Lancaster University - Management School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Lancaster University-Management School was established in 1964. It holds a quadruple accreditation by EQUIS, AACSB, the Small Business Charter, and the Association of MBAs. It achieved gold in the TEF or Teaching Excellence Framework rating. The institute has been a center of attraction for foreign students aspiring to study in the UK.
The University is considered to be among the best in the UK. Also, the institute is consistently in the top ten in three main league tables out of around 120 UK universities. The University has been labeled as the International University of the Year 2020 by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020. It offers a diverse and safe study environment by protecting its students from any kind of age, gender, race, or religious discrimination.
The admissions at Lancaster University are entirely online and there is no requirement of the application fees. To make the application process friendly, the admission office is always available for the students in case of any queries.
- 128th in the world according to QS World University Rankings 2020
- Ranking of undergraduate programs:
- Accounting and Finance: 8th in the UK according to The Times, 11th in the UK according to the Complete University Guide 2020
- Marketing: 11th in the UK - Complete University Guide 2020.
- Business, Management and Marketing: 8th in the UK- Guardian University Guide 2020
- Business and Management: 11th in the UK - Complete University Guide 2020
- Business Studies: 8th in the UK according to The Times.
- Subject rankings according to QS World University Rankings:
- Top 100 in Accounting and Finance
- Top 100 in Business and Management
- Joint 50th in Statistics and Operational Research
- Ranking of masters programs:
- MSc in Management: 11th in the UK and 79th in the world according to Financial Times Masters in Management 2019
- MSc in Finance: 5th in the UK and 29th in the world according to Financial Times Global Masters in Finance 2018
- Executive MBA: 96TH in the world and 7th in the UK according to Financial Times Executive MBA ranking 2019.
|University type||Public institution|
|Courses offered||Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application fee||Not applicable|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and Bursaries|
Campus and Accommodation
- Lancaster University - Management School campus is segregated into eight different colleges and three research centers. These centers are the Centre for Productivity and Efficiency, the Centre for Consumption Insights, and the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare.
- It is situated at the heart of the Lancaster University campus.
- Management school is the main building. It is home to a popular Hub with Costa and flexible and spacious teaching spaces
- Charles Carter is situated just next to the main building. This also has airy and spacious spaces for teaching, independent study, and collaboration.
- It is located fifteen minutes away from the beautiful and historic city of Lancaster which has more than a hundred shops, a lot of pubs and a beautiful castle which is around a 1000 years old.
- Students can also take part in a wide range of activities like water sports. The university is also very close to the Lake District, which is England's largest National Park.
- It also has a wide range of study spaces, which is flexible according to the students’ needs for group work as well. Students can also access the Lancaster library has around half a million-printed titles to collaborate and study
- Lancaster University is also equipped with a 20 million GBP sports center with a wide range of facilities.
- The campus is home to Lancaster Arts. The Nuffield Theatre hosts public performances of contemporary dance, live art and theatre. Students can also visit the Peter Scott Gallery, which is open for everyone free of cost.
- Lancaster University has space for 7000 beds in around 10 university halls and 5 private halls.
- Townhouses at the university can accommodate 12 students.
- Standard rooms can accommodate 6-9 students and Ensuite and Superior Ensuite both can accommodate 4-9 students.
- The university also has executive training facilities and residential accommodation.
- They also deliver modules in the Training Centre and in Lancaster House Hotel, which is a deluxe 4-star hotel.
- The applications of students with disabilities are prioritized if complete information is provided to the university.
- Their beds are all single size and they contain a bed, desk and chair, shelving, wardrobe, and waste bin.
- Other facilities available include a well-equipped kitchen area, free internet access, laundry, and maintenance facilities.
- Lancaster University offers a wide range of Study Programs to choose from including 27 postgraduate programs. It also offers programs like International Masters Program for Managers, Executive MBA, and MSc in Manufacturing Leadership.
