Khaja Bandanawaz University (KBNU) is a private university established in 2018 and situated in Kalaburagi, Gulbarga. The varsity is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the Medical Council of India (MCI).
KBNU Gulbarga offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in the field of Science, Engineering, Medicine, Arts & Humanities, Education, and Commerce.
The minimum eligibility for admission to undergraduate programs offered at KBNU Gulbarga is 10+2 while for the postgraduate program is a graduation degree. KBNU Gulbarga Admission for different programs is conducted through various entrance exams such as NEET, KCET, Karnataka PGCET, and GATE.
KBNU Gulbarga Highlights
|Established/ Institute Type||2018/ Private|
|Programs Offered||UG, PG, Doctoral Programs|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD, B.Tech, M.Tech, B.A, M.A, B.Sc., M.Sc, B.Com, B.Ed|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance Exams|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG & PG, KCET, Karnataka PGCET, GATE|
|Facilities Available||Library, Laboratories, Computer Lab, Sports Facilities, Hostel|
KBNU Gulbarga Courses
Khaja Bandanawaz University (KBNU) offers UG programs like MBBS, B.Tech, B.A., B.Sc., B.Com, and B.Ed. and PG programs like MD, MS, M.A., M.Sc., M.Tech, M.Sc., and Ph.D. Tabulated below are the details of each UG and PG course offered at KBNU:
|MBBS||Medicine and Surgery||Passed in 10+2 from a recognized board|
|B.Tech/B.E.||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||Passed in 10+2 with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks|
|B.Tech/B.E. (Lateral)||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering||A minimum of 45% aggregate marks in all subjects of 5th and 6th Semester of Diploma Degree Examination OR Passed B.Sc. Degree with 45% aggregate marks|
|B.A.||Arabic, English Literature, Urdu, Islamic Studies, Mass Communication, and Multimedia||Passed in 10+2 OR Passed any Job Oriented Course (JOC, 10+2)|
|B.Sc.||Operation Theatre Technology (OTT), Optometry, Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technician, Medical Laboratory Technician, Physiotherapy Technology, Biological Science, Biotechnology, Geography, Mathematics, Zoology||Passed 10+2 with Science subjects with 45% aggregate marks OR Passed Diploma in Paramedical Course (Health Inspector Course)+2|
|B.Sc. Nursing||-||Passed in 10+2 with 45%|
|B.Com||-||Passed in 10+2 with 45% OR Passed any Job Oriented Course (JOC, 10+2)|
|B.Com (Lateral Entry – 3rd Semester)||Passed 3 Years Diploma in Commercial or Secretarial Practice conducted by Karnataka DTE|
|B.Com (Lateral Entry – 5th Semester)||Passed 2 Years Diploma in Business Administration conducted by Karnataka DTE|
|B.Ed||Scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in B.A., B.Sc., B.Com from a recognized board|
|M.D||Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Community Medicine, Skin & Dermatology (DVL), General Medicine, Anaesthesiology, Radio-Diagnosis||Must Pass MBBS Degree or equivalent.|
|M.S.||OBG, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Orthopaedics|
|M.Tech||Structural Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Geo-informatics||Passed with a minimum of 50% in B.E./B.Tech|
|M.A||English, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic, Political Science, Mass Communication & Media Sciences, Public Administration, Psychology, Economics, Sociology, Women’s Studies||Passed BA or equivalent|
|MSW||-||Passed BSW or BA in any stream with 50% aggregate marks|
|M.Sc||Medical Biochemistry, Medical Microbiology Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Psychology, Mathematics, Electronics, Geography, Genetics, Geology, Food and Nutrition||Must score a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in MBBS / BDS / BAMS / BHMS / BUMS / B.Pharm / B.V.Sc / B.Sc. Life Sciences / B.Sc. Biology /B.Sc. Biochemistry / B.Sc. Nursing / BMLT / BPT / B.Tech. (Bio-Tech.)|
|Ph.D||Zoology, English, Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||Passed in Master’s Degree examination with at least 55% aggregate marks|
KBNU Gulbarga Admission
Khaja Bandanawaz University (KBNU) Gulbarga provides admission to its UG, PG, and doctoral programs through candidate’s Q.E. and various entrance examinations whether national level or state level.
