The University of Virginia is a public institution located in Charlottesville, Virginia. The university was established in 1819 and is ranked the third best public university by U.S news and World Report.
University of Virginia offers around 121 majors through eight undergraduate and three professional schools. The most popular majors at the university are:-
- Biological sciences
- International relations and affairs
Why Choose University of Virginia?
- University of Virginia has endowment of $9.5 billion in the year 2018.
- Annually the university contributes $644.5 million to the local economy through its research and development.
- Its campus is protected by UNESCO
- The recent research of the university have been recognized by scientific media such as journal science, this credited the university faculty as top two global breakthrough of 2015.
- The faculty and alumni of university have founded various companies such as Reddit, this produces more than $1.6 trillion in the annual revenue.
University of Virginia Programs, Faculty and Divisions
University of Virginia offers 121 courses through eleven schools in Charlottesville and the College at Wise in Southwest Virginia.
- Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy
- College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
- Curry School of Education and Human Development
- Darden School of Business
- McIntire School of Commerce
- School of Architecture
- School of Continuing & Professional Studies
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- University of Virginia's College at Wise
University of Virginia Campus and Residence
University of Virginia has a wide campus of 1682 acres. The campus is also a World Heritage Site of the United States.
Almost, 39% of all students can be accommodated in the campus and it is mandatory for undergraduates to stay on the campus. Accommodation is available in both Hall and Suite styles.
University of Virginia Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for admission into University of Virginia
- Test scores: SAT/ACT for UG students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL; IELTS; or PTE
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume or CV(graduate students)
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for
- Graded writing samples as per the department demands.
- Undergraduate applicants use either Common Application or Coalition Application. Graduate Applicants apply directly through the online application portal on the official website
- Each department has its own website and its own set of requirements including application deadlines.
- The application deadline is January 1.
- The application Fee for undergraduates is $70 and for graduates is in the range of $ 70 - $ 250
University of Virginia Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of Attendance at University of Virginia.
|Cost of Attendance||$62,335|
|Room and Board||$11,220|
|Books and Supplies||$1,320|
University of Virginia Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Aids
University of Virginia meets 100% of demonstrated need financial need through scholarships, grants, work-study, and need-based loans.
32% of students are awarded some level of need-based assistance, the average need-based scholarship or grant award being $22,129.
University of Virginia Alumni
University of Virginia has more than 221,000 alumni. Alumni of university enjoy various benefits such as:-
- 20% discount on alumni hall facilities
- Discounts for alumni events
- Career advising
- Multiple tickets and gift cards
List of Notable Alumni
- Claudia Emerson- Pulitzer Prize Winner
- Wyatt Allen - Two-time Olympian and 2004 gold medalist in Men’s Rowing
- Tina Fey- Film and television actress
- Fred Bames – Co-founder of the Weekly Standard
- Kathryn Thornton – NASA Astronaut (1985-1996)