The Hong Kong Polytechnic University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU), is a UGC funded university having 2 campuses. PolyU offers diploma, associate, bachelors and research degrees to students in 8 areas of study. It has been ranked #31 in Asia for academics and research quality. PolyU also ranked #7 in top 50 under 50 universities. The university also has a good employability rate.
|Graduate Employability Rate||88.9%|
|No. of Faculties/SchoolsHighlights||6/2|
|No. of Courses Offered||220+|
|Application Fee||HKD 450|
|Part Time Job||Available, to support studies|
Programs and On-Campus Accommodation
- Some of the top 50 ranked courses offered at PolyU are: Hospitality & Leisure Management, Civil/Structural Engineering, Art & Design, Architecture & Built Environment, Nursing, Linguistics, etc.
- There are 15 residential halls, which can accommodate both UG and PG students at PolyU.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Application Process
- Documents required: Copy of passport/visa, post-secondary transcripts/certificate, statement of purpose, letters of reference, etc. The following documents required for:
- PG admissions- Bachelor/master degree, employer’s recommendation (if applicable), research proposal’s brief description and publications record.
- Application deadlines: Early Consideration- November 20; Normal Consideration- January 15, 2019; Extended Consideration- March 15, 2019
- Additional Requirements: There may be an interview/test, depending upon the choice of course.
- Interview/Test dates: If application is selected then, students will be intimidated about interview/test. They are conducted from October 2018 to May 2019.
- English Language Test Score Requirements:
|Test Name||Required Score|
Cost of Attendance
|Tuition Fee||HKD 140,000|
|Accommodation Fee||HKD 12,500|
|Other Expenses||HKD 11,000|
Various scholarships are offered to international students at PolyU. Students can apply for scholarships through the same application portal.
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Times Higher Education
Computer Science (International)
Ranked #126 - #150
View More >>
QS World University
When I decided to start my engineering degree at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, I wasn't sure where it was going to take me. But along the way, I found myself drawn to civil engineering and became interested in the civil industry. Studying at the university gave me the start I needed. The application for my program was submitted online for $450.
Course Curriculum :
This credit-based Bachelor of Engineering Degree Program in Civil Engineering provided us a broad-based and high-quality interdisciplinary education in areas of environmental, geotechnical, hydraulic, and transportation engineering as well as construction management. This professional program aimed to nurture us as all-round civil engineers who are ready to work on engineering projects with commercial, social, legal and political complexities.
- Bus Station
- Train Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary