Nanyang Technological University Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) is a research-intensive public university and counted among the best universities in the world. Established in 1991, NTU is home to nearly 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students with its student body represents over 100 nationalities.
Among the universities in Singapore, NTU is quite popular among international students, and its campus is often listed among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world which include 57 Green Mark-certified building projects comprising more than 230 buildings.
Programs at NTU are offered through the colleges of Engineering, Business, Science, and Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, and Graduate College. Its Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine was established jointly with Imperial College London. Nanyang Business School is regularly featured among the leading business schools in Asia making it a hub to attract international students to study in Singapore.
NTU actively establishes partnerships with top universities and runs joint and dual Ph.D. degree programs with well-established universities. Some of its key partners in academia and research include Imperial College London, Technical University of Munich, and the University of California, Berkeley.
Nanyang Technological University Rankings
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore is one of the top-ranked universities in the world. A few of the 2021 Rankings of the NTU are listed below:
- Ranked #37 in the world by Financial Times (FT) Global MBA Rankings 2021.
- Its business school ranked #1 in Singapore for 15th consecutive years in the global ranking of full-time Master in Business Administration (MBA) programs by The Economist (EIU) 2021.
- Ranked #35 in the world and #1 in Asia in World University Rankings by The Economist (EIU) 2021.
- Ranked #9 in THE World's Most International Universities 2021
- Ranked #38 in the world and #3 in Asia in U.S. News Best Global Universities Rankings 2020/21
- Ranked #47 in the world in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings (WUR) 2020/21
|Application Portal||Online Application|
|Annual Tuition Fee for AY 2020-21||31,000 SGD – 32,900 SGD|
|Subsidized Annual Tuition Fee for AY 2020-21 (on receiving tuition grant)||17,500 SGD|
|Estimated Monthly Living Expenses||1,065 SGD – 2,000 SGD|
|Mode of Programs||Full-Time; Part-Time|
|Admission Helpdesk||67905806 | email@example.com|
NTU Campus and Accommodation
- The Campus Clubhouse of NTU offers facilities for dining, a multi-purpose studio, a pavilion, a toddler's room, a reading room as well as an outdoor courtyard. The Campus Clubhouse also offers spaces for events and entertainment.
- The Sports & Recreation Centre manages sports facilities on campus and is committed to providing students and staff with a comprehensive range of sports facilities and opportunities to get active. There are various indoor, outdoor, and aquatic facilities as well as fitness gyms that cater to all fitness levels.
- There are many food courts located near the campus. Indian students may find an Indian-style restaurant by the name ‘Ananda Kitchen’.
- The university offers 2-years of guaranteed residential living for all the freshmen, through their 23 halls of residence and many room types.
- The room rates vary from 260 SGD to 600 SGD.
- The university does not offer or manage any off-campus housing. However, the university assists the students with their search for off-campus housing. You may inform the authorities about your preference.
Programs at NTU
- Education at NTU puts much emphasis on experiential and participatory learning. The university offers advancing adult education and professional development programs along with bachelor's and master's degrees.
- The undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degree programs through colleges of Engineering, Business, Science, and Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, and its Graduate College
The College of Engineering offers courses in Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Materials Science, and Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
- The popular programs offered by the university are the following, Arts and Humanities, Engineering and Technology, Life sciences, Medicine, Natural Sciences Social Sciences, and Management.
- NTU’s colleges and schools, institutes, and centers offer an extensive range of Continuing Education Training programs, to equip students with updated knowledge and relevant skill sets to meet their learning needs and changing job demands.
NTU Admission Process
NTU admissions can be tough for many international students with a low acceptance rate of 35%. NTU has only 1 intake per year. The academic term usually commences in early August. The application window for the academic year 2020-2021 will open on October 15, 2020, up to March 15, 2021.
The application for admission is done via the institution’s website for both graduate and undergraduate programs. The students who want to apply for any of the programs at NTU, have to fill the application form in online mode. The payment has to be made either through Bank Draft or Internet Payment.
