AMU BA LLB 2019: Dates, Eligibility, Pattern & Syllabus
Aligarh Muslim University or AMU conducts an annual state level entrance exam for admissions to AMU BA LLB - an undergraduate law program of colleges affiliated to AMU. AMU BA LLB 2019 will be conducted on May 8, 2019 (tentative) through offline mode.
|AMU BA LLB Admit Card||AMU BA LLB Exam Pattern||AMU BA LLB Result|
- Aspiring law students need to register for an offline entrance exam for admission to the 220 undergraduate seats.
- Candidate must have secured at 50% marks in 12th class to be eligible for the test.
- AMU BA LLB 2019 Application Forms will be available in January 2019 on the official website of the university.
- It is two hour test consisting of 75 objective and 10 subjective questions based on subjects like English, current affairs, general knowledge and reasoning and aptitude.
- The total marks for the AMU BA LLB 2019 is 100. Objective questions are 1 mark each with 0.25 negative marks for incorrect answers and subjective ones are 2.5 each with no negative marking.
- A total of 220 seats will be available in the 3 colleges affiliated to the university – 100 in the Aligarh campus, 60 in the Malappuram campus and 60 in the Murshidabad campus.
AMU BA LLB 2019 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||AMU BA LLB|
|Conducting Body||Aligarh Muslim University|
|Exam Type||State Level Examination|
|Exam Date||May 8, 2019 (tentative)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum of 50% marks in Senior Secondary School Certificate|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
AMU BA LLB 2019 Important Dates
Candidates must note these dates for AMU BA LLB 2019. Please note that these are tentative dates only and are subject to change at the discretion of the exam conducting body, Aligarh Muslim University.
|Online application form available from||January 2019|
|Last date for receiving application form||February 2019|
|Admit card release||April 2019|
|AMU BA LLB exam date||May 8, 2019|
|Result announcement||July 2019|
Candidates must visit the AMU BA LLB official website to stay updated on any changes in dates.
AMU BA LLB 2019 Eligibility
Candidates must check the official AMU website for the eligibility criteria. If he/she fails to fulfil the criteria, his/her application will be rejected. The following are the eligibility criteria for AMU BA LLB 2019:
- The candidate must have qualifies Senior Secondary School Certificate or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates qualified with the Bridge course from AMU with a minimum 50% aggregate are also eligible.
- The maximum age limit is 22, as of July 1, 2019.
AMU BA LLB 2019 Application Form
The steps for the application process of AMU BA LLB 2019 are given below:
- Visit the official website and click on the link for AMU BA LLB 2019 application.
- Provide all the details asked such as, name, qualifications, address, contact details etc.
- Take a printout of the form.
- Send the filled in AMU BA LLB Application form along with the necessary documents to
Office of the Controller of Examinations,
Aligarh Muslim University,
Aligarh – 202002.
The following documents are needed for the application process of AMU BA LLB 2019:
- Proof of payment of application fee
- Self-attested copies of 10th Board examination qualifying certificate or mark sheet as proof of Date of Birth
- Self-attested copies of 12th Board Examination mark sheet
- Other documents such as PWD certificate, category certificate, etc. (if applicable)
AMU allows all candidates to track their application. The link to track is provided in the official AMU website. However, candidates must note that AMU updates its database every 72 hours so candidates may not be able to track their application immediately. If such a case arises, candidates are advised to wait for the database to get updated and then track again.
The application fee for AMU BA LLB 2019 is Rs 550 – payable via Demand Draft (in case of offline mode) or online by means of Credit/Debit card or Net Banking. The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of Finance Officer, A.M.U., Aligarh, payable at Aligarh. The DD has to be ready at the time of filling the application form.
AMU BA LLB 2019 Admit Card
The admit card will be available for download from April, 2019. Candidates need to check the following details carefully on the admit card:
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Exam venue
Exam date and exam time will be mentioned on the AMU BA LLB 2019 Admit Card. The admit card will be needed on all process of admission and the candidate has to keep it safely till the entire admission process is over.
Candidates must carry the admit card on the day of exam failing to do which might lead to denial of entry inside the exam hall. The process for downloading the admit card is:
- Visit the official AMU website and click on the link for AMU BA LLB 2019 Admit Card.
- Select BA LLB from the menu.
- Enter the Transaction ID and Course ID, where required.
- Click on the download button.
- View and download the admit card.
In case the candidate has forgotten his/her Transaction ID, he/she should click on the 'Forgot Transaction ID' link. The candidate will be redirected to a webpage where he/she has to provide his/her name and mother’s maiden name (as entered during the registration process) to get back his/her Transaction ID.
AMU updates its website every 72 hours so if the candidate is not able to view the admit card yet, he/she should wait for some time to allow the database to include the new information and then download the admit card.
The candidate is also advised to take sufficient number of printouts for the admit card as he/she will be needing it at every stage of the examination and admission process.
AMU BA LLB 2019 Examination Centres
AMU BA LLB 2019 will be conducted in three centres.
|AMU Campus in Aligarh||Address: AMU Campus, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh 202001 Phone: 0571 270 0935|
|AMU Campus in Murshidabad (West Bengal)||Address: Jangipur Barrage (Ahiran), Murshidabad, West Bengal 742223 Phone: 03483 230 030|
|AMU Campus in Malappuram (Kerala)||Address: Chelemala Road, Chelemala, Anamangad, Kerala 679340 Phone: 04933 298 299|
Candidates are advised to check their admit cards carefully and make note of the exam center well ahead of the exam.
