Ques. What value-added courses does university offer?
Ans. Some of the popular value-added courses offered at Kalinga University are:
||Yoga & Meditation
||Speaking and Writing English effectively
||Impact of Medicinal Plants on Society
Ques. What are the academic courses offered by the Kalinga University IDE?
Ans. Kalinga University Institute of Distance Education offers:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Diploma in Computer Application (DCA)
- PG Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
Ques. How are Kalinga University admissions held?
Ans. Admission to Kalinga University is based on the Kalinga Scholastic Entrance Examination (KALSEE). It is a Computer Based Test (CBT) conducted by Pearson VUE (for Kalinga University) and is held in various cities across India & other countries. The exam is of 90 minutes duration for all UG & PG Courses and of 120 minutes duration for the Ph.D. program. There is no negative marking in the test and the students need to score 50% marks to qualify the exam.
Ques. What is the KALSEE application fee?
Ans. The application fee for KALSEE is as follows:
- India & SAARC: INR 1000 for all courses except PhD
- India & SAARC: INR 2000 for the Ph.D. program
- Fee for other countries & NRI - 40$ -for all courses except PhD
- Fee for other countries & NRI - 50$ - for PhD
Ques. What is the KALSEE exam pattern?
Ans. The exam consists of 90 questions for the UG and PG programs and 100 questions for the Ph.D. program. Each question carries 1 mark with no negative marking. Syllabus for each category of KALSEE exam is given below:
- B.Tech program: Physics (25 marks), Chemistry (25 marks), Maths (25 marks) & English Communication (15 marks).
- Other UG programs: English Communication (25 marks), Logical Reasoning (25 marks), Quantitative Aptitude (20 marks) & General Aptitude (25 marks).
- All PG programs: English Communication (25 marks), Logical Reasoning (25 marks), Quantitative Aptitude (20 marks) & General Aptitude (25 marks).
- LLM program: English Communication (25 marks), Legal Awareness and Aptitude (25 marks), Quantitative Aptitude (20 marks) & Logical Reasoning (20 marks).
- Ph.D. program: Paper 1 is common to all, comprising of 50 Objective Type Questions. Paper 2 is as per the specialization applied, comprising of 50 Objective Type Questions.
Ques. How is the placement of Kalinga University?
Ans. The placements at Kalinga University are quite good. From the placement cycle of 2018-19 academic year, below are the highlights of the Kalinga University placements:
||INR 10 LPA
||INR 2.83 LPA
|Total no. of recruiters
||Lido learnings, BYJU’s, Karvy Stock Broking Pvt. Ltd., Nestle, Eteam INC, Pin Click Management Pvt. Ltd.
Ques. What is Kalinga Plus?
Ans. Kalinga Plus is an initiative of Kalinga University towards exploring knowledge to students and working professionals about their career opportunities. Kalinga plus helps pre-university students (i.e. class XI and XII) to decide their career stream and working professionals regarding workplace challenges.
Ques. Do Kalinga University award scholarships to students scoring good marks in the national level entrance exam?
Ans. Students scoring a minimum of 80 percentile or above in JEE, CAT, XAT, MAT, ATMA, CMAT, LSAT, CLAT, SAT, GMAT, NEET, GATE, NDA, NIFT, UPSC, CGPSC, and any other State PSC Examination are given 50 % Scholarship on tuition fee. Students with scores between 70 to 79.99 percentile in the above said exams are given a 30% scholarship on tuition fees.
Read More: Kalinga University Scholarship
Ques. How are hostels at Kalinga University?
Ans. There are separate hostels for boys and girls with all the modern facilities for a healthy living. The hostel rooms have attached washroom (except in certain dormitory rooms), bed (without mattress), table, chair, and storage unit. Both AC and Non AC rooms (sharing basis) are available (as opted). Wi-Fi for internet connectivity is available for scheduled timing for academic purposes only and subject to conditions. Students are permitted to keep certain electrical devices like electrical iron, laptop, mobile charger, hair trimmer, and hairdryer.
Read More: Kalinga University Hostel Fees
Ques. Who can take admission to Kalinga University IDE?
Ans. Kalinga University IDE is open for Students, Professionals, People having Government Jobs, Entrepreneurs, House-wives, or any other individual who wishes to pursue higher education while still continuing with what she/ he is doing. Government job people need to submit Department NOC.