Champlain College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1878, Champlain College is not for profit, private institution located in Burlington, Vermont. The institute also has its presence in Dublin, Ireland, and Montreal, Canada through two of its international campuses. The college is a reputed name in the US Education System that offers 30 undergraduate, 24 graduate and 15 online Associate and Bachelor's Degree programs to its candidates.
In online education, the college has around 25 undergraduate certificate programs in the fields of business, technology, and health care. The institute enrolls around 2100 (2129 in 2019) undergraduate students from 18 countries and other states of the USA. About 62% of students are male and the average class size is generally 16 with a student-faculty ratio of 12:1.
Admissions at Champlain College are available on a rolling basis around the year. The institute charges no application fee from its aspirants and thus allows a fair and equal chance to all at quality education when seeking to study in the USA. With an acceptance rate of around 75%, the organization falls under the category of moderately competitive institutes of the country.
With its career-oriented approach, its students find many job opportunities in the USA. Within only six months of graduation, 91% of its Class of 2019 were employed or continuing their education.
Champlain College Rankings
- #66 in Regional Universities North, #38 in Best Colleges for Veterans, and #35 in Best Undergraduate Teaching according to US News & World Report.
- Best Online Colleges in America #15 of 147, Best Colleges for Information Technology in America #20 of 130, and Best Test Optional Colleges in America #46 of 122 as per Niche ratings.
- Champlain College has got a place in the Princeton Review's "The Best 385 Colleges" and "Best Northeastern" colleges in 2020.
The college has been ranked by various institutions globally as well as nationally. It has been ranked among the Most Innovative Schools in the USA consistently.
|Agency and Category||Ranking|
|US News and World Report, Most Innovative Schools||#6|
|US News World Rankings, Regional Universities North||#75|
|US News World Rankings, Best Undergraduate Teaching||#28|
|US News World Rankings, Best Value Schools||#46|
|Princeton Review||Best 385 colleges in 2020|
|Type of University||Private|
|Year of Establishment||1878|
|Average Class Size||16|
|Application Fee||Nd Fee charged|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
|Financial Aid||Available as awards and scholarships|
Champlain College Campus
- The Champlain College 22-acre campus has buildings and facilities for Academics, Administration, Athletics, Dining, Library, Housing, Samuel de Champlain Statue, Lakeside Campus Shuttle, Spinner Place Shuttle, Parking, and disabled parking also.
- The IDX student center on campus organizes events like apple picking, visiting a haunted corn maze, playing laser tag, roller skating, or learning to swing dance every weekend.
- The Campus has residential and dining facilities for the students.
- The college campus has Computer labs, 3D animation and game production labs, multimedia classrooms and editing suites, a digital photography lab and darkroom, the Metz Studio Barn, the Emergent Media Center and the Senator Leahy Center for Digital Investigation as Champlain college is one of the world’s top game designing and developing institution.
Champlain College Accommodation
- In The hill section of Burlington, on Campus, the college has renovated 20 Victorian Era houses for freshmen and sophomores living. Each of these houses accommodates around 40-50 students and these houses are spread across the South to the North of the Campus.
- The modern contemporary housing is also available on campus for returning students. Juniper Hall, Valcour Hall, Butler Hall, Lakeview hall, Adirondack Hall, Boardman Hall, 308 Maple Street are the modern type of housing on Campus.
- The college also has apartment-style housing with one, two, three, and four-bedroom options of suite-style living. This housing is located downtown and added in 2018 to the college housing. A shuttle runs from housing to Campus from 7 am to 11 pm so students can travel to and fro without incurring any costs.
- The accommodations of all types provide basic furniture and furnishings, Laundry facilities, study, and recreational spaces. Kitchen facilities are either common or private according to the accommodation type.
- The apartments are fully furnished units with washer, dryer, kitchen, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, Internet, and all utilities included in rent.
- The dining facilities are also having a lot of variety. The IDX dining hall, The Grill, and Zime are various locations where students can get nutritious and tasty food. The Carte Blanche plan is around USD 6,000 for one academic year. And there are other meal plans also to choose from.
- The accommodation provided on campus or by college costs around USD 10 to 12,000 per year.
