University of Kota (UOK) was established in the year 2003 by the Government of Rajasthan. The university is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC). It offers a number of postgraduate, M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses under a plethora of specialization subjects.
UOK Admissions to postgraduate programs are based on the marks secured by the aspirants in their previous qualifying examination and for MBA and MCA candidates have to clear CMAT and RMCAAT respectively. For the Ph.D. courses, the applicants who are eligible for the course are required to appear for an entrance test in order to get admission to the doctoral courses.
UOK Courses Offered
The university offers education in postgraduate as well as doctoral programs. All the programs are examined below:
UOK offers a number of postgraduate courses under various specialization in the field of arts, science and commerce. Admission for M.B.A program shall be as per CMAT guidelines and M.C.A admissions shall be in accordance with RMCAAT (Rajasthan Master in Computer Applications Admission Test).
UOK also offers Ph.D. and M.Phil. courses under a number of specializations. The Ph.D. course is offered in 24 different subjects of research, while the M.Phil. course is offered with eight different specializations. The applicants who are eligible for the course are required to appear for an entrance test in order to get admission to the doctoral courses.
Read more about the courses and fees- UOK Courses and Fees
The students of UOK may avail scholarships from different agencies like:
- Post metric scholarship for SC/ST/OBC/SOBC from Department of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Post Metric Scholarships for Students belonging to the Minority Communities from Department of Minority Affairs.
- UGC-Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- UGC-Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
- UGC-Post Doctoral Fellowship for women
- UGC-Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority Students
- UGC-Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
- UGC-Post Doctoral Fellowship for SC/ST candidates
- ICSSR fellowship for Post Graduate
- ICHR-Post Graduate Merit Scholarship
- DST-Inspire Fellowship