Orissa University Of Agriculture & Technology (OUAT), Bhubaneswar established in 1962 with only two Colleges of Agriculture and Veterinary Science aspires to become a Premier Farm University in India. It is ranked 11th among Agricultural Universities of India and 137th in NIRF rankings of Indian Universities. The University went on opening a number of colleges after its inception and currently has more than 12 colleges under its affiliation.
|Mode of Applications||Online|
|Entrance Exam||CET by OUAT|
OUAT Constituent Colleges
- College of Agriculture
- College of Forestry
- College of Community Science
- Agro Polytechnic
- College of Horticulture
- College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
- College of Fisheries
- College of Home Science
- College of Basic Science & Humanities
- College of Agriculture Engineering & Technology
- Centre for P.G Studies
OUAT Bhubaneswar offers a variety of programs all divided into its constituent colleges. The Bachelor and Postgraduate programs are offered in field of Agriculture and Forestry.
|B.Sc Agriculture/ Home Science/ Horticulture/ Forestry||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in PCM OR PCB|
|B.F.Sc./ B.V.Sc. and A.H.||10 +2 with a minimum of 50% in PCB|
|B.Tech. Agricultural Engineering||10 +2 with a minimum of 50% in PCM for B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering|
|M.Sc||Degree from universities recognized by state/ Central Govt. in B.Sc(Ag)/ B.Sc(Hort)|
|M.Sc. (Ag.) Statistics/ M.Sc. (Ag.) Biotechnology||B.Sc.(Ag.)/ B.Sc. (Hort.)/B.V.Sc.& A.H./ B.Tech. (Agri.Engg.) from any recognized university by state/ central govt.|
|M.Sc. (Ag.) Biotechnology||B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc. (Fo.)/B.Sc.(Hort.)from Universities recognized by State / Central Government|
|M.Sc.(Forestry Science)||B.Sc.(Forestry) from Universities recognized by State/Central Government|
|M.Tech||B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering or B.Sc in Agricultural Engineering and Technology.|
Check OUAT Courses and Fees
The selection of the candidates for admission to the UG and PG courses is done on the basis of the Common Entrance Test (CET) is an entrance examination which is conducted by the university.
- The candidates for admission can download the concerned admission application form available at the official university website and submit them online using the SBI website. The candidates for admission must also submit the required fees of Rs. 1000/- through the available online payment mode.
- After appearing in the Entrance Examination on the scheduled date, the candidate shall have to download a hard copy of admission application Form-B’ available in the prospectus and submit it along with self-attested photocopies of required documents and testimonials to the following address through Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service within the due date.
Read MoreOUAT Admissions
Scholarship offered by the University
OUAT offers a number of scholarships on the basis of merit. The assistantships are awarded from State as well as Central Government.
|Scholarship etc.awarding Agency||Nature of Assistance||Value (INR) Per Month||Appropriate Number|
|O.U.A.T||Merit Scholarship||500||15% of the total strength|
|O.U.A.T||Free Studentship||500||10% of the total strength excluding cost-sharing seats|
Scholarship offered by the State Government:
|Name||Amount ( in INR) Per Month||Receiving Unit|
|National Scholarship||750||For Hosteller|
|170||For Day Scholar|
|80||As Decided by D.H.E|
|Teacher’s kid Scholarship||125||-|
|Freedom Fighters Scholarship||50||As decided by the college committee.|
|Jr. College Merit Scholarships||40||-|
|Sr. College Merit Scholarships||50||As decided by SC/ST Development, Minorities and Backward Classes Welfare Department|
|Post-Matric Scholarships||Tuition Fees and Maintenance Cost||-|
OUAT Other Facilities
- The college has a collection of more than 90,781 lakh volumes of books. There are 133 foreign and Indian subscribed journals, 3374 theses and dissertations.
- The Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology is having its own health center, which is established on the main campus to cater to the needs of the teacher, students, and staff.
- Free medicines to staff and students of OUAT.