Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore is ranked at #2 by NIRF at Top Management Colleges in India. IIM Bangalore MBA program is the 35 best program globally according to QS World MBA Ranking 2021. The much famed Executive MBA program of IIMB also ranks on #36 globally by QS World EMBA Rankings. IIMB known for its flagship MBA & EMBA program offers admission on 412 seats in both courses. The minimum CAT cutoff required for admission at IIMB is just 85 percentile. However, candidates having a 100 percent cutoff can expect an admission call. Moreover, getting an admission call from IIMB doesn’t mean a guaranteed admission, candidates are further shortlisted on the basis of CAT score, eligibility criteria and called for an interview process. Apart from MBA, IIM Bangalore offers five other programs. Admission to IIM Bangalore EMBA is based on GMAT or GRE scores followed by Executive Assessment Centre (EAC) evaluation. For Ph.D Admissions accepted scores are GMAT / GRE / CAT / GATE / JRF or IIMB Test score followed by an interview. Check IIM Bangalore Course & Fee Structure
IIM Bangalore Key Facts
- IIM Bangalore accepts CAT score for MBA Admission, the minimum overall and sectional score required is 85 and 80 respectively. For EMBA, the Average GMAT score required is 732.
- In 2020 MBA batch of IIM Bangalore, a total of 82 students were inexperienced more than 300 students had a work experience of more than one year.
- The faculty of IIM Bangalore have an average work experience of 10-20 years in the field of research and industry. Check IIM Bangalore Faculty.
- IIM Bangalore degree is recognized globally and the fees for MBA is 23.15 Lakhs. The institute also provides need basis scholarships up to 5 lakhs to meritorious students. Check IIM Bangalore Scholarship
- IIM Bangalore with a 100% placement record and an Average CTC of 26.18 LPA is promising in terms of high ROI. Check IIM Bangalore Placements
The best thing about MBA course is that a student from any field, be it science, commerce or arts, can pursue this 2 year master's degree course.
IIM Bangalore Ranking
In terms of rankings, IIM Bangalore ranks in the top 30 for not just MBA but also for its overall performance and satisfaction. IIM Bangalore has been rated 9.2/10 as per Collegedunia reviews which is a good rating. IIM Bangalore has been ranked by other agencies as well, details of which are tabulated below:
|Ranking System||Year||Ranked At|
|NIRF||2020||2 out of 100|
|Outlook ICARE||2021||2 out of 100|
|QS Global EMBA Ranking||2021||36 out of 100|
|QS Global MBA||2021||35 out of 150|
|Financial Times Global MBA Ranking||2021||35 out of 100|
|Economic Times B-school Ranking||2021||3 out of 50|
Also Check: IIM Bangalore Ranking
IIM Bangalore MBA vs IIM Ahmedabad MBA
- As per ranking: IIM Ahmedabad ranks #1 in 2020, while IIM Bangalore ranked #1 in 2019 by NIRF. The institute is positioned at 2nd place in NIRF 2020 Ranking.
- Both offer MBA degrees in place of PG Diplomas after course completion.
- In terms of fee: Both IIM Bangalore and IIM Ahmedabad charge INR 23 lakhs for its MBA programme. Read: IIM Bangalore MBA Fee
- MBA admission at IIM Bangalore and Ahmedabad are highly selective. Accepting CAT percentile between 99 and 100 and high distinction in academics. Check: IIMs Selection Criteria
- In terms of placements: IIM Ahmedabad leads with the highest CTC of INR 74.6 LPA. in comparison to IIM Bangalore offering between INR 50-55 LPA in 2020. With a promising high ROI.
- Exchange Programmes: IIM Bangalore has partnered with 13 international institutions, IIM Ahmedabad has only 07 international partnerships.