- Admission to the MBBS program is merit-based through NEET-UG while admission to MD or MS program is through NEET-PG.
- The University provides admission to its B.Sc. and B.Com (General and Lateral) program through KCET. While for B.E./B.Tech program is through a candidate’s rank in KCET (50% of seats) and KBNCET (50% of seats).
- Admission to the M.Tech program is based on the rank obtained in GATE or Karnataka PGCET. While admission to M.Sc. program is through K PG CET.
- KBNU Gulbarga provides admission to its BA, MA, MSW, and Ph.D. program through candidate’s merit rank through their qualifying examination.
- Admission to B.E. and B.Com Lateral Program is through KCET.
How to Apply?
- Candidates need to visit the official website of KBNU Gulbarga @kbn.university.
- Go to the “Downloads” section and select the desired course to fill in the pre-registration form.
- Register using the valid email address and phone number.
- Login using your email id and fill in the application form with the required information.
- Attach the required documents as prescribed in the application form. Pay the required application form fee.
- Verify the details and submit. Take a printout of the filled application for further requirements.
KBNU Gulbarga Placements
The Placement and Training Cell of Khaja Bandanawaz University (KBNU) Gulbarga is highly committed to providing assistance to students in career establishment. They help students in acquiring the necessary skills. Some of the activities under the placement cell are as follows:
- Communication and Technical training
- Organizing Campus interviews
- Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Workshops
- Students of the KBN College of Engineering have campus placements frequently where companies like L&T, ACC Cement, and Ultratech Cement pay a visit for recruitment.
KBNU Gulbarga Scholarships
Khaja Bandanawaz University (KBNU) Gulbarga has various scholarship facilities that are awarded to meritorious students. Additionally, the varsity provides financial assistance to minorities or the EWS. Some of the scholarships provided are as follows:
- WAKF Board Scholarship
- BCM Scholarship
- Women’s Development Board
- SC/ST Scholarship
- Post metric scholarship for Backwards classes and minorities
KBNU Gulbarga Facilities
Khaja Bandanawaz University (KBNU) Gulbarga provides various facilities to cater to the needs of students and faculty.
- Library: The varsity has a library in each different College building containing books & journals pertaining to Engineering, Science, Commerce, Medical and Arts & Humanities
- Hostel: KBNU provides well-furnished separate hostel facilities for both girls and boys.
- Labs: The lab facility of KBNU Gulbarga include separate labs for Medical Science, Engineering, and Science students respectively
- Sports Facilities: The varsity has stadium facilities for playing both indoor and outdoor sports.
- Computer Labs: KBNU Gulbarga has computer labs with next-gen systems and continuous 100Mbps internet for students in different streams respectively.
- Other Facilities: Classrooms, Auditorium, Cafeteria, Medical
KBNU Gulbarga Faculty
KBNU Gulbarga has experienced and qualified teachers who have also undergone faculty training programs. There are several Ph.D. degree holders in each college of KBNU Gulbarga. Each subject department has a HOD. There are over 500 lecturers in this college.
- Faculty of Medicine has 222 professors in various departments.
- Faculty of Engineering has 62 professors overall.
KBNU Gulbarga FAQs
Ques. What is the accommodation fees offered at KBNU Gulbarga?
Ques. Does KBNU Gulbarga offer internship facilities to its MBBS students?
Ques. What documents are required for verification during KBNU Gulbarga Admission?
Ans. There are various documents required during the KBNU Gulbarga Admission verification process that is:
- Entrance Exam Admit Card,
- Entrance Exam Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- Bachelor and Master’s Degree Certificate and Mark Sheet (wherever applicable)
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
Ques. What all exams are accepted for KBNU Gulbarga Admission?
Ques. How to reach KBN University Gulbarga?