Lancaster University - Management School 2020-2021 Admissions: Entry Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
Lancaster University - Management School is the business school of Lancaster University founded in 1964. It is a private university located in Lancaster, England. The school holds quadruple accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS, Small Business Charter, and the Association of MBAs.
It offers undergraduate, graduate, and research programs covering study areas like accounting, finance, marketing, economics, leadership, management science, etc. Students and staff at Lancaster University - Management School comes from more than 150 nations. Around 3,000 international students are enrolled here.
Some points to be kept in mind while applying for admission to Lancaster University – Management School are as follows:
- Undergraduate applicants will be required to apply through UCAS.
- Applicants can also apply through UCAS clearing.
- The general application deadline is January 15.
- Students are only admitted for the Fall session.
- Graduate program applicants can be submitted free of cost via the Lancaster University Application portal.
- Applicants who submit GRE scores in place of GMAT scores will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- To apply for the MBA program, students may submit the Lancaster Admission Essay instead of GMAT scores.
- Professional work experience is a valuable addition to the application.
- Some programs may ask applicants to attend an interview.
COVID-19 Admission Updates
- Lancaster University is still accepting applications. UCAS clearing is also now open.
- The autumn term is scheduled to commence from August 2.
- The deadline for submission of transcripts and other documents will be extended.
- The university is accepting IELTS UKVI and TOEFL-IBT home edition for proof of English language proficiency.
|Application Portal||UG: UCAS portal
PG: Online portal
|Application Fee (Undergraduate)||UG: Single course - 20 GBP; More than one course – 25 GBP|
|Mode of Payment||Credit card/ Debit card|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships/ Loans/ Grants/ Work-study|
|Work Experience||Required for some courses|
Lancaster University - Management School Admission Deadlines
Lancaster University – Management School applicants using the UCAS portal must follow deadlines given below:
|2021 entry||October 15, 2020 (Medicine courses)
January 15, 2021 (for full consideration)
June 30 is the final deadline and applications submitted after June 30 go into clearing.
Lancaster University - Management School International Student Admissions
Lancaster University Management School has nearly 3,000 international students. There are several additional requirements for the international students along with the general requirements which are applicable to the applicants belonging to the UK. Students must fulfill international qualifications depending on their home country.
Application Portal: UG: UCAS portal; PG: Lancaster University Application Portal
Application Fee: UG: 20 GBP for a single course, 25 GBP for multiple courses; PG: No application fee
Basic Admission Requirements: International students must submit the following documents for admission:
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Financial statement
- Copy of passport
- Work Experience
- Updated CV
- GMAT or GRE scores for graduate programs
- There are various specific departmental requirements which differ with course.
The country-specific requirements for some of the countries for admission to undergraduate courses are tabulated below:
|Country name||Entry Requirement for Undergraduates||Entry Requirement for Graduates|
|India||Certificate of Secondary Education- Passing with 75% to 87% average from the best 4 subjects, excluding Hindi and Physical Education.||3 years bachelor’s degree with an overall 60%, no less than 55% in any year|
|China||An additional qualification such as a Foundation Year is required along with The High School Diploma and Gaokao||4 years bachelor’s degree with 75-85%|
|Malaysia||Higher School Certificate- Passing with grades from ABB to A*AA in three STPM subjects.||3 years bachelor’s degree with 3.2 on 4.0|
|Sri Lanka||Sri Lanka Advanced Level- Passing with grades from ABB to AAA.||3 years bachelor’s degree|
|Pakistan||An additional qualification such as a Foundation Year is required along with Higher Secondary School Certificate||4 years bachelor’s degree with 3.1 on 4.0|
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
All the international applicants who do not belong to the UK or any other majority English speaking countries need to prove their proficiency in English by submitting their TOEFL, IELTS or other test scores. The minimum requirements levels of various acceptable tests for admission to undergraduate courses are given below:
Visa Process for International Students
The visa process for international students is given below:
- After being granted admission to the university, international students will be required to apply for a student visa.
- The student visa required for a full-time course is known as the Tier 4 student visa from UK Visas and Immigration.
- 348 GBP fee has to be paid by the applicants for obtaining a student visa.