IIM Bangalore Courses: Eligibility, Fee & Selection
IIMB offers a total of 06 programs including Certificate programs. Duration and Fees of which are tabulated below.
|Courses||Course Details||Selection Basis|
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor's degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% aggregate (for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD category, there is a relaxation to 45%)
|CAT / GMAT (international candidates) + WAT / PI|
Duration: 1 year + 5 years Work Experience
Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum aggregate of 50% aggregate (there is a 5% relaxation for SC, ST and PwD category candidates) + 5 years (and preferably less than 12 years) of work experience
|GMAT or GRE|
|PGP in Enterprise Management (PGPEM)||
Duration: 2 years (Weekend)
Eligibility: Bachelor's degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% in any discipline Or Minimum 4 years of work experience after the Bachelor’s degree.
|CAT / GMAT / GRE / IIMB Test|
|PGP in Business Analytics (PGPBA)||
Duration: 2 years (Full time)
Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum aggregate of 50%
|CAT / GMAT (international candidates) + WAT / PI|
|PGP in Public Policy & Management (PGPPM)||
Duration: 1 year (Full time)
Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum aggregate of 50% + 5-years of work experience
|CAT / GMAT / GRE / IIMB Test + PI + Case Analysis|
Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: A master's degree or a 5-year integrated master’s degree with at least 55% aggregate in bachelor’s as well in the master’s OR A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS with at least 50% aggregate OR A 4-year bachelor's degree with at least 6.5 CGPA or equivalent aggregate.
|GMAT / GRE / CAT / GATE / JRF or IIMB Test|
IIM Bangalore Admissions
Admission to various courses at IIM Bangalore is based on respective entrance exams. There are personal interviews or Aptitude Test rounds as well.
Applicants must qualify bachelor’s or master’s depending upon the admission criteria requirement. MBA admission accepts CAT (domestic) and GMAT (foreign). EMBA requires either GMAT or GRE scores followed by EAC evaluation. CAT / GMAT entrances are common for PGPEM and an aptitude test. Phd accepts JRF or IIMB Test plus interview for admission.
How to Apply?
- Fill the application form through the official website of the Institute.
- Submit detailed information along with the CAT Score or other scores.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview and Written Ability Test.
- They will then have to register upon receiving the mail for the interview.
- Candidates must select their interview city and other details and submit.
Check: IIM Bangalore Admission
IIM Bangalore Cutoff
In 2020, te overall CAT Cutoff dropped to 85 in comparison to 90 in the previous years. Admissions amid COVID-19 have had their challenges as well. From a sectional cutoff of 90 in 2019, IIM Bangalore reduced it to 85 this year. Check the following table for reference:
|Category||VARC||DILR||QUANT||CAT 2020 Overall percentile|
For more details read: IIM Bangalore Cutoff
IIM Bangalore Placement
IIM Bangalore Placement 2021
IIM Bangalore has concluded its placements for MBA batch 2019-2021. The institute witnessed 100% placements record with 481 offers rolled out to 435 students within the first two days of interview process. The major recruiting companies were McKinsey and Company, TCS, Boston Consulting Group, Kearney, IBM Consulting PricewaterhouseCoopers, Alvarez and Marsal, Arthur D. Little and etc.
Sectors like Consulting and Product Management made maximum offers to students. The Consulting companies made 165 placement offers followed by IT and Finance companies with 78 and 67 offers respectively. For information, check: IIM Bangalore Placement
IIM Bangalore Placement 2020
As per 2020 placement statistics, IIM Bangalore has managed to have 100% placements for MBA with highest recruitments in Sales & Marketing of 16%. The table below gives insight to key statistics course wise:
|No. of Eligible Students||432||75||9|
|No. of Companies||120||26||-|
|No. of Offers||518||67||3|
|Average Domestic CTC||INR. 26.18 LPA||INR. 29.88 LPA||-|
|Median Domestic CTC||INR. 25 LPA||INR. 28.50 LPA||-|
IIM Bangalore Scholarship
There are a number of scholarships awarded to the students of Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore upon fulfilling a basic criteria. The various types of scholarships offered are:
Privately Offered Scholarships:
- Aditya Birla Scholarship: The scholarship is offered to the students in 1st as well as 2nd year. It's a merit based scholarship of PGP students and the amount is INR 1.75 Lakh per student.
