Dravidian University, Kuppam was established in the year 1997. It is located at Kuppam, Chittoor Distt. Andhra Pradesh. Dravidian University has been accredited by NAAC and recognized by UGC. The university has 30 academic departments and 4 centers. It is a state university.
Dravidian University offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma and Certificate courses in various fields. Admissions at Dravidian University to these courses are conducted every year. The ultimate goal of the Dravidian University is to foster and strengthen national integration through a wider knowledge and understanding of Dravidian Languages, Literature, Sciences, Culture, and Technology.
Dravidian University is located in a sylvan surrounding, pollution-free and aesthetically appealing at Srinivasavanam. Therefore, the campus presents a picture of a unique blend of tradition and harmony.
Dravidian University Highlights
Kuppam, Andhra Pradesh
Dravidian University Schools and Departments
- School of Commerce & Management
- School of Education & Human Resource Development
- School of Comparative Literature and Translation Studies
- School of Information Science and Technology
- School of Human and Social Sciences
- School of Herbal Studies and Nature Science
Dravidian University Courses
- B.Sc. Biotechnology, B.A. History, Archaeology &Culture, B.Com, B.B.M., B.S.W. Eligibility- The candidate needs to have passed 12th standard from a recognized board
- B.Ed Eligibility- The candidate needs to have a Bachelor’s degree along with a valid EdCET score.
M.Sc. Biochemistry, Computer Science, Chemistry, Botany, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Zoology, Statistics
B.Sc. in the relevant field, DUCET Rank
MCA Computer Applications
Bachelor’s degree with ICET/ APICET Rank.
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, DUCET Rank
M.A. Music & Performing Arts, Traditional Theatre, Tourism Management, Rural Development Management, Philosophy, Linguistics, Folkloristics
B.Com or B.A. Commerce, DUCET Rank
M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes are also offered at Dravidian University under various specializations.
Diploma and Certificate courses are offered in the following specializations- Tamil Language &Translation Studies, Tamil Language &Translation Studies, Malayalam Language & Translation Studies, and Yoga.
For more information onDravidian University Courses and Fee Structure, click here.
Dravidian University Scholarships
The Dravidian University awards scholarships to those who have achieved the top 3 ranks in the Entrance Exam conducted by the University in Ph. D (full time). The ranked students are given an amount of Rs. 1200 as a scholarship for a period of three years. Along with this, the following scholarships are offered-
- Junior Research Fellowship
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
- Science Meritorious Fellowship
- Telugu wordnet and ILCI fellowships