AIIMS, Bhatinda is an autonomous institute established in the year 2019. It offers a 5-year duration MBBS program with 50 seats out of which 24 are reserved for the students belonging to the General category while the rest are divided among OBC/ SC/ ST and Persons with special needs. The admission is based on the NEET-UG examination and has scored apt marks as per the institute's cutoff. The application mode is online.
AIIMS Punjab Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2019 | Government|
|Approved By||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
AIIMS Punjab Courses
The institute only offers an MBBS program of 5-year duration.
|MBBS||Specialization: Human Anatomy, General Medicine, Orthopaedics, Human physiology including biophysics, Biochemistry, Radiotherapy, Psychiatry
Duration: 5 Years
Eligibility: Students must complete their 10+2 from a recognized board or University with a minimum score of 50%.
They must also have Biology as a compulsory subject along with Physics and Chemistry. Students applying for the medical entrance examination must be at least 17 years of age
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (NEET-UG)
Read More: AIIMS Punjab Fees
AIIMS Punjab Admissions
AIIMS Bathinda, Punjab follows an online mode of admission. Scores of NEET-UG are considered across the country to secure admission in MBBS at AIIMS. 50 UG seats for MBBS. Applicants clearing the cut-off score required by the college combined with the scores obtained in their board examinations will be considered for admission in MBBS. The students will also have to go through a counselling round.
How to Apply?
- Candidates wishing to secure admission in AIIMS Bathinda must compulsorily appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Undergraduate) NEET-UG.
- Candidates must procure an eligibility certificate from Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) Punjab
- The admission process is conducted online. Students have to apply through the AIQ counselling and admission process.
AIIMS Punjab Cutoff
Applicants wishing to pursue their MBBS course from AIIMS Bathinda must clear the necessary cut-off set as per the college. On average the applicant must obtain a score of 650 to guarantee admission to the institute. The total seats for MBBS at AIIMS Bathinda are 100 divided into General (Unreserved)/OBC/SC/ST. Approximately 50% of seats are allocated to the unserved category while the rest is divided among the reserved category. The cut-off ranges from 580-670 NEET entrance marks.
|Category||Seats Available||Cut off Marks|
|Unreserved||51||662 – 667|
|SC||15||605 – 610|
|ST||7||580 – 585|
AIIMS Punjab Scholarships
Scholarships at AIIMS Bathinda are provided based on the merit or economic conditions of the students. Usually, the scholarships are provided at the beginning of the year. Students with excellent academic performance are granted scholarships.AIIMS Bathinda, Punjab provides scholarships under the following conditions
- Academic Merit Scholarships
- Scholarships based on Economic conditions (fee concession)
- National & International Scholarships Merit-based on Academic performances.
Apart from this, the students can also apply for scholarship schemes like Central, Top, and Punjab scholarship schemes.
AIIMS Punjab Facilities
Built on 177 Acre land, AIIMS Bathinda provides 750 beds, 11 departments along with 16 Operation theatres. The college allocates 100 seats for medical students while 60 seats for students pursuing Nursing as a course.
- Hostel: AIIMS Bathinda, provides a separate PG/UG for Girls and Boys and also Guest House facilities. The hostels have all the basic amenities required by students during their academic years to ensure a comfortable stay at the campus
- Auditorium: The college has approximately a 500 seater Auditorium within the campus for celebrations, ceremonies, inaugurations, etc.
- Ragging & Tobacco-Free Campus: The college ensures a Tobacco & Ragging free campus for its students to ensure a quality environment and peaceful liveable conditions within the campus
AIIMS Bathinda FAQs
Ques. How is AIIMS Bathinda faculty?
Ans. To impart top-notch knowledge among the students and raise future doctors to lead the world, the college has appointed reputed professors in each of its departments. The faculty at AIIMS Bathinda are experienced professors with PhD degrees.
- Total no. of professors:17
- Convenors: 04
Ques. How many AIIMS Punjab colleges are there?
Ques. What is the NEET Examination cutoff for admission to AIIMS Bathinda?
Ques. What are the average fees for the AIIMS Punjab MBBS program?
Ques. How much does an MBBS doctor earn?
Ques. What is the key difference between an MD and an MBBS?
Ques. What are the dates for NEET 2021?
Ques. What are the documents required for admission to AIIMS Bathinda?
Ans. Documents Required are:
- NEET Hall Ticket
- NEET Rank Card
- NEET Score Card
- Date of Birth (D.O.B.) Certificate
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter/ Call Letter
- Caste Certificate
- Prepaid Fee Receipt
- Class 10 Marksheet
- Class X Passing Certificate
- Class 12 Marksheet
- Class XII Passing Certificate
- PUC Marks Card and Passing Certificate (if any)
- AADHAR Card as address proof
- Character Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Family Income Proof
- A copy of the parents’ PAN Card
- Proof for the parents’ address and identity
- 8 recent passport size photos
- Medical Fitness Certificate