University Rankings 2021
# 101 Times Higher Education 2021
|subject strength||# 126 for Engineering by Times Higher Education 2021 |
# 126 for Technology by Times Higher Education 2021
# 151 for Computer Science by Times Higher Education 2021
|# 27 for Arts by Times Higher Education 2021 |
# 27 for Humanities by Times Higher Education 2021
# 64 for Education by Times Higher Education 2021
|programs||UG Programs -52|
PG Programs -63
|UG Programs -42|
PG Programs -55
|exam score||IELTS - 7.5|
TOEFL - 99.5
|GRE - 309|
GMAT - 625
TOEFL - 100
IELTS - 7
|cost to study||Average Tuition Fees 3330 USD|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees 3330 USD
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - 41615 USD Per Year
|Hostel + Meal - 5992 USD Per Year|
|placement (average package)|
Graduate employability rankings’ 20: #191-200.
Graduate Employability Ranking- #90 (THE- 2019); Highest paid degrees- Masters in Science (126,000 USD); Masters in Finance (129,000 USD); Masters of Arts (80,000 USD); LLM (86,000 USD).
International students can only apply for winter semester. German language proficiency is mandatory for most programs.
Admission application via uni-assist; graduation certificate & transcripts; translated documents in German or English; proof of English language proficiency; sufficient knowledge of German language (if required for master’s program); Statement of purpose; Financial guarantee proof; LORs; Resume (if applicable); Motivational letter.
|collegedunia reviews||7.9/10 Read 4 reviews||9.0/10 Read 1 reviews|
|-||Read Full Comparison|
Winter Deadline Deadlines
Summer Deadline Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #351 - #400
RANKED #126 - #150
RANKED #151 - #175
RANKED #126 - #150
RANKED #251 - #300
View More >>
QS World University
I came to know about this college from my elder sister whose friend has done his Masters from this university, she recommended I research about it and take admission year after paying an application fee and decided to take admission in this college.
Course Curriculum :
It is a unique blend of Computer Science and Electronics/Information Engineering courses within one program, enriched by non-technical courses that enable interdisciplinary education and the training of fundamental methods
One of my friends recommended me to dis University as his brother has done his bachelor's from here so after intensive research, I concluded to take admission here. I was required to pay an application fee and apply through the online portal of the college.
Course Curriculum :
Through my course curriculum, I was taught about the business from a very basic to an advanced level. I was taught about the dynamic environment of the business.
I found this university on the internet and I decided to join it for my studies because it is one of the leading technically oriented universities in Germany with global significance. It sees itself as a center of university-based, non-university, and industrial research. Furthermore, it takes a role as a guarantor of research-based teaching, focused on quality and holism, thus encouraged me. My GPA of 7 helped me to get admitted here. I was required to submit an online form for an application fee of €70.
Course Curriculum :
The technically oriented Master’s in Business Administration study program offers an in-depth, research-oriented education. I acquired deepened knowledge of business administration that qualifies them to independently develop approaches to solving challenging, complex administrative or academic problems.
My Course was exclusively offered by only Uni Stuttgart. Its also a Public University
Course Curriculum :
Well structured with a wide range of courses also available if one is interested in it.
I did not know about this college before but I came to know about it through a german friend of mine. She helped me throughout the admission procedure, I had applied from the online college portal. For the application fee it cost me $100 which was non- refundable.
Course Curriculum :
It was good but it was a bit difficult due to most of the majority of the students being German.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Train Station
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary