Tezpur University PhD Admission 2021 shortlisted candidate list for PhD in MBBT program has been declared. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend virtual Personal Interview (PI) to be conducted by the Department on February 15, 2021.
Tezpur University is a Central University located in Tezpur in the North-Eastern state of Assam, India by an act in Parliament of India in 1994. It is a non-affiliating and residential Central University. The University has a variety of UG, PG, Ph.D., Diploma and Certificate courses in various departments in many disciplines and their specializations. The academic programs offered in the University have a distinct focus on science, technology, and humanities, reflecting the objective of the University. Tezpur University Admissions to all courses is based on an entrance exam which is conducted by the university itself. The university also accepts JEE Main for B.Tech admission, CAT / MAT for MBA admission and GATE for M.Tech admission.
- Tezpur University PhD Admission 2020-21: Registration deadline has been further extended till Jan 30, 2021
- Tezpur University, Department of Business Administration welcomes online applications for admission to 2-years full-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) Programs for the academic year of 2021-23. Apply Now
- The last date to apply for the admission process is January 17, 2021 (without late fees). Students belonging to the General/OBC category should pay the application fee of INR 1000. The fees for SC/ST/PWD Candidates are INR 500.
Tezpur University Important Dates
|Online Registration for MBA Starts from||October 19, 2020|
|Last Date of Online Registration||January 17, 2021|
|Last Date of Online Registration with late fees||February 21, 2021|
Click here Tezpur University Cutoff
Tezpur University Highlights
NAAC ‘A’ Grade accredited
Napaam, Sonitpur Tezpur - 784028 Assam, India
Tezpur University Courses
At present, the University offers Doctor of Philosophy programme in 18 disciplines, Masters programme in 21 disciplines, Post-Graduate Diploma in 3 disciplines, B. Tech. in 6 disciplines, a Certificate programme in 3 discipline, Integrated M. Sc. programme in 4 disciplines, Integrated B.A – B. Ed. Programme in 1 discipline, Integrated M. A. in 1 discipline, Integrated B. Sc. B. Ed. Programme in 3 disciplines, Integrated M. Com., Diploma and Advanced Diploma Programme in 1 discipline each.
Tezpur University Admission
Tezpur University Engineering – B.Tech
The university offers B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) in 6 different specializations i.e. Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Food Engineering and Technology, and Mechanical Engineering. The duration of B.Tech program is 4 years. For admission to B.Tech program, applicants have to qualify JEE Main. The university will shortlist candidates on the basis of their rank obtained in JEE Main.
Tezpur University Engineering – M.Tech
Master of Technology is a postgraduate program. The duration of the M.Tech program is 2 years. The minimum eligibility to apply for this program is graduation degree in relevant discipline.
Admission to M.Tech program at Tezpur University is done through GATE. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks will be called for interview round. Qualified candidates in the Personal Interview round will be considered for admission.
Tezpur University MBA Admission
The university provides 2 years MBA program in Management Sciences. To be eligible for admission to the MBA program, students have graduation degree with required marks. The selection is done through CAT / MAT score and Interview round. Listed candidates on the basis of their marks are considered for interview round.
Tezpur University Admission Procedure
- Tezpur University Admission is done through online mode only. The application form is available on the official website of the university, students are required to visit the website and submit their applications.
- The university offers various courses at an undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level in multiple disciplines. It also provides certificate and diploma courses.
- As per eligibility for UG courses, applicants should have passed class 12 with minimum 50% marks from a relevant stream.
- Candidates having a graduation degree in relevant discipline with minimum required marks are eligible to apply for PG courses.
- Admission to all courses is done through an entrance test followed by a personal interview round. Final selection is based on the overall performance of the candidate.
- Except for B.Tech, M.Tech and MBA programs, the university conducts its own entrance exam for admission to all courses.
Tezpur University Scholarships
A limited number of scholarships are offered to Tezpur University students by various Government/semi-Government organizations such as:
1. Institutional fellowship for meritorious Ph.D. students.
2. UGC Merit Scholarship for SC/ST students pursuing PG level professional courses.
3. PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single Girlchild.
4. UGC Merit scholarship for University rank holders.
5. Ishan Uday scholarship for the students (from the NE States) of UG courses.
6. Inspire Scholarship
7. Post Matric Scholarship for SC, ST and OBC students under different schemes of the Govt.
8. Merit-cum-Means Based scholarship for professional and Technical courses (from Ministry of Minority Affairs).
9. Post Matric Scholarship from the Director of Welfare of Tea and Ex-tea garden.
10. AICTE scholarship for the GATE qualified students of M. Tech.
11. DBT scholarship.
12. NEC scholarship from Director of Technical Education.
13. Post Matric Scholarship for students belonging to Minority communities.
14. A Scholarship for differently-abled students from National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation.
Tezpur University Placements
Tezpur University has a uniquely channeled Training & Placement Cell that is designed to work according to the well-being of the interested students in placements. The cell facilitates appropriate utilization of its infrastructure or resources for the companies during the campus placement sessions. Before placing students in front of the authorized company personals, the cell gives many seminars and workshops as practice material for the students to confirm the maximum output of the Tezpur University Placements. Some of the prominent recruiters of the university are Nestle, Airtel, IBM, Tech Mahindra, Amul, Amazon, Asian Paints, Capgemini, Coffee Day, Dabur, HDFC Bank and many more.
Also, Check Tezpur University Placement
Tezpur University Facilities
The University offers a Central Library with a rapidly increasing collection of books, periodicals, and journals. The Central Library holds 53390 books, 5084 back volumes, active subscription to 169 print journals, 778 e-resources, and 3 online Databases.
The University has separate hostels for boys and girls adequate to accommodate all students and research scholars. In total there are 7 women’s and 5 men’s hostels comprising of more than 3300 capacity.
The University has a Health Centre to provide basic medical services with its own medical and paramedical staff. The Health Centre is manned by three full-time highly qualified physicians. Besides, specialist doctors like radiologist, gynecologist, and psychologist regularly visit the University on a weekly basis. The students are also provided with the benefit of a health insurance scheme. The newly admitted student will be covered by the insurance from 25 August 2014.
Tezpur University FAQs
Ques. How to obtain Offline Application for Tezpur University?
Ans. As per recent admission guidelines, applicants are only allowed to submit application forms through online methods. Candidates are allowed to make single application for one particular course during the academic session. It is also necessary for the B.Tech applicants to upload JEE Mains admit card and relevant mark sheets of HSC.
Ques. Is it compulsory to provide Permanent Residence Certificate at Tezpur University for admission?
Ans. Yes, students claiming North state Quota seats at the admission process, must upload PRC certificate along with the online application form. It is also necessary to provide a self attested photocopy of PRC during document verification.
Ques. Can I apply for Part time M.tech course at Tezpur University?
Ans. There is no part time M.tech course available at Tezpur University. The m.tech course is full time for a duration of 2 Years with specialisation in 8 specializations.
Ques. Can I apply for B.tech course at Tezpur University with JEE Mains marks?
Ans. Yes, students with JEE Mains marks are eligible for the admission process. While filling up the application form students need to provide admit card details of JEE mains and score secured in the entrance test. There is a separate “Form No:” column in teh application form , that should be filled with JEE Mains application number.
Ques. What is SSS (Self support scheme) at Tezpur University for admission in various courses?
Ans. The Self Support Scheme is for the waiting list candidates who are eligible for getting admission in SSS seats that are self financed by the students. These seats are provided to the candidates based on the merit rank in the waiting list.