Dr B. R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU), Hyderabad is an open university in the state of Telangana. The university aims to provide higher education for all the segments of society. The university was set up in 1982 in order to promote distance learning and also provide education to people living in isolated and underdeveloped parts of the country.
Dr BRAOU follows a Multi-Media Teaching-Learning Methodology which broadly comprises of self-learning print material, supported by audio, video lessons and regular broadcast of lessons through All India Radio. The Faculties have also developed self-instructional learning materials for more than 307 Programs supplemented by about 2100 radio audio and about 220 video programs
BRAOU University Highlights
Over 14,27,225 books
Courses and Admission
BRAOU University Undergraduate Admissions (B.Ed)
Admission to the UG programs is through an entrance test conducted by the university
Bhim Rao Ambedkar Open University commences an entrance test in B. Ed with a distance learning program i.e BRAOU entrance test/ rank cards/merit list. Applying candidates should have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in their respected subjects with Minimum 50% aggregate marks in B. Ed. Final selection to the program will be made on the basis of M. Ed/ B. Ed merit list.
BRAOU University MCA and MBA Admission
MBA program Admissions are done through Integrated Common Entrance Test (TSICET). MBA program at the Postgraduate level. Candidates applying for these courses must hold Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institute/University. Those applying for MBA program must hold a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% (Mathematics in 12th is Mandatory) whereas candidates applying for MCA must have a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks.
Admission to MBA program will be on the basis entrance test held by the university.
To get a detailed knowledge about BRAOU University Admission process
BRAOU University’s Ranking
Body / Magazine
BRAOU University’s Scholarships
Scholarships are offered to deserving candidates, particularly to those from low-economic backgrounds Or from Reserved Categories.
- The Institute offers a scholarship to reserved category students.
- The scholarship is also given to students as per the government norms.
- Library The Narla Memorial Library is also housed in the Academic Building. A Multimedia Lab, Two Synergy Halls, a well-furnished Faculty Room and a Language Lab have also been set up in the Academic Building.
- Reception: A well-built reception to meet all student-parent inquiries under one roof.
- Examination Enquiry counter: As B.R Ambedkar is an online portal, students who couldn’t find it on the website, can directly consult from the inquiry counter.
- Student services Counter: to help students with all the online problems