Alagappa University, Karaikudi was initiated by a Special Act of the Government of Tamil Nadu in May 1985. It is one of the ventures among the institutions founded by Dr. R.M. Alagappa Chettiar. Altogether 28 constituent colleges are a part of this university. Its main objective is to promote Research, Development and facilitate the sharing of knowledge in various branches of learning. It provides the variety of UG and PG Courses. It is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), as well as the member of the Association of Common Wealth Universities (ACU). Alagappa University Admission is done on the basis of merit list. However, for few courses, the university conducts its own entrance exam.
Alagappa University Highlights
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
University Grants Commission (UGC)
‘A’ grade by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC)
Alagappa Puram, Karaikudi - 630003 Tamil Nadu, India
Alagappa University Courses
Alagappa University offers several UG and PG courses in the faculties of Arts, Science, Management and Education. Alagappa University offers M.P.Ed., M.Com, M.A., M.S.W. and M.L.I.Sc. courses at the postgraduate level. All these courses are offered for a duration of two years. Candidates are suggested to check Alagappa University Fee Structure before applying for any programs.
Alagappa University Admission
The registration is done through offline mode. Candidates who wish to apply can obtain the application form from the admission portal of university. Successfully filled application form along with required fee submit it to the desired address.
To be eligible for admission to undergraduate courses, applicants should have passed class 12 in relevant discipline with minimum 60% marks from a reputed board. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates.
Candidates having graduation degree in relevant discipline with at least 60% marks (For SC/ ST 55%) from a well-recognized university or Institute are eligible to apply for postgraduate courses. Applicants are selected on the basis of merit list. Listed candidates on the basis of their marks in qualifying examinations are considered for admission.
For admission to some of the courses such as B.Ed., M.Ed., MBA, MCA etc, the university conducts separate entrance tests, medical tests, fitness tests, interviews and group discussion rounds in order to evaluate the courses. Know more about Alagappa University Admission.
Alagappa University Placements
The university has a great placement cell which works to provide the best placement opportunities to its students. The placement cell is committed to providing all possible assistance to graduates and postgraduates in their efforts to find employment. This commitment is demonstrated by the existence of a Placement Officer in charge. Its mission is to enhance the level of employability of the students, by equipping them with relevant professional skills and through proper nexus with reputed recruiters. Also Check Alagappa University Placements.
Alagappa University Scholarship
The state and Central Governments provide financial assistance to the students by offering the following scholarships.
- SC/ST State Govt. Scholarship
- SC/ST Full-Fee Waiver
- BC/MBC Half –Fee Concession
- BC/MBC State Govt. Scholarship
- UGC/CSIR JRF/SRF Fellowship
- UGC/CSIR/DBT/OBC/RGNF Fellowship
- DST INSPIRE Fellowship
- UGC Rajiv Gandhi Single Girl Child
- Moulana Azad Fellowship
- Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child
- Kothari Fellowship
- VOC/PMT Scholarship awarded
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) and SN Bose Fellow
Also Check Alagappa University Director of Distance Education
Alagappa University Fellowship
Alagappa University has created AURF (Alagappa University Research Fellowship) which provides the financial assistance for undertaking Research by the Research Scholars of the University.
- AURF Research Fellowship
- AURF Publication Grant
- AURF Thesis Submission Fee Concession
- Alagappa University Facilities
Alagappa University Results
The university conducts semester examination in the months of April and December every year. Regular college students under UTDs can check their results by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official page of the Alagappa University.
- In the main menu, click on the Examination section’ followed by ‘Exam Results’ tab
- After clicking on the tab ‘Exam Results’ you will be redirected to the listing page
- Click on your desired link and enter details such as Registration number and course name
- Click on submit button
Alagappa University Facilities
- Seating capacity of 150 students at a time
- Vast collection of Books, Journals & Magazines
- Internet connectivity to access the online content
- 2 hostels for boys & 1 hostel for girls
- Combined capacity of three hostels is 500 students
- One Reading Room is available for each hostel
- The students are provided with English, Tamil dailies, Magazines & Employment News
- One Recreation Room with TV is available in each hostel
Health Care Center
- It provides early diagnosis of diseases of students at free of cost
- It organizes compulsory general medical checkup camps for all the members of University