Updated On - September 27th 2019 by PRATYASHA
Alagappa University, Karaikudi was initiated by a Special Act of the Government of Tamil Nadu on May 1985. The University has 39 Departments, 9 Centres, and 2 Constituent Colleges on its campus, 44 Affiliated Colleges located in the districts of Sivaganga and Ramanathapuram. It has been accredited by NAAC with A+ grade. It provides a variety of courses at different levels such as undergraduate, postgraduate, certificate, diploma and postgraduate diploma. Admission to these courses is done on the basis of merit scored in the last qualifying examination, however, for some courses like B.Ed, B.Sc, MCA, the university conducts a separate entrance test.
Alagappa University Highlights
Alagappa University Courses
Alagappa University offers several UG and PG courses in the faculties of Arts, Science, Management and Education. Mentioned below are the details for the same:
UG and PG Courses
|Course Name||Eligibility||Fees (INR) (First year)|
|M.A.||Graduate in any discipline||4500|
|M.Sc||Graduation with 55% marks and 50% for SC/ST|
|MCA||Graduation with 60% marks and 55% for SC/ST||10,500|
|M.Ed||B.Ed with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/BC)||15,500|
|M.Com||B.Com/ BBA/ B.A. Economics with accountancy with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)||5500|
|MJMC||Graduate in any discipline|
|M.P.Ed||Graduate in B.P.Ed||16,500|
|MBA||Graduate in any discipline with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)||20,500|
|M.Voc||Graduate in B.Voc||7500|
|B.Ed||Graduate in any discipline||19,000|
|B.P.Ed||Graduate in B.Sc Physical Education OR BPE||16,500|
|B.Sc (Physical Education)||Intermediate graduate in any discipline||27,000|
Diploma and Certificate Courses
|Course Name||Eligibility||Fees (INR) (First year)|
|PG Diploma in Education Management||Graduate in B.Ed||5500|
|PG Diploma in Gemmology||Graduate in any discipline||10,500|
|PG Diploma in Herbal Science||Master’s in Botany/ Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Life Science and Biotechnology with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST)||10,000|
|PG Diploma in Fashion Designing||Graduation in Fashion Technology/ Fashion Designing/ Costume Designing||10,000|
|PG Diploma in Yoga||Graduate in any discipline||5500|
|PG Diploma in Business Management|
|Diploma in Media Communication||Intermediate graduate with a recognized board||3500|
|Diploma in Linguistics|
|Diploma in Gandhian Thought|
|Diploma in Cognitive Science Education|
|Certificate in Communicative English||Matric pass from a recognized board||2500|
|Certificate in Folk Music|
|Certificate in Labor Laws|
|Certificate in Corporate Social Responsibility|
Check Alagappa University Courses and Fee
Alagappa University Admission
Candidates seeking admission in the university can apply in both offline and online mode. Candidates who wish to apply offline can obtain the application form from the admission portal of the university. Successfully filled application form along with required fee submit it to the address: “The Registrar Alagappa University, Karaikudi 630 003, Tamilnadu, India”. Interested candidates can also apply online by entering into ‘Admission 2019’ tab in the university website (https://www.alagappauniversity.ac.in/)
Applicants are selected on the basis of merit list. Listed candidates on the basis of their marks in qualifying examinations are considered for admission. For admission to some of the courses such as B.Ed., M.Ed., MBA, MCA, M.Sc, B.Sc, M.P.Ed, B.P.Ed, the university conducts separate entrance tests, medical tests, fitness tests, interviews, and group discussion rounds in order to evaluate the courses.
Read More Alagappa University Admission
Alagappa University Placements
The university has a great placement cell which works to provide the best placement opportunities to its students. The placement cell is committed to providing all possible assistance to graduates and postgraduates in their efforts to find employment. This commitment is demonstrated by the existence of a Placement Officer in charge. Its mission is to enhance the level of employability of the students, by equipping them with relevant professional skills and through proper nexus with reputed recruiters. A vast number of 1,655 students got placed in the session 2017-18 in approx every specialization such as Chemical Science, Management, Physical Education, and Education, etc. Some of the frequent visitors of the university are such as AMCO Batteries, Axis Bank, Neeyamo, Future Generali, Poorani Textiles, HDFC Bank, and many more.
Alagappa University Scholarship
The University provides many sorts of Scholarship Programs for its student under numerous categories financed by Government agencies. The Scholarship awarded is on the basis of merit and need. Given below are the details for the same:
- Complete fee waiver for deserving students in each program
- Merit stipend to top PG Students with INR 2000 per month to each student in the ratio of student strength on a roll of 1:10
- PMT & VOC Endowment Merit Scholarship for first 3 toppers in each year
- Earn While You Learn Scheme for 2 students per program with a maximum of INR 2000 per month
Besides, the students are facilitated to avail of various Scholarships/Fee waiver schemes of State/Central Government and NGOs
Click here Alagappa University Scholarships
Alagappa University Fellowship
Alagappa University has created AURF (Alagappa University Research Fellowship) which provides the financial assistance for undertaking Research by the Research Scholars of the University.
- AURF Research Fellowship
- AURF Publication Grant
- AURF Thesis Submission Fee Concession
- Alagappa University Facilities
Alagappa University Result
The university conducts semester examination in the months of April and December every year. Regular college students under UTDs can check their results by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official page of Alagappa University.
- In the main menu, click on the Examination section’ followed by ‘Exam Results’ tab
- After clicking on the tab ‘Exam Results’ you will be redirected to the listing page
- Click on your desired link and enter details such as Registration number and course name
- Click on submit button.
Know more Alagappa University Result
One can also check the Alagappa University DDE
results whosoever is doing a distance course via this Directorate of Distance Education of Alagappa University.
Alagappa University Awards and Ranking
- The University has acquired 4th rank in Swachhta Ranking 2018 for the cleanest Higher Educational Institutions in the Country in the category of Government Institutions.
- The University has bagged Indian Association for the Blind (IAB) Silver Zone Award for outstanding excellence and amazing contribution for the empowerment of persons with Visual Challenges.
- It is the only University in Tamil Nadu which has been sanctioned INR 100 crores under RUSA 2.0 Scheme.
- Obtained Autonomy status (one among 60 Institutions in the country announced by MHRD).
- Secured 28th position among Universities in NIRF 2019 ranking.
Alagappa University Facilities
Mentioned below are the facilities provided by the University to cater to the needs of the students:
- Central Library: A vast collection 1 lakh volumes of printed Books, 149 printed periodicals, 492 items of non-book materials, and 1446 volumes of theses in print form. It has a Seating capacity of 150 students at a time. Access to 6242+ numbers of Online journals and 1,31,000+ numbers of e-theses are also available.
- Hostel: Alagappa University has 15 hostels with 427 rooms for men and women research scholars and graduate students of the University. The hostel rooms are well furnished and well ventilate. One Reading Room is available for each hostel.
- Health Care Center: It provides early diagnosis of diseases of students at free of cost. It also organizes compulsory general medical checkup camps for all the members of the University.