OUAT 2018 Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Admit Card, Question Paper
OUAT Entrance Exam is a University level exam, organised by Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology. OUAT 2018 is scheduled for April 29 (UG programs) and May 27 (Agro-Polytechnic) in offline mode. The exam is conducted for various UG programs offered by the university in its affiliated colleges.
Highlights of OUAT 2018
|OUAT Full Form||Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology Common Entrance Test or OUAT Exam|
|Conducting body||Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology|
|OUAT 2018 Exam Date||OUAT UG: April 29|
OUAT Agro-Poly: May 27
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Expected Registration for OUAT 2018||Approx. 30,000|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper Based|
|Number of Colleges||Maximum 9 colleges|
|Total Seats||Approx. 646 seats|
|OUAT Help Desk||9078570345 | 0674-2397970 (111/218)|
OUAT 2018 Courses Offered
OUAT 2018 is a portal for admitting students into various agriculture and technology programs. The courses offered under UG course in its campuses are:
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry
- B. Sc.(Hons.) Horticulture
- B.V.Sc & A.H.
- B.Tech.(Agril. Engg.)
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science
Exam Calender for OUAT 2018
All exam related events and dates are mentioned below. Make sure you do not miss upon any of these.
|Availability of OUAT Prospectus 2018||February 20||February 20|
|Availability of OUAT 2018 Application Form (Form A)||February 20 – March 24||March 26 – April 20|
|Edit Option in OUAT Form A||March 25 – 29||April 21 – 24|
|Issue of OUAT Admit Card 2018||April 15 – 29||May 15 – 27|
|Exam Date of OUAT 2018||April 29||May 27|
|Availability of OUAT Application Form (Form B)||May 22 – June 10||June 18 – 30|
|Edit Option in OUAT Form B||June 11 – 13||July 1 – 3|
|Provisional Weightage||June 25||July 9|
|Report of Discrepancy||June 26 – 29||July 10 – 12|
|Final Weightage & Range||July 4||(-)|
|Issue of Intimation cum Rank Card||July 7||July 10 – 12|
|Admission||July 23 – 27||(-)|
OUAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
OUAT 2018 Eligibility is defined by the coordinating body. The standard is different for each UG program. They are as follows:
- Indian citizens
- Foreign nationals can apply but the admission procedure will be different.
- Candidate must complete 17 years of age by Dec. 31, 2018 (Born on or before Dec. 31, 2001)
- Each UG program requires a candidate to have a minimum of 50% in aggregate.
- For SC/ ST/ PH candidates it is 40%.
|Course Name||Subjects in +2 Science|
|B.Sc.(Hons.) Agriculture||P.C.M or P.C.B*|
|B.Sc.(Hons.) Forestry||P.C.M or P.C.B|
|B.Sc.(Hons.) Horticulture||P.C.M or P.C.B|
|B.V.Sc. & A.H.||P.C.B|
|B.Tech. (Agril. Engg.)||P.C.M|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science||P.C.M or P.C.B|
* P – Physics C – Chemistry M – Mathematics B – Biology
OUAT 2018 Application Form
Availability of OUAT 2018 UG Form A: Feb. 20 – Mar. 24; Form B: May 22 – Jun. 10
Availability of OUAT Agro-Poly. Form A: Mar. 26 – Apr. 20;Form B: Jun. 18 – Jun. 30
Official OUAT Prospectus is available on the online portal of the university. Candidates can access OUAT Application Form online at www.ouat.nic.in or https://lokaseba-odisha.in. There is no provision to register in offline mode.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the examination.
Step 2: Click on ‘Submission of online Application Form-A for OUAT Common Entrance Examination 2018’ link.
Step 3: Enter a valid Mobile No. (validate it through OTP generated in Mobile No.), Aadhaar No., Email ID, Choice of OUAT Exam Center and other details.
Step 4: Scan and Upload recent passport size photo and full signature as per the guidelines.
- Photograph – Height: 200px, width: 150px, file size: 20-50kb (JPG/ JPEG format).
- Signature – Height: 100px, width: 150px, file size: 10-20kb (JPG/ JPEG format).
Step 5: After final submission of online form, login ID, password and application no. will be generated and sent to registered email ID and mobile no.
Step 6: Make the payment of INR 1200 for the application fees to the University. It can be paid via online and offline mode.
