Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women's University - [SNDT] Quick Updates
Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women's University or SNDT Women’s University is the first women university in India. The University Headquarters is located in Churchgate Campus, Mumbai. It has two other campuses in Juhu and Pune. SNDT Women’s University is in top 50 multi-disciplinary universities. It ranked sixth in Western India as per Week-Hansa Research ranking. The University offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, certificate and diploma courses. Students who don't want to join regular college can also opt for various Distance courses offered by University under its Department of Distance Education.
SNDT Women’s University Courses
Below mentioned are some of the courses offered by the University:
Travel and Tourism
Communication and Media
Check SNDT Women’s University Courses with Fee
SNDT Women’s University Admissions
The candidates seeking admission in the University will be required to fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the rules of the Institution. Admissions are done on the basis of the merit obtained in the qualifying examination. However, the University conducts an entrance exam namely MHT-CET for some of the courses.
- Merit-Based Courses – B.A., LL.B., B.Sc, B.Com, M.Sc, BCA
- Entrance-Based Courses – B.Ed, M.Ed, B.Tech, MBA, M.Tech, MCA
Click here SNDT University Admissions 2019
SNDT Women’s University Scholarships
The university offers the following scholarships/freeships to the students:
- Dr. Vijaya Mulay Scholarship: This will be given to one UG student of 3rd year and one PG student of 1st year. The amount of scholarship for UG student will be 30,000 INR and 60,000 INR for PG student per year.
- Centennial Year Endowment Scholarship: This will be given to one regular PG student with an amount of 25,000 INR per year.
NOTE: Above mentioned scholarships will only be given if the students ranked among the first ten students in the examination. Also, they should not be availing any other scholarship.
SNDT Women’s University Facilities
- Hostel: The University has well-equipped residential buildings for the students. Each hostel has amenities like reading room, indoor games room, warden office, guest room, and dining hall with a mess. Admission to hostel will be granted strictly on the basis of merit and distance.
- Vast library with unique facilities: The university maintains a huge library which aims at providing quality knowledge and adequate resources while focusing on women empowerment. It flaunts a wide range of books, journals, newspapers, pamphlets, leaflets, etc. in different languages
- National and international collaborations: The SNDT Women’s University has linkages with some of the leading educational institutions, central and state governments and industries. These include UNICEF, UGC, Govt. of India, Swedish International Development Agency, British Council.