Programs by Champlain College
- The College offers a plethora of courses for international students including Associate, Bachelor, and Master degrees and undergraduate and postgraduate certificates in Business Management, Marketing and other related areas, Communication, Journalism, Computer Science, and Information Technology, Education, Health professions, Homeland security and law enforcement, Legal professions, Liberal Arts, Languages, Mathematics, Psychology and Performing arts.
- The institute provides 30 majors and 26 specializations for its candidates to choose from.
- The College is known for its game developing programs and skills and has the entire equipment and well-equipped labs and classrooms to offer related programs.
- The College also offers Study- abroad programs and has two international campuses that help in this process.
- There are 12 online bachelor degrees, 20 undergraduate certificates, and four associate degrees offered at the college to students
- Due to its high demand, the university offers an online MBA program that prepares students for business and entrepreneurial life after graduation
Champlain College Application Process
How to apply?
Application Fee: No application fee charged by the college.
Application Deadline: The admissions are taken on a rolling basis according to seat availability.
Basic Admission Requirements
- Standardized Test Scores SAT or ACT is not required for undergraduates but if students would like to submit the scores for their academic competency, they can. GRE/GMAT scores are required for Graduates depending on the programs.
- Official transcripts of High school/College degree. These transcripts must be attested by the issuing university or Board.
- English Language proficiency test(s) for international non-native English speaking applicants-
- One letter of recommendation highlighting the academic potential needs to be submitted.
- Financial support documents and Passport copy of ID pages
Champlain College Cost of Attendance
For all the prospective candidates of the institute, an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US has been tabulated below.
|Item||Amount for Undergraduate (in USD)||Amount for Graduate (in USD)|
|Tuition||42,564 (per annum)||4,770 (per three semester)|
|Residence||9,856- 15,900||9,856- 15,900|
|Health and Activity Fee||220||220|
|Health and other insurance||1,960||1,960|
|First Year Fee||220||220|
|Books and supplies||1,000||500|
Online undergraduate programs cost 318 USD per credit and 954 USD per course while online graduate programs cost 795 USD per credit and 2,385 USD per course.
Scahorlships by Champlain College
The college provides financial aid to its students and approximately 90% of the students receive some type of financial aid in the form of awards and scholarships for international students to study in the USA. The average total scholarship amount varies from 1,000 USD - 30,000 USD per year per student. Apart from that, the college also has the facility of providing state aid programs, federal grants, and other scholarships by organizations
College’s Endowed Scholarship Funds for Students come from the donors that are generally awarded to the students who can successfully demonstrate their financial need to carry out their academic goals.
The college has a merit-based scholarship for which all first-year incoming students are automatically eligible on the basis of their previous academic record and the application essays etc.
Besides this, the college has some specific subject-related awards. The college also helps students apply for state grants and loans to meet their study expenditures.
Other Sources of Funding:
Applying for scholarships to study in the US can be overwhelming due to their extensive application filing process. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
- American University Emerging global leader Scholarship
- United World Colleges International Youth Scholarships.
- Civil Society Leadership Award
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
- The College alumni Champlain-connect organize reunions, recreational events, sports events, conducts philanthropic events, scholarships, and helps in mentoring the students.
- The alumni have various alumni networks and the Leadership board also. Being a member of this board is a prestigious position for the students.
- The alumni through its regional and international chapters help in generating jobs and career opportunities for the students of the college and help in enhancing their skills from time to time according to the current needs of the market.
- Some notable alumni of the College are Jeremy Bishop, Basketball player; Clem Bissonnette, Politician; Steven Crowder, Political commentator; Rusty DeWees, Entertainer; Maxine Finkelstein, Executive; Volodymyr Heninson, President of soccer's Ukrainian Premier League; James McNeil, Politician; Laura Sibilia, politician; and Donald H. Turner, Politician.
Champlain College Placements
The College has a Career Development Center known as career collaborative and subscribes to the online job portal Handshake that allows the students to upload their resume and look for the suitable available positions. The portal also helps in polishing and acquiring employment skills. The employers are also able to post their requirements on the portal.
Champlain College has several dedicated career services to help its students get the best of the opportunities. Some statistics regarding Chapmplain placements:
- 91%: Champlain College Class of 2019 students employed or continuing education six months post-graduation.