Form A has to be filled before the exam while form B has to be submitted after the exam
Registration for Form B
- Candidates who appeared for OUAT 2018 have to fill in Form B.
- It will be available in the month of June 2018 at www.ouat.nic.in.
- Click on ‘“Submission of online Application Form-B for Admission Into OUAT, U.G. Courses 2018-19’ link.
- Or, you can access the form by logging in to https://www.lokaseba-odisha.in using his/her login ID and Password.
- Upload scanned copy of relevant documents (within file size of 200 kb).
Documents Required with Form B
OUAT 2018 Admit Card
Release of OUAT 2018 Hall Ticket: April 15 – 29; Agro-polytechnic: May 15 – 27
Candidates can download OUAT Hall Ticket from the official website of Orissa University. No admit cards are sent via email or post.
How to download OUAT Admit Card?
- Visit the official website i.e. www.ouat.nic.in or https://www.lokaseba-odisha.in.
- Click on ‘Download Admit Card’.
- Enter Form A User ID and Password.
- Download admit card for future reference.
Discrepancy in OUAT Admit Card
In case of any change in the information mentioned on OUAT Admit Card, you may contact the officials at
Common Service Center No. – 9078570345
Asst. Registrar (Academic) – 0674-2397970 (111/218)
Admit Card Sample
OUAT 2018 Exam Centers
- OUAT 2018 will be conducted across 24 cities in the state of Orissa.
- Candidates can choose three exam center at the time of filling in online form.
- Candidates may be allotted another exam center other than the one chosen, in case there is no vacancy in the preferred one.
- Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any situation.
The list of OUAT 2018 Exam Centers is displayed below:
OUAT 2018 Exam Pattern
OUAT Exam Date 2018:April 29 (UG Exam); May 27 (Agro-Poly)
CheckOUAT Exam Pattern
Important Topics in OUAT 2018
- The syllabus for OUAT 2018 will be based on Higher Secondary or equivalent level for UG courses.
- The questions asked will be of class 11 and class 12 syllabi of Mathematics/ Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
OUAT 2018 Result
Release of OUAT Rank Card: July 7 (UG program) and July 10 – 12 (Agro-Polytechnic)
- The results will be declared on the official website of the Orissa University.
- They will be released in the form of scorecards.
- Individuals must download their results by accessing their registered accounts.
Steps to check OUAT Results:
- Log on to the official website of OUAT 2018.
- Click on the tab of ‘Exam and result’ under ‘Academics’.
- Enter the application number, mobile number and date of birth as given. Click on ‘Submit’.
- The result of the entrance test will appear in the form of the score card. Download it and print it out for the further admission rounds.
- Alternatively, students can login to their registered accounts to know their result.
- Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology will publish OUAT 2018 merit list of candidates who qualify the exam on the website after the declaration of results.
- The merit list will have the names of aspirants in order of ranks secured by them.
- Weighted score of candidates will be calculated on the basis of his/her academic career and Entrance Examination as given below:
|+2 Sc./ equivalent||25%|
*i.e. 1/4th of the total mark secured in the Entrance Examination
OUAT 2018 Counselling
OUAT 2018 Counselling Process will start in July for UG courses and in August 2018 for PG and PhD programs. All participants short-listed via the merit list must attend the Counselling session for admission to the various courses offered by Orissa University. The schedule for the same will be uploaded on the official OUAT website.
Students must be present at the Counselling session according to the time and date allotted to them. They must attend the Counselling procedure in person along with a parent or guardian. Seats will be allotted on the basis of merit, preference of course as chosen by the individual and availability of seats. The Counselling process will take place in the following way:
- The Counselling session will be held as per the scheduled time and date at the centers mentioned on the website of the University.
- Students will have to go to the Counselling centers with necessary documents that will be verified by the conducting body.
- After the documents are verified, aspirant will have to fill an offline preference form.
- The process of seat allotment will be done based on merit and preference of program as chosen by them.
- If individual wishes to accept the seat offered, he will have to report to the allotted college with the requisite tuition fees and to complete the admission formalities.
Document verification is an important element of OUAT 2018 Counselling. The documents required for Counselling are: -
- OUAT 2018 Rank card and Hall ticket
- 10th, 12th and Bachelor’s Degree Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving Certificate from Institute last attended
- Migration Certificate
- Caste or category certificate
- Proof of date of birth
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Passport sized photographs
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College