AMU BA LLB 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights Table
AMU BA LLB 2019 will be divided into 2 sections. The first will have 75 Objective questions of 1 mark each. There is a negative marking of 0.25 in case of a wrong answer. Marks will be deducted if more than one option is selected (unless specified). Section 2 will have 10 Subjective questions of 2.5 marks each. The answers to these questions will be be short explanation based. There are no negative marking in this section.
|Mode of Examination||Offline / paper-pencil based|
|Number of Questions||85 (75 objective + 10 subjective)|
|Maximum Marks||100 – 1 mark for Objective and 2.5 marks for Subjective questions.|
|Duration of Exam||2 hrs|
|Sections in Paper||2 - Objective and Subjective|
|Subjects in Paper||General English, Current Affairs and General Knowledge (based on legal issues), Reasoning and Aptitude|
Know More AMU BA LLB 2019 Exam Pattern
AMU BA LLB 2019 Syllabus
The table below highlights the key points of the AMU BA LLB 2019 syllabus and will have questions based on the following topics:
|General English||Candidates will be asked questions on topics like grammar, reading comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, vocabulary, etc.|
|General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||Candidates will be asked questions on topics like legal issues in India, current affairs in India, eminent personalities, awards, etc.|
|Reasoning and aptitude||Candidates will be asked questions on topics like critical reasoning, analogy, blood relations, series, etc.|
Candidates can additionally read up the following books for a clearer idea and better preparation of the AMU BA LLB 2019:
|Name of Book||Author||ISBN|
|The Ultimate Guide to the LLB Entrance Examination||M A Rashid and Nisa Fasil||978-9350358566|
|Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law Entrance Examinations: A Workbook||A P Bhardwaj||978-9332519787|
|Universal's Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination||Manish Arora||978-9350358405|
AMU BA LLB 2019 Result
AMU BA LLB 2019 results are expected to be announced in the second week of July. However, this is a tentative date and it might be changed by the exam conducting body. The results will be updated on the official AMU website. Candidates will not be notified individually so they are advised to keep a check on the website. The scorecard will be available for download from the AMU website.
The detailed procedure to check the result and download the scorecard is as follows:
- Visit the official website of AMU and click on the link for AMU BA LLB 2019 Results.
- Download the PDF file with the roll numbers of qualified students.
- Search for your roll number in the PDF document.
- If your roll number is present, you will be called for further rounds of counselling.
AMU BA LLB 2019 Merit List
The merit list will be available as soon as the official results are announced. You can view and download the merit list for your reference. The procedure to download the merit list for AMU BA LLB 2019 is as follows:
- Visit the official AMU website.
- Click on the link for Results.
- Download the PDF document containing the merit list.
- Check if your roll number is present in the list.
- If your roll number is present in the list, you will be called for further rounds of counselling.
AMU BA LLB 2019 Cutoff
AMU BA LLB 2019 Cutoff is the minimum marks a candidate needs to score in the test to be selected for the counselling process and eventually get final admissions. The cutoff will depend on factors like
- Total marks of the test
- Total number of students appeared in the test
- Difficulty of the test
- Overall performance of all candidates in the test
A student is eligible for the counselling round if he/she finds her name on the merit list. However, please note that the merit list will be put up on the official AMU website and students will not be intimidated individually.
Candidates must note that the exam conducting body of AMU BA LLB, Aligarh Muslim University never releases the official cutoff marks for the year.
AMU BA LLB 2019 Counselling
AMU will begin the counselling and seat allotment process of law admissions 2019 in August (tentative) after the announcement of the result and publication of the merit list. There are 220 BA LLB seats on offer at their three campuses. Candidates will be called for counselling under three categories – nomination Category, chance memo category and provisional seat allotment category. The scheduled date and time for document verification and reporting at counselling venue will be given out based on the category. The counselling will have two rounds – Interview and Group Discussion. Post that, documents of selected candidates will be verified and seats will be offered based on that.
- The candidate has to appear for the counselling in person.
- The counselling schedule will be updated on the official AMU website.
- The seats will be allotted based on the merit list.
- The admission and counselling fee of Rs. 11145 will have to be paid at this stage
- The candidate has to provide his/her original documents to get admission.
Documents Required for Admission
The following documents would be required for admission to Aligarh Muslim University for the BA LLB 2019 course:
- Admit card for AMU BA LLB 2019
- 10th mark sheet (as proof of birth)
- 12th mark sheet and pass certificates (with self-attested photo-copies)
- Candidate's caste certificate (if applicable)
- Candidate’s physically challenged Certificate (if applicable)
- Candidate’s transfer/migration Certificate
- A demand draft of Rs. 11145 drawn in favour of Finance Officer, AMU, payable at Aligarh
Candidates are strongly advised to provide only their true and original documents during admission. In case a situation arises where the candidate’s documents are found to be false or not according to the University’s standards, his/her admission will be cancelled and another candidate who is next in line in terms of the merit list will be given the opportunity for admission to the Aligarh Muslim University.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College