Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Jammu (SKUAST), is a state university established in the year 1999. It is affiliated to the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The university offers a variety of UG, PG, Ph.D., Diploma, and Certificate courses in the field of Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Fisheries, Veterinary and Animal Sciences, and other allied sciences. Admission to most of the courses is done based on the CET conducted by the University.
SKUAST Jammu Highlights
|University Type||State University|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Doctoral|
|Basic Admission criteria||Entrance-based|
SKUAST Jammu Courses
Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology offers the following courses at the UG, PG & Doctoral level:
|B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture||10+2 or equivalent with 50% marks (40% for Reserved) in PCB and English.|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Biotechnology||10+2 or equivalent with 60% marks in PCB and English|
|B.V.Sc. and AH||10+2 or equivalent with 50% marks (40% for Reserved) in PCB and English.|
|M.V.Sc.||Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject with 60% marks (50% for Reserved)|
|M.Sc. (Basic Science and Biotechnology)|
|M.Sc. (Agri. and Allied Sciences)|
|MBA Agri-Business||Graduate with 50% marks|
|Ph.D. (Agriculture/Vety./Basic Sciences)||Master’s degree in relevant subject with 6.5 OGPA|
|Diploma in Basic Agriculture/Horticulture Training||10+2 or equivalent in science stream|
Read more: SKUAST Jammu Courses and Fees
SKUAST Jammu Admission
Admission in UG and PG courses is based on the SKUAST-J CET score or ICAR CET score followed by marks in qualifying examination.
The selection of candidates in Ph.D. is granted on the basis of merit in UG and PG courses also, followed by an interview and counselling rounds.
Admission to the Diploma and Certificate courses is given on the basis of merit secured in10+2 and 10th standard respectively.
- Visit the official website of the university
- Click on the CET application form link.
- Fill all the personal details, Educational Details in the form.
- Upload the recent passport size photograph and signature
- Review all the details and submit the form.
- Pay the application fee by Credit Card, Debit Card, or through Net Banking.
Read more: SKUAST Jammu Admission
SKUAST Jammu Placement
Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology has a counseling and placement cell that assists the students in finding jobs in their respective fields.
It will help the students in interacting with experts in different fields. The cell also conducts various training programs for their personality development with specialized lectures on resume making, communication skills.
Some of the top recruiters are IL&FS, Bank of India, NBHC, IFFCO, and many more.
Read more: SKUAST Jammu Placement
SKUAST Jammu Facilities
- Hostel: Separate hostel accommodations are there for boys and girls. There are four hostels with sufficient rooms with adequate furniture and other facilities.
- Library: There are two libraries with a good variety of books, magazines & journals. Both the libraries have open access and are housed in their respective modern and spacious buildings.
- Health care Facilities: The medical facilities including ambulance services are there for the students and residents round the clock. A dental chair facility is also available.
- Sports/Cultural activities: There are a large playground and gymnasium, including the facilities of different games and sports. The students are encouraged to take part in state and inter-university competitions.
Read more: SKUAST Jammu Hostel
SKUAST Jammu FAQs
Ques. Does the Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Jammu provide any internship opportunities?
Ques. Does the Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Jammu provide financial assistance?
Ques. What is the application fee for CET?
Ques. How are the faculties at Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology?
Ques. Is there any entrance test for a Ph.D. in Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Jammu?