- OPJEMS Scholarship: This merit-based scholarship is given to PGP students of the second year. The first ten toppers of 2nd year based on the academic performance in the first year are eligible to apply on the basis of online test conducted by OP Jindal Group one student of each academic year will be awarded. The scholarship amount is INR 1.50 lakh
- Siddhartha Padam Award: This scholarship is awarded to a PGP student who is on the Director’s Merit List and gets the highest CGPA in the Economics, Finance & Accounting core courses in the first year. It carries a cash prize of INR 50,000, a medallion and a certificate.
- Hindustan Unilever / T Thomas Scholarship: This merit-cum-means scholarship is given by HUL to one PGP second-year student. The scholarship of INR 1 lakh
- Yes Bank Scholarship: This scholarship of INR 2 lakhs is open to students who are among the top 20 students as per the admission criteria, belong to the top 20% of the batch based on the current CGPA and are members of at least one student committee. Read More IIM Bangalore Scholarships
IIMB Alumni Scholarships:
- IIMB PGP Alumni First Batch (1976) Scholarship: This scholarship is given to a differently-abled woman student from PGP. The scholarship aims to assist a differently-abled female student (or male student, if there is no eligible female student). The scholarship carries a purse of INR 75000, a medallion and a certificate.
- Runwal Education Trust Scholarship: This scholarship is given to a PGP student based on a combination of academic performance in the 1st year and the student’s financial need. The scholarship carries a purse of INR 100000, a medallion and a certificate.
Government Funded Scholarships:
- NTPC Scholarship Scheme: The scholarship amounts to INR 48,000 per year. Students who belong to SC/ST/PwD categories and are in their second year of management studies, having passed the first-year examination in one attempt, are eligible for the scholarship.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs Scholarship (ST): The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India invites applications for the National Scholarship for Higher Education for Scheduled Tribe students of PGP first year. This is a means scholarship that covers tuition expenses in full.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Scholarship (SC): The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Government of India invites applications for the National Scholarship for Higher Education for Scheduled Caste students from Meritorious SC students PGP first year. This is a means scholarship that covers tuition expenses in full.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Department of Persons with Disabilities (PwD): A person with a disability having not less than 40% disability and having a disability certificate issued by any competent medical authority. This is a means scholarship is 2,55,000 per year.
IIM Bangalore Alumni & Startups
IIM Bangalore has a wide network of alumni and till date more than 20,000 people have graduated from IIM Bangalore. Some of the notable Alumni of IIM Bangalore are as follows:
- Aswath Damodaran – Kerschner Family Chairperson in Finance Education & Professor of Finance in Stern School of Business, NYU.
- Gopal Krishna Nayak – Former Director IIT Bhubneshwar
- Karan Bajaj – American Author
- Damodar Mall – CEO, Reliance Retail
- Apurva Purohit – President , Jagran Prakahan Limited
- K Radhakrishan – Former Chairman, ISRO
- Hasmukh Adhia – IAS, Revenue Secretary of India
IIM Bangalore Alumni Startups
- Urban Ladder
- WhiteHat Jr
- Treebo Hotels
IIM Bangalore Exchange Programmes
In comparison to IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore has more and better options available to choose from for exchange programs. IIM Bangalore offers 13 wide options while IIM Ahmedabad has limited its options to 07 only. Read on for IIMB’s international collaborations:
- Booth School Of Business
- Yale School Of Management
- Stern School of Business
- London Business School
- Fuqua School of Business
- UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Johnson Cornell
- Australian School of Business
- Melbourne Business School
- University of NSW
- McGill University
- Queen’s School Of Business.
