National Institute of Technology is a Deemed University located in Surathkal, Karnataka. The institute is approved by The University Grants Commission (UGC) and All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). NITK offers B.Tech., M.Tech., M.Sc., MBA, MCA and Ph.D. research program. Admission to all the courses will be on the basis of Entrance Exams – JEE Main (B.Tech.), GATE (M.Tech.), CAT/ GMAT (MBA) and NIMCET (MCA).
Get details on NITK, Surathkal Admissions.
Find information on NITK, Surathkal Courses & Fees.
NITK, Surathkal Highlights
Number of Departments
1,30,006 documents (Printed and Non-Printed)
414 Journals Subscribed
2,000 Online Journals accessed.
5,000 Intake Capacity
How to Reach
2.3 kms (from Surathkal Bus Stop)
17.2 kms (from Mangalore Railway Station)
19.5 kms (from Mangalore International Airport)
NITK, Surathkal Courses and Admission
NITK, Surathkal B.Tech. Admission
Admission to the B.Tech. Program is done on basis of marks acquired by a candidate in 10+2 (Science Stream) or equivalent and JEE Main Entrance exam.
- CBSE – Minimum 75% marks.
- JEE Entrance Exam – Valid Score.
Final Selection to the program is based on the allocation of seats through JoSSA Counselling (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
NITK, Surathkal M.Tech. and M.Sc. Admission
NITK, Surathkal offers twenty five specializations under M.Tech. Program and two specializations under M.Sc. program. Candidates applying for M.Tech. and M.Sc. must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with Minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Selection for M.Tech. Program is made on the basis of GATE Entrance exam score acquired by the candidate. Final selections to M.Sc. will be based on Written Examination/ Personal Interview conducted by the Institute.
NITK, Surathkal MBA and MCA Admission
Admission to the MBA and MCA Programs are done on basis of marks acquired by a candidate in Bachelor’s Degree (relevant Stream) or equivalent and required Entrance exam.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Minimum 60% marks.
- CAT/ GMAT Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for MBA).
- NIMCET Entrance Exam – Valid Score (for MCA).
Final Selection to MBA program is based on the candidate’s performance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by NITK. Whereas allocation of seats for MCA are done through NIMCET Counselling.
NITK, Surathkal Ph.D. Admission
NITK, Surathkal offers three-year full time Ph.D. research program. Candidates applying for this course must hold Master’s degree from a recognized Institute/University with at least 55% marks in aggregate. Admission to Ph.D. program will be on the basis of candidate’s performance in Entrance Exam/ Personal Interview conducted by the Institute.
Get information on NITK, Surathkal Courses & Fees.
Find NITK, Surathkal Cutt-off.
NITK, Surathkal Placement
NITK, Surathkal offers Placements to candidates on the basis of the marks acquired consistently over the years in their respective course.
Find detailed information on NITK, Surathkal Placements.
NITK, Surathkal Ranking
Body / Magazine
NITK, Surathkal Scholarships
Scholarships are offered to deserving candidates on ‘merit’ and ‘merit-cum-means’ basis.
- Merit Scholarship: Awarded to top 5 candidates in order of merit in JEE Main Entrance Exam. Provided that candidates score more than 90% marks in 10+2. Amount of scholarship will be Rs. 10,000 every year.
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship: Awarded to top 50 candidates in order of merit in JEE Main Entrance Exam. Provided that candidates score more than 70% marks in 10+2 and their family income is below Rs. 4.5 lakhs p.a. Amount of scholarship will be Rs. 2,000 per month.
NITK, Surathkal Facilities
- Central Computer lab.
- Bank and Post Office.
- Guest House.
- Health Centre.
- Shopping Complex.
- Open Air Theater with intake capacity of 1000 people.
- Auditorium with intake capacity of 1200 people.
- Games Court for all major outdoor games & sports activities.
- Indoor games equipment.
- Vehicle Section.