Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM), Hyderabad is one of the best Private Engineering University established in 2009. It has been accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade. The University offers graduate, postgraduate and research programs that promote the intellectual transformation of students into well-rounded individuals. GITAM Hyderabad’s flagship program of B.Tech. in Aerospace engineering is designed in tune with the advancements in aviation, defense and spacecraft technologies.
|Accreditations & Recognitions||UGC, NAAC, AICTE, TCS, NIRF, ACCA|
|Total Students | Ph.D. Scholars||22,000 | 1200|
- University of Texas
- Central Michigan University
- Florida International University
- Nipissing University
Listed below are some of the achievements and ranking statistics of the University:
- Recognized by MHRD as Category “I” Deemed-to-be University
- 1001+ Rank in Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018
- 85th rank in NIRF-2018 University Rankings
- TCS recognized GITAM as level A grade for student innovations
The following graph shows the ranking of the University as per TIMES Ranking:
GITAM Hyderabad Courses
GITAM offered a common academic structure for all its undergraduate and postgraduate courses such as B.Tech, B. Arch, B.Pharmacy, M.Tech, MBA, and Ph.D./ M.Phil Courses. Admissions to the university are done through GAT (GITAM Aptitude Test) Entrance Exams.
|B.Tech||A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry and first class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.|
|B.Arch||A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects|
|M.Tech||Minimum 60% marks in BE/ B.Tech/ AMIE/ an equivalent examination in relevant subjects|
|MBA||50% marks in any graduate degree|
Click here: GITAM Hyderabad Courses
GITAM Hyderabad Admissions
Candidates who are planning to take admission in GITAM must register for the prescribed entrance examinations on the official websites of HB-SAT/ CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ NMAT/ JEE Main/ GATE. However, for GAT/ GSAT, candidates must visit the official website of the University. The university conducts both online and offline modes of the application process.
To apply for admission in the Hyderabad campus of the university, candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps –
Mode 1: Online
Step 1: Visit the official website of the University to apply for GAT.
Step 2: Fill the online application form carefully.
Step 3: Upload the recent passport-sized colored photograph of dimensions 4cm X 4cm.
Step 4: Submit the application form by paying INR 1000 (for boys) and INR 600 (for girls) either via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net-banking
Step 5: Fee can also be paid via Demand Draft in favor of Director-Admissions, GITAM, Gandhinagar Campus, Rushikonda, Vishakhapatnam – 530045, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Mode 2: Offline
Candidates can also obtain the application form for GAT by requesting it by post along with a DD of INR 150 in favor of ‘GITAM University’, payable at Vishakhapatnam. Similarly, the application form for GSAT can also be obtained by post from the Principal of GITAM School of Science by requesting it via. post with a DD of INR 350 in favor of ‘GITAM University’, payable at Vishakhapatnam. Attach the Self-attested copies of documents listed below for GSAT application form:
- 10th and 10+2 mark sheets and passing certificate
- Bachelor’s degree/ provisional certificate
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- Medical Certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner.
- Send these filled application forms along with a DD of INR 1000 (for boys) and INR 600 (for girls) for GAT to – Director-Admissions, GITAM, Gandhi-Nagar Campus, Rushikonda, Vishakhapatnam – 530045, Andhra Pradesh, India
Following are the selection criteria for the courses offered at the University:
Click here: GITAM Hyderabad Admissions
GITAM Hyderabad Placements
This university has a dedicated placement and training cell which helps students in providing them the necessary trainings. The students who graduated from GITAM are preferred by many top-notch companies of IT and core sectors.
|MNCs and Corporates visited||100+|
|Alumni across globe||30,000+|
|Startups by GITAM graduates||35+|
|Total Students Placed till now||30,000+|
The batch of 2019 witnessed 136 total offers being made by reputed companies. The list includes Tata Consultancy Services, Virtusa, Zenstar, Mindtree, ValueLabs, Value Momentum, TA Digital, Hitachi Solutions, Accenture, Oracle, Tech Mahindra, etc.
Check: GITAM Hyderabad Placements
GITAM Hyderabad Scholarships
GITAM offers financial assistance to the candidates as detailed below:
|Scholarship||GAT Rankers||JEE Main Rankers||AP & TS EAMCET Rankers|
|100% of Fee||1-10||1-250||1-50|
|75% of Fee||11-100||251-2500||51-500|
|50% of Fee||101-500||2501-6000||501-2000|
|25% of Fee||501-3000||6001-50000||2001-25000|
Know more: GITAM Hyderabad Scholarships
GITAM Hyderabad Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the University to the students:
- Library: It has a rich collection of over 34 lakh books and e-journals, 8494 national and international print journals. The library is provided with INFONET services that facilitate online access to e-books and journals.
- Hostels: The University has 2 boys and 2 girls hostels for the students studying in its academic programs. It provides facilities like Wi-Fi, Safe drinking water, Round the clock security, Availability of qualified doctors and a resident warden.
- Laboratories: It provides excellent opportunities to the faculty and students for conducting innovative research in multiple disciplines. It has the most modern computer labs equipped with high-end software systems. It serves with 5 Gbps of internet speed to students.
About GITAM Hyderabad
GITAM aims to impart futuristic and comprehensive education of global standards and is responsible for imparting education in the field of Engineering and Technology. GITAM campuses have state-of-the-art infrastructure and well-equipped laboratories in addition to excellent student support facilities such as modern libraries, playgrounds, hostels, multi-cuisine food courts, banks, etc. The Campus has six schools: School of Technology, Hyderabad Business School, School of Pharmacy, School of Architecture and School of Science and School of Humanities & Social Sciences.
GITAM Hyderabad Faculty
Given below is a brief about the faculty members at the University:
Prof. C. Appa Rao
- Qualifications: M.A., MBA, ACS, Ph.D.
- Specialization: Entreprenuership
Dr. Ramamohan Rao Matta
- Qualifications: M.A., Ph.D., MBA
- Contributions: Published 7 books and 15 Research Papers
Dr. M S V Prasad
- Qualifications: M.Com, MBA and Ph.D.
- Awards: Best Theme Paper by CESS; Best Research Paper Award by ISEE, Germany.
Prof. K Ashok
- Qualifications: M.A., Ph.D.
- Awards: Gold Medal for 1st Rank in M.A. and Best Teacher
Dr. K V Sandhyavani
- Qualifications: B.Sc, MBA, PGDHM, Ph.D.
- Contributions: Presented 9 papers at National and International levels and published 10 research papers.
Know more: GITAM Hyderabad Faculty
GITAM Hyderabad FAQs
Ques. How is GITAM Hyderabad?
Ans. It is is one of the prestigious institutions in Hyderabad. It offers 9 branches in engineering along with Physics, Chemistry, English, and Mathematics. It has a really good infrastructure that creates an environment of growth and skill development. There are student clubs that take an active role in improving not only their technical knowledge but also communicative skills.
Ques. For CSE, which is better GITAM Hyderabad or GITAM Visakhapatnam?
Ans. GITAM Visakhapatnam is better than Hyderabad judging on the basis of infrastructure, teaching faculty, extra classroom activity and the number of students being placed. The curriculum though is the same for all the three campuses in a particular branch of engineering and it holds the same for all the branches.