- Documents required to apply for the Tier 4 student visa:
- Offer letter from Lancaster University.
- 2 photographs
- Tuberculosis test
- Proof of financial support.
- Academic transcripts
- Schedule and attend a visa interview at the UK embassy in your home country.
Lancaster University - Management School Undergraduate Admissions
Lancaster University - Management School offers undergraduate courses in fields like Accounting & Management, Business Analytics, Business Economics, Economics, Finance, International Business Management, etc. The basic requirements for all the courses are almost similar. However, there are some specific requirements which differ with course.
Where to Apply: UCAS portal
Application Fee: Single course: 20 GBP; up to 5 courses: 25 GBP
Admission Requirements: The following documents have to be provided by the applicants at the time of admission:
- Secondary school qualification
- Official high school transcripts
- Personal statement
- Recommendation letters
- International students are required to prove that they are proficient in English language by submitting their English Language Proficiency Test scores.
- Some programs might have some additional requirements also.
Lancaster University - Management School Graduate Admissions
Lancaster University - Management School offers many graduate degrees. Some of the programs include Executive MBA, M. Sc. in Business Analytics, M. Sc. in Management, M.Sc. in Leadership, etc. For entry to any graduate-level program, an applicant must have a completed 2:1 honors degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
Where to Apply: Online Application
Application Fee: No application fee
Admission Requirements: The following documents must be submitted for admission to graduate programs:
- Official transcripts from previous education institutes
- GMAT or GRE test scores
- Personal Statement
- Work Experience
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Program-specific requirements
The requirements for some of the courses offered by the Management School are tabulated below:
|Requirements||Master of Business Administration||M. Sc in Business Analytics||M. Sc in International Business and Strategy||M. Sc in Management||M. Sc in Strategy|
|Academic Qualifications||2:1 honors degree or equivalent||2:1 honors degree or equivalent in Mathematics or
Statistics including subjects like Science, Economics, Computer Science
|2:1 honors degree or equivalent||2:1 honors degree or equivalent||2:1 honors degree or equivalent|
|GRE or GMAT||GMAT score of 580 and 4.0 on 6.0 in
Analytical Writing Assessment or Lancaster Admissions Essay is required;
GRE is also considered in some cases
|Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required|
|Work experience||Required, at least 3 years||Recommended||Required – maximum of 2 years||Required – maximum of 2 years||Recommended|
|Recommendations||Required – 2 reference||-||-||-||-|
|English Language Requirements||IELTS: 7.0||IELTS: 7.0||IELTS: 7.0||IELTS: 7.0||IELTS: 7.0|
For most graduate programs offered by the Lancaster University School of Management, work experience is required. Work experience is a valuable addition to the application. The admission team releases a decision within 3 weeks from the application deadline. After submitting the application with all supporting documents, international students must start gathering documents necessary for applying for a visa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. I am a student from India. What minimum qualifications do I have to fulfill for admission?
Ans. Students from India who have completed class 12 under Indian Certificate of Secondary Education must have passed with 75% to 87% on an average in best 4 subjects excluding Hindi and PE for undergraduate admissions and 3 years bachelor’s degree with minimum 65% and no less than 55% in any year for graduate admissions.
Ques. Can I change my choice of the program after admission to Lancaster University - Management School accepts?
Ans. You may be allowed to change the choice of the program after admission to Lancaster University. For doing so you will have to contact the Admission Office and seek approval.
Ques. What if my English proficiency test scores are lower than the minimum requirements for admission to Lancaster University – Management School?
Ans. If your English proficiency test score is below the minimum requirements, you will be asked to enroll for a pre-session English language program.
Ques. Will I be considered for admission to the Lancaster University – Management School if I do not meet standard requirements?
Ans. Lancaster University School of Management may consider applicants with non-standard requirements on a case-by-case basis. If you are one such applicant then you must contact the respective department.
Ques. Will I have to appear for an entrance test before admission to the Lancaster University – Management School?
Ans. No, students do not have to take any institutional tests for admission to the Lancaster University School of Management. Some degrees may require an interview for admission but applicants will be informed about it before applying.