OUAT has released the list of vacant seats for B.F.Sc, B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry and B.Sc (Community Science) Spot Admission, to be held on February 5, 2021. Candidates have to pay the requisite fee to confirm spot admission.
Orissa University Of Agriculture & Technology (OUAT), Bhubaneswar established in 1962, has collaborated with IIT Roorkee and IIT Delhi for agricultural research and education. OUAT is ranked 101st by the NIRF for the Overall performance of the University in 2019.
The university offers UG, PG, and Doctoral programs in the fields of Agriculture, Home Science, Horticulture, Forestry, Agricultural Engineering, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Computer Science, Agricultural Business Management, and Bioinformatics. Admission to the program is based on an entrance exam conducted by the University. Students with ICAR test score are exempted from the entrance exam. The application process for the same in both online and offline.
Check More: OUAT Reviews
OUAT Important Dates 2020
|Last date to apply for the M.sc program||10 Sep, 2020|
|Online application for PG courses form filling dates||12 Aug - 11 Sep, 2020|
|Last date to update or enter the qualifying examination OGP A/mark||20 Sep, 2020|
|UG program entrance exam||11 Oct, 2020|
|Application form B submission dates||15 Sep - 30 Sep, 2020|
|OUAT UG Entrance Exam for Agro-Polytechnic Passed Out Students||08 Nov, 2020|
|OUAT PG Entrance Exam||15 Nov, 2020|
|Registration Deadline for MBA, MCA and M.Sc. in Bioinformatics||05 Dec, 2020|
|Post Graduate (Agril and Allied subjects) Application Editing Window||20 Nov, 2020|
|Result Declaration of OUAT Entrance Exam UG 2020||18 Nov, 2020|
|Last Date to Register and Fill Choice for OUAT UG Counselling and Admission||04 Dec, 2020|
|Established | Type||1962 | State|
|Recognized by||ICAR and UGC|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance exam|
|Accepted exam score||Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT entrance exam)|
|Application mode||Online and offline|
|Median Salary package||INR 2.5 LPA to INR 6 LPA|
OUAT Bhubaneswar offers a variety of programs all divided into its constituent colleges. The Bachelor and Postgraduate programs are offered in the field of Agriculture and Forestry.
|B.Sc Agriculture/ Home Science/ Horticulture/ Forestry||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in PCM OR PCB|
|B.F.Sc./ B.V.Sc. and A.H.||10 +2 with a minimum of 50% in PCB|
|B.Tech. Agricultural Engineering||10 +2 with a minimum of 50% in PCM for B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering|
|M.Sc||Degree from universities recognized by state/ Central Govt. in B.Sc(Ag)/ B.Sc(Hort)|
|M.Sc. (Ag.) Statistics/ M.Sc. (Ag.) Biotechnology||B.Sc.(Ag.)/ B.Sc. (Hort.)/B.V.Sc.& A.H./ B.Tech. (Agri.Engg.) from any recognized university by state/ central govt.|
|M.Sc. (Ag.) Biotechnology||B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc. (Fo.)/B.Sc.(Hort.)from Universities recognized by State / Central Government|
|M.Sc.(Forestry Science)||B.Sc.(Forestry) from Universities recognized by State/Central Government|
|M.Tech||B.Tech in Agriculture Engineering or B.Sc in Agricultural Engineering and Technology.|
The selection of the candidates for admission to the UG and PG courses is done on the basis of the Common Entrance Test (CET) is an entrance examination which is conducted by the university.
- The candidates for admission can download the concerned admission application form available at the official university website and submit them online using the SBI website. The candidates for admission must also submit the required fees of Rs. 1000/- through the available online payment mode.
- After appearing in the Entrance Examination on the scheduled date, the candidate shall have to download a hard copy of admission application Form-B’ available in the prospectus and submit it along with self-attested photocopies of required documents and testimonials to the following address through Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service within the due date.
Read More OUAT Admissions
OUAT Cut off
|Opening Rank||Closing Rank||Opening Rank||Closing Rank||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|B.Sc (Agriculture) BBSR||77.16||72.54||72.58||68.9||72.6||62.4|
|B.Sc. (Agriculture), Chiplima||70.69||68.05||68.6||67.45||62.4||61.8|
|B.V.Sc & A.H.||70.99||68.75||74.10||73.08||64.54||59.73|
Check More: OUAT Cut off
Scholarship offered by the University
OUAT offers a number of scholarships on the basis of merit. The assistantships are awarded from State as well as Central Government.
|Scholarship awarding Agency||Nature of Assistance||Value (INR) Per Month||Appropriate Number|
|O.U.A.T||Merit Scholarship||500||15% of the total strength|
|O.U.A.T||Free Studentship||500||10% of the total strength excluding cost-sharing seats|
Scholarship offered by the State Government:
|Name||Amount ( in INR) Per Month||Receiving Unit|
|National Scholarship||750||For Hosteller|
|170||For Day Scholar|
|80||As Decided by D.H.E|
|Teacher’s kid Scholarship||125||-|
|Freedom Fighters Scholarship||50||As decided by the college committee.|
|Jr. College Merit Scholarships||40||-|
|Sr. College Merit Scholarships||50||As decided by SC/ST Development, Minorities and Backward Classes Welfare Department|
|Post-Matric Scholarships||Tuition Fees and Maintenance Cost||-|
The students from Orissa University Agriculture and Technology get placements every year. The median salary packages offered to these students range between INR 3 LPA to INR 6 LPA. Below are the placement trends of 2020, 2019, and 2018.
