NEET MDS 2019 Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus
NEET MDS 2019 is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to MDS Courses. Conducting authority NBE (National Board of Examinations) has announced NEET MDS 2019 Exam Dates. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, will be valid for entry to MDS Courses as per Dentists Act, 1948.
|NEET MDS 2019 Application Form||NEET MDS 2019 Admit Card||NEET MDS 2019 Exam Pattern|
- NEET MDS 2019 Application Form can be filled from October 2018 at neetmds.nbe.edu.in.
- Candidates who register successfully will appear for NEET MDS 2019 on December 14, 2018.
- The exam will be conducted in online mode, multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination from topics like (Anatomy, Ophthalmology, Physiology & many others).
- Aspirants can download NEET MDS 2019 Admit Card tentatively during month of November 2018.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor Degree in Dental Surgery and One-year Internship in a recognised Dental college.
- Candidates who appear for the exam can check NEET MDS 2019 Result by January 31, 2019 onwards.
- There is no negative marking in the exam.
The scores obtained in NEET PG and NEET MDS will be accepted at all the top ranking medical colleges and top ranking dental colleges - government and private - at all India level.
NEET MDS 2019 Highlights
|NEET MDS 2019 Exam Pattern||MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with single correct response|
|Number of Questions||240|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|NEET MDS 2019 Syllabus||As per Dental Council of India Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007|
|Mode of Conduct||Online (Computer-based test)|
|Criteria for passing the examination||Minimum percentile of 50 in the examination for General Category,|
40 percentile for SC/ST/OBC Category and 45 percentile for PWD (PH) Category
|Application Fees||INR 3750 for Gen/OBC and INR 2750 for ST/SC/PwD/PH|
|NEET MDS 2019 Application Mode||Online (September last week to November first week, 2018)|
|NEET MDS 2019 Exam Date||December 14, 2018|
|NEET MDS 2019 Result||By January 25, 2019|
|Seat Allotment||Merit Based Counselling conducted as per applicable regulations|
|Reservation of seats||As per applicable guidelines or Regulation or Government Policy|
NEET MDS 2019 Exam Dates
Given below are few important dates related to NEET MDS 2019:
|NEET MDS 2019 Notice Published||September 10, 2018||Official Notification for NEET MDS 2019 released|
|Availability of NEET MDS 2019 Application Form||October 31, 2018||Last date of application is Oct 31, 2018|
|NEET MDS Admit Card 2019 will be available from||November 27, 2018||Download NEET MDS 2019 Admit Card from nbe.edu.in|
|NEET MDS 2019 Exam Date||December 14, 2018||BDS Degree Candidate will take NEET MDS 2019 on Dec 14|
|Announcement of NEET MDS 2018 Result||January 25, 2019||NEET MDS Result has been declared on January 25, 2019|
NEET MDS 2019 Eligibility
The basic eligibility for application for NEET MDS 2019 is:
- Bachelor Degree in Dental Surgery
- One-year Internship in a recognised Dental college
However, the board has determined a set of rules and exemption for the candidates applying for the exam. The University has given exemption for internship for candidates from the below category
- Candidates who have completed their UG on or before 1989
- Candidates who have completed their 4 ½ years UG Program and 6 months mandatory internship Program.
- Candidates who have completed their 5 years UG Program in Rajah Muthiah Dental College, Annamalai University in the year 2006 – 07
The board will accept Candidates perusing their final year of UG course. However, they should complete their Mandatory Internship before March 2018. Candidates should submit a detailed Internship Letter with starting date and Final date. Failure of which will lead to disqualification of the candidate
Candidates belonging to a few states of India are not applicable for the 50% All India Quota. The board gives exemption to candidates nominated by the Government of India from these states.
- Andhra Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
NEET MDS 2019 Application Form
NEET MDS 2019 Application Form can be filled online through NBE Website. The application form consists of four major steps:
Step 1: Profile Creation
Candidates applying for the first time on NBE Website will be asked to create a profile. Candidates who have applied earlier can use their login details. They will be asked to enter a Captcha for security reasons
- Enter the full name as given in the BDS certificates
- Enter your contact information, such as valid email ID, Contact Number, and Address. The information will be further used for communication purposes.
- Fill in other data like Gender, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name
- Enter a login name and password for login purposes
- Upload their photograph and digital signature for successful completion of profile.
Step 2: Filling of Application
The first step in filling up of NEET MDS Application Form is selection of the exam from the drop down. Candidates must opt for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test – Master of Dental Surgery to proceed
Candidates will be taken to the personal information page and asked to fill in the below details:
- Category of the candidate
- Quota Applied for based on eligibility – Candidates can select from All India 50% Quota, State Quota,
- State of the candidate
- Birth Marks Identification
- Dental Council of India Registration Details
Candidates can also express their interest to work for the Armed Forces in this column
Candidates will be asked to fill the Educational Details like BDS Exam and Internship Details. It is mandatory to upload a Government Proof and DCI Certificate for verification purposes.
Candidates can then verify all the details and move on to the next step
Step 3: Selection of Exam Schedule and Center
NEET MDS 2019 will happen across the country. Candidates can select the NEET MDS Exam Center based on their accessibility. The center will be allotted on First come first serve basis. Candidate can also select the comfortable time from the given schedule. The exam will happen for 4 days and In 2 sessions per day
Step 4: Application Fee
NEET MDS application fees should be paid in the online mode. Candidates should ensure that the payment is successful to complete submission of application form. Candidates should complete the payment in 30 minutes to avoid transaction failure. In case of any errors, the selected time and venue will be released. The payment can be made through:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
The application fees for various categories is as follows:
|General /Other Backward Category||INR 3750|
|SC / ST / PWD||INR 2750|
NEET MDS 2019 Admit Card
- Admit Card for NEET MDS 2019 will be available from November 2018.
