VELS University, Chennai is one of the prestigious universities in India that offer a variety of courses including Maritime Studies, Nautical Science, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, Animation, Film and Television Production etc. under UG, & PG levels along with M.Phil & Ph.D. courses. It also offers Diploma course in different specializations.
Candidates who are interested in admission in VELS University UG courses must have passed to be 10+2 examination with minimum 50% marks. While for PG and Doctorate programmes applicants must have a Bachelors’ and Masters’ degree respectively, with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. The eligibility for Diploma is a pass in 10th standard.
To know more click on VELS University Results
There are three modes of application: online, by post and direct. Each method has its own benefits with a slight variation in the amount of the application fee. The admission process for each programme varies and a few notable differences could be:
- All the Professional course applicants will have to pass the VEE entrance exam which will take place in May. If a candidate clears the examination, then they will have to appear for a personal interview.
- For the other courses, admission will be completely based on merit and personal interview conducted by the university.
- UG & PG courses usually have a duration between 3-4 years (6-8 semesters) & 2-4 years respectively. The Doctorate programmes’ duration varies from 3-6 years.
- For Admission in MBA, the candidate must have CAT, MAT, XAT and VEE score
- Securing admission in Diploma is based on the merit in the qualifying exam.
Click on the link to check VELS University courses and fees
VELS University Admission Highlights 2021
|University Name||VELS University, Chennai|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG and Diploma|