- The programs are offered in the following study areas at the university:
- Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Strategy
- Management Science
- The organization, work, and technology
- Business and management
- MBA programs are offered as a Full-time MBA and part-time MBA.
- Lancaster University also offers an MSc in Management which is a 12-month course and starts in October.
Lancaster University- Management School Application Process
How to apply? (H4)
Application Portal: The undergraduates have to apply on the UCAS website.
Application fee: There is no application fee.
Application deadline: January 15.
Basic Admission Requirements:
- Official transcripts.
- Personal statement
- Scores of Exams to Study in the UK.
The university usually takes around three weeks for the result. However, it might vary according to courses. The university does not ask students for an institutional admissions test. However, it might be different for different courses.
Application Portal: The students have to apply on the Lancaster University Application Portal.
Application fee: The Application Process is free of cost.
Basic Application Requirements:
- Academic Transcripts.
- Standardized test scores.
- Personal statement.
- Degree Certificates.
- Letter of Reference.
English Proficiency score Requirements
Following tests are accepted in the university:
|Test||Minimum Scores Required|
|IELTS Academic||Overall 6.5 and a minimum of 5.5 in each element.|
|TOEFL (iBT)||Overall 87 and minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in writing, and 17 in speaking.|
|Pearson PTE Academic||Overall 58 and a minimum of 5.5 in each of the four skills.|
|Cambridge English: Advanced CAE||Overall 176 with a minimum of 162 in each element.|
|Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)||Overall 176 with a minimum of 162 in each element.|
|GCSE/IGCSE/O Level English||Grade C / 4|
|CAMLA ECPE||Grade C2|
|Trinity ISE||ISE II and Distinction in each element.|
High school qualification for India is Indian Standard X English at 70% or above.
Lancaster University Cost of Attendance
The subject’s areas or departments are divided into 4 bands. For students beginning their course in 2020, the cost of living in the UK is as follows:
|Band 1||18,700 GBP|
|Band 2||19,474 GBP|
|Band 3||22,550 GBP|
|Band 4||20,865 GBP|
|MBChB (Medical)||34,700 GBP|
The table below mentions the average weekly cost of accommodation in the country. The expenses may vary according to the individual needs.
|Food and toiletries||45 GBP|
|Books and stationary||15 GBP|
- Two types of financial aid is provided in the university:
- Scholarships- For academic excellence
- Bursaries- Given on the basis of the student’s household income
- University provides limited Financial Support for international students. Most scholarships given are in the form of a partial tuition fee reduction. Scholarships also vary depending upon the departments.
- Some of the Scholarship details are as follows:
- Alumni Loyalty Scholarship: If a student holds an undergraduate degree from Lancaster University, it offers 20% fee reduction for first Class Hons. degree holders and 10% reduction for 2:1 Hons. degree holders.
- Lancaster University Bursaries: It is awarded to undergraduates enrolled in the institute and have family income less than 30,000 GBP.
- The Pell Trust Studentship: This is applicable to all the students at all the levels of study. Also, domestic as well as international students can apply. The award amounts up to 2,500 GBP.
- Lancaster University’s alumni network consists of over 40,000 graduates. Being a part of this network, students can enjoy a wide range of services that can help in their careers.
- These include alumni resources, hosting events, and activities in order to build the network.
- Some of the notable alumni of the University are as follows:
- Will Brooks- Vice President of world-leading ICAEW
- Mark Thorpe- CEO of KP Snacks
- Nigel Mills- CEO of The Lakes Distillery
Lancaster University offers paid managerial employment and each year more than 150 undergraduates take it as a part of their degree. It is an integral part of some courses as well. The university maintains a great relationship with various employers. Apart from this, studying in such a reputed institute will open various doors for various highly paid Jobs for international students in the UK.
Recent placements included Deloitte, Intel, Aldi, IBM, Morgan Stanley, and many more. There is also the facility of the Preparation for Placement module that is delivered by the LUMS Careers Team. A Moodle page is also provided to the students which contains the information regarding the practice psychometric tests, assessment centers, CV template, and placement profiles.