Application Fee- 30 SGD (by Bank Draft) or 20 SGD (by Credit Card); 100 SGD for an MBA program
- Official academic transcripts
- Minimum subject requirements vary with each program at NTU
- English Proficiency Tests (submit any one of the following) –
- IELTS (a minimum Overall 6, writing 6)
- TOEFL(a minimum of 90)
- SAT (a minimum of 1250 for SAT taken for March 2016 onwards)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) (a minimum of 55)
- ACT with Writing (a minimum of a composite score of 30 in ACT with Writing in one sitting)
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to take the NTU Entrance Examination for the university to assess suitability for undergraduate programs.
- For graduate degrees- CV/Resume and GMAT or GRE scores may be required.
NTU Cost of Attendance
The tuition fee for international students at NTU remains fixed throughout the duration of the program. The tuition fee for the academic year 2020-2021 is shown in the table below-
|Program of Study||Annual Tuition Fee for AY 2020-21 (in SGD)||Subsidized Annual Tuition Fee for AY 2020-21, on receiving tuition grant (in SGD)|
|All programs (except for the ones listed below)||17,550||31,970 – 32,900|
|Accountancy; Business; Computing; Engineer||20,100||36,830|
|Programs of Study||AY 2020 Miscellaneous Fee Per Annum (in SGD)|
|Lab-based (except Medicine)||448|
Estimated Monthly Living Expenses
|Types of Expenses||Cost per Month (in SGD)|
|On-Campus Accommodation||265 – 600 (varies with the room type)|
|Meals||300 – 400|
|Transport, Books, and Personal Expenses||320|
NOTE- For international students on subsidized tuition fees and students of all nationalities on non-subsidized tuition fees, the fee amounts quoted are inclusive of prevailing GST of 7%. GST is subject to change. GST on the tuition fee is to be borne by students.
- All the international students pursuing a full-time program are offered financial aid. This aid is in the form of a loan, work-study scheme, etc. The students have to fill the scholarship form for availing this facility.
- Some of the scholarships at NTU offered to international students are the following:
|Nanyang Scholarship||Open to all students looking for a full-time undergraduate degree||Full coverage of subsidized tuition fee. Living allowance of 6,500 SGD per academic year. Accommodation allowance of up to 2,000 SGD upon residing in an NTU hostel.|
|College Scholarship||Open to all students looking for a full-time undergraduate degree||Full coverage of subsidized tuition fee. Living allowance of 5,000 SGD per academic year.|
|School Scholarship||Open to all students looking for a full-time undergraduate degree||Full coverage of subsidized tuition fee (after tuition grant)|
Certain Short-term Scholarships are open to current undergraduates or freshmen on performing academically well and criteria specified by the donor of the scholarship. The eligibility, however, varies every year.
- The university’s career center helps its students to find jobs and prepare them for interviews.
- Industry-based specific counseling and ways to grab the dream job are also the services undertaken by the center.
- It also organizes various workshops to provide hands-on training to face the employers and inculcate networking skills.
- The average weighted annual salary three years after graduation is USD 134,213 with a salary increase of 107% as per Financial Times.
- Graduates of Masters in Finance get 93,000 SGD, Masters in Management get 88,000 SGD, and Bachelor (Other) generally receive 77,000 SGD annually on average.
- The average salary of NTU graduates as listed by Emolument are tabulated below:
|Areas||Average Salary (USD)|
|Finance, Control, and Strategy||72,000|
|Compliance, AML, KYC, and Monitoring||64,000|
|Sales and Business Development||61,000|
Ques. How competitive are NTU admissions?
Ans. With a 36 % acceptance rate, admissions at Nanyang Technological University are extremely competitive.
Ques. Is Nanyang Technological University reputed?
Ans. Yes. Nanyang Technological University, Singapore is one of the top-ranked universities in the world. It was ranked #37 in the world by Financial Times' (FT) Global MBA Rankings 2021 and #35 in the world and #1 in Asia in World University Rankings by The Economist (EIU) 2021.
Ques. What is the average salary of Nanyang Technological University graduates?
Ans. The average weighted annual salary three years after graduation is USD 134,213 with a salary increase of 107% as per Financial Times.
Ques. What is NTU famous for?
Ans. The university is famous for its research excellence and technological innovation.