Ques. What is the International selection process for IIM Bangalore MBA?
Ans. IIM Bangalore MBA International Admission is conducted via GMAT score. Interested candidates can submit a direct application. The final selection is based on following components performance:
- GMAT score
- Scholastic Achievement
- Work Experience
- Writing Ability Test Performance
Ques. What certificate courses offered at IIM Bangalore?
Ans. IIM Bangalore offer fellowship Certificate courses such as:
- Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship: Candidates with bachelor’s degree are eligible for this course. The selection is based on Aptitude exam testing applicant’s General Awareness (GA), Quantitative Ability (QA), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)..
- N.S. Ramaswamy Pre-doctoral Fellowship: This is a preparatory course for doctoral program.The duration of the program is one year.
Ques. What scholarships available at IIM Bangalore?
Ans. The scholarships available for IIM Bangalore Students are:
- Aditya Birla Scholarship: Top 25% students of first year are awarded with INR 1.75 Lakhs Per student.
- OPJEMS Scholarship: 2nd Year PGP students and 10 toppers of the class eligible for this scholarship. It awards INR 1.50 Lakhs. OP Jindal Group conducts online tests and selects one student in each academic year.
- Financial Aid: IIM Bangalore offers Financial Aids to PGP Stdunest with Family Income below INR 8 LPA. The Aid offers financial need scores providing 100%, 80%, 60%, 40% or 20% financial aid. Check IIM Bangalore Scholarship
Ques. What are the top recruiters of IIM Bangalore?
Ans. The top recruiters of IIM Bangalore are McKinsey and Company, Boston Consulting Group, Kearney, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Tata Consultancy Services, Alvarez and Marsal, Arthur D. Little, IBM Consulting.
Ques. How good is IIM Bangalore PGP Placements?
Ans. Yes, in recent placement, students have obtained INR 25 LPA Average CTC with 481 offers. In the first two days of placement drive, a batch of 435 students secured 100% placement. Check IIM Bangalore Placement
Ques. Is IIM Bangalore better than IIM Ahmedabad?
Ans. Both IIM Bangalore and IIM Ahmedabad are at par with each other. The ranking fluctuates yearly. Sometimes IIM Bangalore ranks higher than IIM Ahmedabad or it is vice versa in other cases. Both IIMs offer a top ranking MBA programme which has promising career prospects. Check IIM Bangalore & IIM Ahmedabad
Ques. What is the status of summer internships at IIM Bangalore?
Ans. The key statistics for 2020 summer internship placements for MBA students are as follows:
|Top Sector recruitment||Consulting: 144 offers|
|Top Recruiters||Goldman Sachs, CDC Group, Avendus Capital, Citibank, etc.|
For more details, check: IIM Bangalore Placement
Ques. What was the batch profile of IIM Bangalore’s MBA batch of 20-22?
Ans. The batch of 20-22 of MBA at IIM Bangalore included the following type of students:
|IIM Bangalore MBA Batch Data||MBA 2020-22|
|Batch Strength||488 students|
|Engineering Background||423 students|
|Non-Engineering Background||65 students|
|Average Work Experience||2 Years|
|Average Age||25 Years|
|CAT 2020 Overall Score||85|
Ques. What is the fee break up of MBA at IIM Bangalore?
Ans. The fee break up for IIM Bangalore MBA Fee is as follows:
- The total fee for 2 years: INT 23 lakhs
- Caution Deposit: INR 15,000
- Hostel Fee: INR 5,000
Ques. Which is better at IIM Bangalore weekend or full time MBA?
Ans. Both the courses offered at IIM Bangalore have their plus points.
Full time MBA:
- Applicants ideal are fresh graduates with bare minimum work experience.
- Placement opportunities are available in abundance.
- 2 years is the course duration.
- Would not require candidates to quit their jobs.
- Classes can be attended as per convenience.
- Not very good job prospects.
For more details check here.