|Category||Median Salary 2020||Median Salary 2019||Median Salary 2018|
|3-years UG Program||INR 2.5 LPA||-||-|
|4-years UG Program||INR 4.6 LPA||INR 4.5 LPA||INR 3.8 LPA|
|5-years UG Program||INR 6 LPA||INR 6 LPA||-|
|2-years PG Program||INR 5.4 LPA||INR 5.2 LPA||INR 4.2 LPA|
OUAT Constituent Colleges
- College of Agriculture, Bhubaneswar
- College of Agriculture, Chiplima, Sambalpur
- College of Agriculture, Bhawanipatna
- College of Forestry, Bhubaneswar
- College of Horticulture, Chiplima, Sambalpur
- College of Community Science
- College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Bhubaneswar
- College of Fisheries, Rangeilunda, Brahmapur
- College of Home Science, Bhubaneswar
- College of Basic Science & Humanities, Bhubaneswar
- College of Agriculture Engineering & Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Centre for P.G Studies, Bhubaneswar
Read More: OUAT Affiliated Colleges
OUAT Other Facilities
- The college has a collection of more than 90,781 lakh volumes of books. There are 133 foreign and Indian subscribed journals, 3374 theses, and dissertations.
- The Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology is having its own health center, which is established on the main campus to cater to the needs of the teacher, students, and staff.
- Free medicines to staff and students of OUAT.
Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology is working under the following projects:
- All India Coordinated Research Projects
- Govt. of India Projects
- Adhoc Research Projects
- NATP Projects
- ARIS Project
Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology has a total of 383 regular faculty members working at the positions of Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professors. Out of the total faculty members, 365 members hold a doctoral degree in their specialized fields. The strength of the faculty members including the regular and contractual basis is as follows:
- Professor: 130
- Associate Professor: 93
- Assistant Professor: 331
Read More: OUAT Faculty
Ques. What additional charges are to be paid at the time of OUAT admission?
Ans. Additional charges to be paid at the time of OUAT admission are:
- Registration fee: INR 200
- Recognition fee: INR 100
- Identity card: INR 100
- Library Caution money: INR 500
- Laboratory Caution Money: INR 1000
- Cultural fee: INR 600
- Fee for Sports including yoga: INR 600
- Provisional degree certificate: INR 200
- Consolidated Semester Transcript: INR 300
- Migration Certificate: INR 200
Ques. What are the best books for OUAT preparation?
Ans. There are no books for OUAT preparation as such, questions in the OUAT entrance exam come mostly from NCERT. So, prepare well from the 11th and 12th NCERT books. Go through the previous year’s question papers. Also, you can go through Arihant publication ‘all in one ‘ series for physics and chemistry.
Ques. Which entrance exam is good and easier: OUAT or ICAR?
Ans. Both examinations have the same difficulty level. Whether it’s OUAT or ICAR, you need to prepare hard for both the exams. The only difference between both the exams is that, if you qualify for the OUAT examination, you will get colleges that are under OUAT only. Whereas, if you qualify for the ICAR examination, you will get any State Agriculture Universities including OUAT.
Ques. What is a cost-sharing seat at OUAT?
>Ans. There are two types of seats at OUAT, i.e., Free seats and Cost-sharing seats. The cost-sharing seat is self-financing seats where students pay readmission fees every year which is almost equal to the fees paid the first time.
Ques. What are the subjects in OUAT?
Ans. Subjects offered in OUAT are:
- Home Science
- Agricultural Engineering
- Computer Science
- Agricultural Business Management
Ques. Is it easy to seek admission in a BSc in agriculture at OUAT with a score of 90 in the OUAT CEE?
Ans. If you belong to the General category, your 10th and 12th marks should be 95% which increases the chances of you getting a seat in cost-sharing. Whereas, at Chiplima and Bhawanipatna College of Agriculture you may get a free seat in B.Sc Agriculture with the same score.
Ques. What is the reservation policy at OUAT for the UG courses?
Ans. The reservation policy at OUAT for the UG courses is:
- ICAR/VCI: 15%
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
- GCH: 5%
- PH: 3%
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission?
Ans. Documents required at the time of admission are:
- 10th marks sheet and certificate from a recognized board
- 10+2 or equivalent marks sheet and certificate from a recognized university or board.
- Bachelor’s Degree marks sheet and certificate of a recognized university.
- Residential certificate as applicable.
- Special quota certificates, if applicable.
- Two self-addressed unstamped envelopes of the 24cmX11cm size.
Ques. What is the entrance exam pattern for the Ph.D. programs?
Ans. The entrance exam pattern for the Ph.D. programs is:
- Duration: 2 years
- Maximum marks: 100
- MCQ questions: 40 marks
- Short answer type questions: 60 marks.
Ques. What are the steps involved in the OUAT application form filling?
Ans. Steps involved in the OUAT application form filling are:
- Visit the official Website
- Fill in OUAT application form A
- Scan & Upload documents
- Pay the application fee
- Print OUAT application form