Ques. Does NTU accept transfer students?
Ans. No. The university does not accept credit transfers/transfer students.
Ques. How many students are enrolled in Nanyang Technological University?
Ans. It is home to nearly 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students and its student body represents over 100 nationalities on-campus.
Ques. What is the average rent for off-campus accommodation at NTU?
Ans. The monthly rent is approximately 550-700 SGD per month around the college areas.
Ques. What programs does Nanyang Technological University offer?
Ans. It offers programs through the colleges of Engineering, Business, Science, and Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, and Graduate College.
Ques. Which are the partnered institutes of NTU?
Ans. It runs joint and dual Ph.D. degree programs with well-established universities. Some of its key partners in academia and research include Imperial College London, Technical University of Munich, and the University of California, Berkeley.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
|Nanyang Technological University||National University of Singapore|
|collegedunia score||7 Out of 10||6.8 Out of 10|
|ranking (overall)||# 13 QS World University 2021 |
# 38 US News 2021
# 47 Times Higher Education 2021
|# 11 QS World University 2021 |
# 22 Times Higher Education 2021
# 25 Times Higher Education 2021
|programs||UG Programs -47|
PG Programs -27
Doctorate Programs -1
|UG Programs -64|
PG Programs -59
Doctorate Programs -20
|cost to study||Average Tuition Fees 13869 USD|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees 13843.1 USD
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - 20000 USD Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees 12987 USD|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees 15836 USD
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - 7668 USD Per Year
|collegedunia reviews||7.7/10 Read 8 reviews||7.9/10 Read 15 reviews|
|-||Read Full Comparison|
Round 1 Deadlines
Round 2 Deadlines
Round 3 Deadlines
Times Higher Education
RANKED #126 - #150
View More >>
QS World University
I chose Nanyang Technological University based on the project I was supposed to work on. In my opinion project should be the highest priority as I will be working on it for 4 years, 2nd thing I looked into was my advisor and his style of work or communication. Once everything was in order and better in comparison to other option I selected Nanyang Technological University.
Course Curriculum :
Course curriculum is well relevant for the present industry requirements. As a PhD student you have to work a lot on your research project with real time work on various state of the art machinery. in my case most fabrication and characterizations were performed by myself. Prof was also supportive for all processes, in situation for where the measurements couldn't be done in Nanyang Technological University he got it done via his friends across Singapore.
It was the best in Asia and I did not want to go outside of Asia
Course Curriculum :
Course syllabus is very current and diverse. Professors are very high up in the industry and very influential. Good campus and good opportunities for career advancement.
I chose this university as it offered a comprehensive course in my area of interest - film & media studies. It also has a more hands on approach to the course rather than just academic papers. Internship is also compulsory for this course.
Course Curriculum :
I would say the Course Curriculum is relevant & constantly changes to suit the changing media landscape. The readings & materials are also current and have a fair share of foundational work.
NTU is one of the worlds top universities with a proven history of producing graduates with strong technical backgrounds. The programme itself is not as qualitative in nature as other ms supply chain programmes in the world. Personally, i did a bachelors in business in supply chain management so pursuing a masters in science instead was slightly daunting because supply chain as a business is not as difficult to comprehend as supply chain as a science. I desired to be proficient in the nitty-gritty of supply chain management. The university has facilities that most other universities do not possess. There are abundant opportunities available to work on various technological equipment and software.
Course Curriculum :
the curriculum of this programme is not as heavy as one might expect. You are allowed to choose as little as 3 modules per semester. The course is divided into 2 options. the research option allows you to undertake a short research project provided it is approved by the university. the coursework option is simply 10 modules and you have to pass all modules whilst maintaining a specific GPA. There are no industrial attachments in this programme. students are encouraged to find their own internships. Group work and presentations assigned to students tackle recent, relevant issues in the field of supply chain management.
I chose NTU because of the opportunities it has to offer and it's high global rank. Moreover, the course offered to me was my first choice and it was a very crucial factor.
Course Curriculum :
The course and curriculum of EEE is very well designed. It is one of the best schools of NTU and ranked 6th in the world so academically it is pretty good.
- Bus Station
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary