Delhi University (DU) School of Open Learning (SOL) has released the admit card for the Open-Book Examination (OBE) on its official website for a variety of its Distance mode courses remotely. Owing to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the semester examinations cannot be conducted in the usual manner and DU has decided to conduct the exams in OBE mode for the SOL as well as an alternative mode of examination.
- Students are required to register on the online portal to be eligible to appear for the examination.
- The registration process requires candidates to fill in basic details like Name, Enrolment number (optional), Programme Name, Date of birth, Examination roll number, registered E-mail or mobile number.
- Once registered, candidates will be provided their Admit card in e-mode. Candidates can then login to the DU portal on the day of the examination to be able to appear for the examination. It is mandatory for all candidates to register to the online portal to be able to appear for the exam. Failing to do so will result in the candidate not being allowed to sit for the exams.
- Candidates appearing for the DU SOL examination are notified that it is mandatory to register on the DU portal and download their admit card to be eligible to give the examination. DU has released the date sheet for the examination.
- The examination will be conducted remotely through the month of August starting from the August of 2020 to September of 2020 in two phases to enable the candidates who have missed the exam conducted in the August month (Phase 1). The date sheet for the mock test for UG courses has also been released to help students understand the process for OBE (Open-Book Examination). Candidates are advised to read and understand the step-by-step process of the OBE exams.
DU SOL 2020 Admit Card Important Dates
|Release of Admit Card||May 30th of 2020|
|Exam Dates||Phase 1: 10th August of 2020 to 31st August of 2020 Phase 2: September 14th of 2020|
|Examination mode||Open-Book Examination (OBE)-Remote|
How to download the DU SOL 2020 Admit Card
Here is a step-by-step brief guide for downloading the Admit card for DU SOL examinations 2020:
- Go to the official DU SOL portal, https://sol.du.ac.in/student-login, and log in with your SOL Roll number and Bar Code.
- The Bar Code is printed on your SOL ID card.
- After logging in, students can download the admit card in the form of a PDF document.
- The admit card contains important details like the examination roll number which is needed to register for the OBE exams.
- To appear for the exam students will have to do a one-time registration which will provide them their login details to appear for the OBE mode examination.
How to register for the DU SOL 2020 OBE exams
Steps to register for the DU SOL 2020 OBE are:
- Go to the official DU SOL portal, https://sol.du.ac.in/student-login, and log in with your SOL Roll number and Barcode.
- The BarCode is printed on your SOL ID card.
- After logging in, students can register for the OBE exams using the online form.
- Students will have to provide basic details like Name, Enrolment number (optional), Programme Name, Date of birth, Examination roll number, registered E-mail or mobile number.
- Once registered, students will get their login details on their E-mail or mobile number.
- Students can log in with their Examination roll number and password on the day of the examination to appear for the OBE mode exam.
Details on DU SOL 2020 Admit Card
Few important details found in the DU SOL 2020 Admit Card are:
- Name of the Candidate
- Registration details for OBE
- Date of Birth
- Date and time of OBE
- Course/ specialization name
Guidelines for the OBE exam for DU SOL 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, DU has decided to not conduct the DU SOL 2020 exams in a conventional manner and go for an Open-Book Examination method. DU has released a step-by-step guideline for students to be able to give their examinations. Here is a brief summary of the steps that a student needs to follow:
- Students will have to register on the DU portal to get their admit card and login password.
- Students can then login to the portal on the day of the exam using their examination roll number and password.
- Students are advised to log in 30 mins before the exam to avoid any problems.
- At the beginning of the exam, the question paper download option will be visible to the student.
- Students can then download the question paper upon which the timer on the portal will start for the end of the examination.
- Students will need to write down their answers on plain A4 size papers and upload them on the portal for submission once done.
- The total duration of the exam will be 3 hours which includes 2 hours to answer the questions paper and an hour to download the questions paper and, scan and upload the answer sheet once done.
- Students are advised to properly go through the Step-by-step guide for using the DU portal for Open-Book Examination (OBE) released by DU before taking up the exam.