Centurion University of Technology and Management (CUTM) is a private state university in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. The journey of this university began in 1997 when Jagganath Institute for Technology and Management (JITM) was established by JITM trust in Parlakhemundi, Gajapati district. In 2005 Centurion University of Technology and Management was declared as a multi-sector private state university. Currently, the university has four constituent colleges which include a School of Management, School of Engineering & Technology, School of Agricultural Science, School of Basic Sciences and School of Vocational Education & Training.
CUTM Key Points
- University is UGC notified, AICTE approved and accredited by NBA. It offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in engineering, management, and applied sciences.
- University has signed MoUs and has made agreements for skill development programs with some international universities and some national centers. Some of them are- Queensland University of Technology (Australia), SAP India, University of Southern Queensland, WCD Department (Govt. of Odisha) etc.
- It has also a partnership with some industries for vocational training. Such as- the partnership with IBM for establishing the center of excellence, MoU with Infosys for campus connect, with Ashok Leyland for vocational training etc.
- In addition to that university receives corporate sponsorships from SAIL, NALCO, Axis Bank, HPCL, GOI etc.
- University has a Career Development Cell which focuses on providing campus recruitment opportunities to all eligible students. Centurian university faculty is also friendly with their students and highly specialized in their respective fields. Some prominent recruiters of the university are- Accenture, Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys, Dell, IBM, Honda, Samsung, Axis Bank, ING Vysya Bank, Bosch, Nissan Renault etc.
Centurion University Courses
The 10+2 examination is mandatory to apply for B.Tech(4 years)
Candidate should have regular full-time formal education in their schooling/college.
At least 45% marks in PCM in 10+2
Should have born on 1.07.1995 born or after that.
Entrance Test: CUEE/JEE MAIN/ AIEEE or any National Level Test
Candidate should pass in 10+2 or its equivalent public examination conducted by any recognized Board of Education in India or abroad
B.Arch (5 years)
10+2 from a recognized board or its equivalent subject to securing 50% aggregate with mathematics as a subject at the higher secondary level and a pass in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture conducted by CoA, New Delhi either in 2018 0r 2019. Candidate should have born on or after 1.07.1995.
Students should have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with at least 45% marks.
Candidate passed or appeared 10+2 in 2019 in any stream are eligible for admission in Bachelor in Media Communication.
Centurion University of Technology courses at Postgraduate level under different programs are given below along with the eligibility
Qualified in B.Tech in the appropriate branch of Engineering of the university or a degree recognized as equivalent to it by the University. Percentage marks or Cumulative grade points average based on the performance at the B.Tech examination. One should satisfy the criteria fixed by the Academic Council for the purpose of admission such as GATE qualified candidates shall be accorded preference in the process of selection.
Candidate pass or appearing in 2019 for the Bachelor’s degree examination in any discipline from any University of India or equivalent recognized by UGC. Qualified in any of the nationally accepted entrance tests like CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CET of states.
There is no Age limit to for admission to MBA course.
Candidate should get 50% of marks in any stream at Bachelor levels with proficiency in English is eligible for Master in Media and Education.
Centurion University Placement
Centurion University placements are strong. In 2017 the minimum salary offered by the companies in CUTM is ₹1,20,000, Maximum salary goes up to ₹ 420,000.00, Average salary goes up to ₹200,000.00 and Median goes up to 150,000.00
The university provides all the requisite facilities to the students whether it be academic or accommodative. Some of the facilities are described below-
- The University library has a collection of a comprehensive assortment of over 50,000 books covering totally different study.
- It has 12942 titles & 53745 volumes.
- The library subscribes to 84 national and 29 international journals and 56 magazines.
- More than 5,000 electronic journals like- IEEASPP, ELSVIER, J-GATE, ASTM & DL etc.
Medical Facilities: A Health Centre as well as woman Doctors square measure conducted sporadically for all students and employees. The establishment incorporates a tie-up with putative hospitals for emergency cases.
Hostel: CUTM is a residential university and has 6 hostels for boys and 2 for girls. These hostels are within the campus premises which provide comfortable accommodation.
Transport: University has 13 buses for convenient mobility of students and staff members.
Civic Amenities: The campuses have their own civic facilities like a water system, sewerage and electrical with the provision of high-powered still generators to confirm uninterrupted power provide in each of the buildings. Associate communication system connects offices and hostels within the field to facilitate the free flow of communication.
University organizes various cultural and technical events and festivals throughout the academic year. Some main festivals are-
- Shatajyotee: It is the annual cultural festival.
- Gajajyoti: It is a techno-management cultural festival.
CUTM scholarships to the meritorious students, to students whose family is financially weak and students from SC, ST, OBC & Minority communities. A total of 2321 students have been covered under the scholarships in the year 2015-16. The details are given below:
LAST FOUR YEARS SCHOLARSHIP RECEIVED INFORMATION (JITM & CIT CAMPUS)
TOTAL STUDENTS BENEFITTED
TOTAL AMOUNT RECEIVED BY THE STUDENTS