Mohanlal Sukhadia University (MLSU) is a public university is accredited A grade by NAAC. It has 31 departments and 60 affiliated colleges. University offers UG, PG and Ph.D. Programs in Commerce, Arts, Law, Management, Vocation, Physical Education and Science. Admission for UG and PG Programs is based on academic performance. For Ph.D., M.Phil. and D.Sc./D.Lit. it conducts entrance test.
Mohanlal Sukhadia University announces the result for all UG & PG courses on its official website only. Students need to visit the official website of the university. Click on the ‘Results’ section and click on the desired course link. Enter your prescribed roll number and save the scorecard for future use. Click here: MLSU Results
|Established | Type||1962 | State University|
|Formerly known as||Udaipur University|
|Accreditations||NAAC – A grade|
|Courses Offered | Type||30 | UG, PG, Ph.D. and Diploma|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Total students: UG | PG | Ph.D.||8310 | 3290 | 1689|
|Male: Female ||65.1% : 34.9%|
|Campus Area||607 acres|
The university offers academic programs at various specializations at undergraduate and postgraduate levels:
|B.Sc||Intermediate graduate with 48% marks with Science and Maths|
|BCA||Intermediate graduate with 48% marks|
|B.Li.Sc||Graduate in any discipline with 50% marks|
|LL.B.||Graduate with a minimum of 45% marks|
|M.Sc||B.Sc in relevant discipline with 48% marks|
|M.Com||Graduate in any discipline with 48% marks|
|MCA||B.Sc/ BCA with Mathematics with 48% marks|
|M.Tech||B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc with 48% marks|
|MBA||Graduation in any stream with at least 50% marks|
Click here: MLSU Fees Structure
The admission process is completely online, the university also has a portal dedicated to university admissions, where applying candidates find all the required information about admissions and allied processes. Listed below is a brief about the admission criteria of the university:
- UG Admission is offered on the basis of merit in the last qualifying examination. Selected candidates need to appear for the counseling round for the final confirmation of the seat.
- Admission to all the PG courses is merit-based except for MBA and MCA courses for which the candidates have to qualify in RMAT and RMCAAT entrance exams respectively. Final admission is offered on the basis of counseling conducted by the university for the shortlisted candidates.
Check: MLSU Admission
MLSU Admit Card
The university releases admit card on its official website. Students can download the admit card by following a few simple steps, here:
- Visit the home page of the MGSU.
- In the main menu, click on the ‘Examination’ section.
- In the drop-down menu, click on the ‘Results’ section.
- After clicking on ‘Results’, you will be redirected to the listing page.
- Now click on ‘Download Admit Card’.
- Enter your roll number & submit.
- Now save & download the Admit Card.
The university offers various scholarships on the basis of merit and need. Following are the details for the same:
- Need-cum-merit Scholarship: All students whose parent/ guardian income is determined by the state government and scored 60% or more are eligible.
- National Scholarship: This scholarship is provided by the Government of India to students securing first-class or 60% or more marks in the Graduate examination.
- UGC Junior Research Fellowship: This is awarded to a limited number of candidates who undertakes the research work of Ph.D. Under this, the junior researcher receives a scholarship of INR 25000 per month.
- Departmental Fellowship: To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must score 55% marks in PG examination (50% for SC/ST).The amount to be awarded to each candidate is INR 600 per month.
Apart from these, the university also provides NCC Scholarship, Handicapped Scholarship, Wards of martyrs, widows, and employees at the university.
Read more: MLSU Scholarship
Following are some of the facilities offered by the university to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: There is a rich collection of books, magazines, journals, reference materials, research reports. The library is well-equipped with rich and modern facilities. Apart from this, it also offers e-library facilities like J-gate, Prowess, SPSS, and Tally.
- Computer Center: It is well-equipped with modern computing facilities consisting of UNIX, Linux, Windows NT. It conducts training programs for faculty as well as students make them utilize the facilities available in the computer center.
- Hostels: The university a total of 8 hostels for both male and female students namely Maharana Bhupal Hostel, Ramanujan Hostel, Dr. DS Kothari Research Hostel, Gargi Girls Hostel, Kamla Nehru Girls Hostel, Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati Girls’ Hostel, Nehru Shiksha Sadan Hostel, and Rana Poonja Hostel.