- Candidates can obtain their NEET MDS Admit Card in online mode only.
- Login into your candidate’s profile, using registration number and password to download NEET MDS 2019 hall ticket.
- The admit card contains personal details and exam related details such as test venue, session.
- It is a provisional document and must be supported at the test center with a valid photo id issued by Govt of India.
How to Download NEET MDS 2019 Admit Card?
- Go to the official website, nbe.edu.in
- Navigate to ‘Download Admit Card’ link
- Verify all the details on the admit card
- Print and affix recent colored size photograph on the provided space.
NEET MDS 2019 Exam Center
- NEET MDS 2019 will be conducted in over 41 cities across the country.
- Candidates can select the exam center in their state for easy accessibility.
- The exam center is allotted on the basis of the number of applications received and the availability of seats in the center.
- Candidates should report 1 hour before the exam time for document verification and to attend the 15 minutes tutorial session.
NEET MDS 2019 Exam Pattern
NEET MDS 2019 Exam is conducted in the online mode. The exam will be conducted for 240 marks, for 3 hours. Candidates will be awarded one mark for every right answer and there is no negative marking for the exam. The questions asked will be from the BDS syllabus. The questions are asked from 17 subjects and an average of 14 to 15 marks is allotted to each subject.
Aspirants are expected to be well aware of NEET MDS Exam Pattern for better understanding of types of questions asked and marking scheme of the exam.
NEET MDS 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights Table:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||240|
|Question Paper Type||Objective|
1 mark for every right answer
No negative marking
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||1|
NEET MDS 2019 Syllabus
NEET MDS 2019 Syllabus will be the subjects in the Bachelor Degree in Dental Surgery. The list of subjects and important topics are listed below:
- Applied Basic Sciences
- Applied Anatomy
- Applied Physiology
- Applied Pathology
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Prosthetic Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial surgery
- Embryology & anatomy of head and neck
- General & Oral Surgery
- Surgical Anatomy
- Surgical Procedures
- Conservative Dentistry
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology
- Oral Medicine
- Community Dentistry
NEET MDS 2019 Result
Result is announced on January 25, 2019. NEET MDS 2019 Result is valid only for the qualifying year. There are four types of results announced based on the quota allotted:
- All India 50% Quota
- State Quota
- Private Dental Colleges / Institutions / Universities /Deemed Universities
- AFMS Institutions
How to check NEET MDS Result 2019?
- Visit the official website of NBE, nbe.edu.in
- Login using your login credentials
- Look for ‘Check Result’ tab
- Result will be displayed.
- Download and Print for future reference.
NEET MDS Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the competitive entrance examination, their inter se merit will be determined according to age, older will get preference over younger.
NEET MDS 2019 Cut off
NEET MDS Cut off 2019 is determined by the percentile obtained by a candidate. Percentile is calculated on the basis of the highest marks secured in the exam. Candidates should meet NEET MDS Cut off to be eligible for subsequent rounds of the admission process.
Minimum qualifying score in each category is as follows:
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40 %|
|Persons with Disability||45 %|
NEET MDS 2019 Counselling
NEET MDS 2019 Counselling is expected to begin on March 14, 2019. The counselling will be conducted online and candidates will be asked to visit the allotted college/institution for document verification. Counselling for different quota will be conducted by different bodies at separate schedules
- All India 50% Quota – Medical Counselling Committee, Directorate General of Health Services
- State Quota Seats – State Designated Authority / University
- Private Dental Colleges / Institutions / Universities / Deemed Universities – Designated Counselling Authority of Private Dental Colleges / Institutions / Universities / Deemed Universities
- Armed Forces Medical Services – Army Dental Corps , Ministry of Defence, Government of India
The counselling will be conducted separately for each category. The procedure for counselling is as follows:
- Register on the website of the counselling authority. The links and necessary information will be provided on the NBE website
- Enter the relevant details like NEET MDS Registration Number, Name, Date of Birth, Gender,etc for completing NEET MDS Registration
- Candidates will be issued a new username and password
- Login in using the credentials to select the college of their choice
- Candidates can select the preferred college of choice from the list of available choices
- Once satisfied, candidates will have to lock their selection
- Candidates can make multiple edits before submission. Once submitted, candidates will not be able to make any changes after locking
- If candidates do not lock their selections, then the selected college will be allotted to them
- The board / designated authority will review the applications and allot the seats based on the merit list
- An allotment letter will sent to the candidate via email and post
- Once the seat is allotted , Candidates will have to attend NEET MDS Counselling at the scheduled time and venue for document verification
- Candidates can pay the admission fees and block the seat allotted to them
Documents Required for Verification
This is an important step of the admission process. Candidates should take additional care while entering the details. Any mis-interpretation or false data can lead to dis-qualification of candidates. The required list of documents include:
- BDS Mark Sheets
- BDS Degree Certificate
- Internship Certificate
- Dental Council of India Certificate
- Authorised Government Proof like Pan Card, Aadhar Card, etc
- 10th / 12th certificate
- Category Certificate
- Necessary Document Proof when applied in special category
NEET MDS 2019 Counselling Schedule
|Counselling Registration||March 14, 2019|
|Preferred Seat Selection||March 2019|
|Seat Allocation||March 2019|
|Seat Allotment||March 2019|
|Document Verification and Admission||April 2019|
|Seat Selection (Round 2)||April 2019|
|Seat Allocation (Round 2)||April 2019|
|Seat Allotment (Round 2)||April 2019|
|Document Verification and Admission (Round 2)||April 2019|
|Transfer of Remaining Seats to State Quota||May 2019|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College