DU Cut-Offs 2020: First Cutoff List Expected to be Released on OCT 12, Correct Application Form till Oct 5
According to the recent information released by Delhi University, the first cutoff list for admissions is likely to be released on October 12. Read the article to know how to check cutoff and edit application form.
The varsity had earlier planning to begin the DU Admission Process 2020 from the first week of October 2020, however, it has now decided to wait for CBSE to announce the CBSE 12th Results of improvement exams.
Meanwhile, the varsity has also enabled the option for students to edit their forms from September 12, 2020 until October 5, 2020.
DU Admission 2020 Goes Online
DU is all set to conduct the admission process online this year. The authorities have asked principals of all the affiliated and autonomous colleges to prepare themselves for the process in advance so as to prevent any last time changes and hassles.
DU Admission 2020: Expect Higher Cutoffs
Majority of the students who have applied for DU admission have completed their schooling at the CBSE Board this year, hence to be fair, the cutoff dates have been delayed.
Pankaj Garg, a former member of the Academic Council said that the first cut-off would rather be high, and the fourth-fifth cut-off would also be two or three points higher than last year.
For example, if the cut-off for a certain course was 88 per cent in 2019, it will be 90 or 91 per cent this year in 2020.
Anju Srivastava, Principal of Hindu College said that if the cut-off list is not higher, it will be the same as last year. This year, students who scored more than 95% are twice than that in the previous year.
She said they're going to keep the cut-off high because of the limitations.
How is the DU First Cut off List 2020 Prepared?
DU releases the cutoff list until all seats in a particular course and college are filled. The cutoff list is prepared based on the marks of the qualifying examination.
Once the application forms are received for merit based admission, DU arranges the candidates based on their marks. The candidates having more marks are placed higher in the merit list and so on.
Factors on Which DU First Cutoff Depends
The DU first cut off depends on many factors and cannot be determined. DU never reveals it, however, here are some of the common factors that influence the cutoff decision:
- The number of candidates registered for a specific course
- Number of seats that are available for admission
- Marks of students applying for a specific course
- Past Trends
- Popularity/demand for a specific course for admission
DU Admission 2020: How to Check Cutoff?
Aspiring candidates who have applied for DU Admission 2020 can follow the given steps in order to check the DU Admission 2020 First Cutoff List and the Subsequent Lists.
- Visit the official website of du @du.ac.in
- Go to the DU Admission 2020 portal.
- Click on the cutoff list you want to check.
- Take a print out of the same for future reference.
- Read the admission guidelines.
DU Admission 2020 Form Correction Open till October 05
Delhi University has finally unlocked the option of uploading the Class 12 mark sheet and other required documents to the DU Admissions 2020 online portal.
Students who have not yet uploaded their Class 12 mark sheets or other required certificates and documents for DU Admissions 2020 may now upload them and make changes to their forms on the Delhi University Admission Portal.
The University has provided the final opportunity for students to submit all their documents in order to apply for admission to the University of Delhi.
To date, no official notification has been published on the official website. The University of Delhi will soon release a notice informing the students of the lateral admission process.
No information on the duration for which the portal will remain open has been provided.
Steps for accessing the correction portal and uploading of documents
- Open the University of Delhi official website I.e., du.ac.in and visit the DU entrance portal.
- Login to the DU Admission Portal with your registered e-mail ID.
- There are two options on your screen that state 'update academic section' and 'update form.'
- Students are asked to click on the update form section.
- A page containing the student's personal details will appear on the screen. Students can modify their personal details here.
- Once you have edited your personal details, click the "Next" button. The screen will show all the files and documents uploaded to the candidates. Students can correct their uploaded documents or upload their Class 12 mark sheet if they are not uploaded.
- If students have not yet received their original mark sheets from their respective schools, they may upload their DigiLocker mark sheet.
- After uploading all the required documents for DU admissions, click "Next." The notification asking for confirmation will appear on the screen. Students are advised to provide confirmation only when all required documents and details have been precisely uploaded. Once your form has been edited on the portal, you will not be able to re-edit it.