- 88%: Students Employed in Career-Relevant Jobs
- 89%: Employed students in positions related to their career goals.
- The median starting salary of Champlain College is USD 48,700.
- The median salary for graduates with a master’s degree in management is USD 72,800.
- According to Payscale the average salary of Champlain College graduates is USD 62,674.
The average salaries of Champlain College graduates by job designation are tabulated below:
|Designation||Average Salary Per Annum (USD)|
|Forensic Computer Analyst||68,000|
|Information Technology (IT) Director||115,000|
Ques. What are the online programs available at Champlain College?
Ans. The college provides a variety of online programs be it graduate or undergraduate or certificate programs. Some of the programs are MBA, MEd in Early Education, MS in Digital Forensic Science, MS in Information Security, Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Bachelor's Degree in Computer and Information Systems.
Ques. What is the average salary of Champlain College graduates?
Ans. According to Payscale the average salary of Champlain College graduates is USD 62,674.
Ques. How many students get placed at Champlain College?
Ans. Within only six months of graduation, 91% of its Class of 2019 were employed or continuing their education.
Ques. What is the tuition fee for graduate and undergraduate programs at Champlain College?
Ans. Given below is the tuition fee for both undergraduate and graduate programs:
Undergraduate: USD 42,564
Graduate: USD 795 Cost/Credit
Ques. What are some of the scholarships available for international students at Champlain College?
Ans. Champlain College offers various types of scholarships to both undergraduate and graduate domestic and international students. The scholarships are merit-based diversity scholarships, need-based scholarships, and others.
Ques. How can I apply to Champlain College?
Ans. Students can apply through the official university website or the Common Application. The applications are free of cost.
Ques. What are the admission requirements for international students at Champlain College?
Ans. The admission requirements for international students at Champlain College include an online application, transcripts, portfolio, proof of English proficiency, letter of recommendation, sat or act is not required personal interviews. Some applicants may be asked to submit additional documents
Ques. Does the college provide accommodation facilities to international students?
Yes, Champlain College offers accommodation facilities to international students through its resident halls. Some of which are Victorian Era Residence Halls, Apartment Style Residence Halls, Suite Style Accommodations, and others.
Find a Program
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
While searching for colleges online I got to know about this college and also it was recommended to me by one of my relatives earlier. My 12th board CGPA of 9 made it easy for me to apply to this college, with an application fee of $30. I was shortlisted for the same and got admitted to the college.
Course Curriculum :
Through our Curriculum, we're made relevant to many of the fields of Audio Production, Screenwriting, and Introduction to Filmmaking. We're made to explore different types of work on and offset. This early experience allows us to have more time to build our portfolio and make informed decisions about our own interests.
Being an international student I was looking for colleges where scholarships for international students are available. Thus I applied for Champlain College. There the scholarship process is easily accessible. To apply for the course I did not pay any application fee as I applied through the common application (online portal).
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum taught me to study human mind behavior. It will introduce me to the main perspectives, schools of thought, and the principal methodological approaches to the study. We experience a focus on the application of psychology to solving real-world problems and study the underlying application of psychological science to many possible career paths.
I chose Champlain College because it was close to my home! I didn't want to lose 2 hours in my day only to get to school. I also chose Champlain college because it is public and I didn't want to pay extra fees only for the name. Also, I chose Champlain college because it was in English. I wanted to be better in English so Champlain is the perfect place for that!
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum is great.
Because it is very close to my house and it is in front of my high school. I chose this college because the transportation to get it is very simple it only takes a 10-minute bus ride. Also, I opted for this one because it is on the south shore and I do not need to go into Montreal.
Course Curriculum :
Pretty general but good. The commerce classes I took made me learn a lot and I got good grades. I feel like there was not enough math in all my classes and I find math very important. I am happy with the course curriculum.
Small College and it was an anglophone college, I wanted to be bilingual and since French is my first language I wanted to go to and English college. Also a small college was preferable for me to be able to enjoy this experience
Course Curriculum :
Some introductory classes are not structured enough, as a first-year student it can be overwhelming to be left with too few if any guidelines. I would understand for a second-year class but when it's a first-year class, I believe it should be more structured
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary