National Institute of Technology, Suratkhal (NIT Suratkhal) is a Deemed University. It is located in Suratkhal, Karnataka. The institute is recognized UGC and approved AICTE. It is one of the oldest and pioneer Technical Institutions in India started in 1960. NITK offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in various specializations. Admissions at NIT Suratkhal to these courses are conducted every year and are done on the basis of various national level entrance examination like JEE Main and GATE.
NIT Surathkal Highlights
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Entrance test||JEE Main, GATE|
NIT Surathkal Courses
Given below are the academic programs offered by the Insitute under various specializations:
|B.Tech||Information Technology||Intermediate graduate with 75% marks with PCM/PCB, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination |
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.|
|M.Tech||Computer Science & Engineering||B.Tech in relevant discipline with at least 60% marks in the aggregate|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engg. |
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|MBA||-||Graduate with 60% marks in any discipline (55% for reserved categories)|
|M.Sc||Physics||B.Sc in Chemistry/ Physics with 60% marks |
|Ph.D.||-||Master’s degree in relevant discipline with 65% marks |
Know more NIT Surathkal Courses and Fees
NIT Surathkal Admissions
Mentioned below is the selection criteria followed by the Insitute to take admission in various courses.
- B.Tech – Admission to the B.Tech. Program is done on the basis of marks acquired by a candidate in 10+2 (Science Stream) or equivalent and JEE Entrance Exam. Final Selection to the program is based on the allocation of seats through JoSSA Counselling (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
- M.Tech and M.Sc – Selection is made on the basis of GATE Entrance exam score acquired by the candidate. Final selections to M.Sc. will be based on Written Examination/ Personal Interview conducted by the Institute.
- MBA and MCA – Admission in the programs are done on the basis of merit scored in CAT/ GMAT and NIMCET for MBA and MCA respectively. Final Selection to the MBA program is based on the candidate’s performance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by NITK. Whereas allocation of seats for MCA is done through NIMCET Counselling.
- Ph.D. – Selection to Ph.D. programs are done on the basis of academic performance as well as an aptitude test and interview conducted by the respective departments.
Check NIT Suratkhal Fee Structure
NIT Surathkal Reservation
Reservation is available as per norms prescribed by the Government of India. The following table marks the percentage of seats reserved category-wise:
|Category||Reservation of seats (In percentage)|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|PwD (40% or more disability)||3%|
Additionally, the institute reserves 5% of the total seats for female candidates. Seats are also reserved for candidates with a defense background.
NIT Surathkal Placements
NIT Surathkal offers Placements to candidates on the basis of the marks acquired consistently over the years in their respective course. The students were successfully placed for the previous batch. They got jobs in top corporations in the industry. Top recruiters include Bosch, ITC, Deloitte, Blue Star, Hero, HSBC Bank, Philips, Myntra Design, Coal India Ltd., Cerner, Indian Navy, Make My Trip, Freudenberg, JP Morgan, Coca-Cola India, Tricon Energy, Oracle, Dell, Amazon, Adobe, etc.
Placement Highlights 2017-18
|Total No. of students placed||870|
|Total no. of companies visited||256|
|No. of B.Tech placed students||610|
|No. of M.Tech students placed||161|
|No. of MCA students||67|
|Highest Package (UG)||INR 36.6 LPA|
|Highest Package (PG)||INR 22 LPA|
NIT Surathkal Scholarships
Scholarships are offered to deserving candidates on ‘merit’ and ‘merit-cum-means’ basis.
- Merit Scholarship: Awarded to top 5 candidates in order of merit in JEE Main Entrance Exam. Provided that candidates score more than 90% marks in 10+2. Amount of scholarship will be Rs. 10,000 every year.
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship: Awarded to top 50 candidates in order of merit in JEE Main Entrance Exam. Provided that candidates score more than 70% marks in 10+2 and their family income is below Rs. 4.5 lakhs p.a. Amount of scholarship will be Rs. 2,000 per month.
- Full-time research scholars are eligible for a fellowship of Rs. 25,000/- pm for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/-pm for the remaining two years on satisfactory progress.
- 150 Institute's fellowships are available at the Institute level which is flexible for department-wise allocation.
- Full-time sponsored candidates may receive complete financial support including stipend, contingency grants and project expenses from the sponsoring organizations.
NIT Surathkal Facilities
- Central Computer lab.
- Bank and Post Office.
- Guest House.
- Health Centre.
- Shopping Complex.
- Open Air Theater with an intake capacity of 1000 people.
- Auditorium with intake capacity of 1200 people.