Case Western Reserve University is a private university established in 1826. It is the result of the 1967 federation of Case Institution of Technology and Western Reserve University. The university is in Cleveland, Ohio in the heart of University Circle.
Case Western Reserve University offers 95 undergraduate degrees, 135 graduate and professional degrees, and 140 dual-degree programs. The most popular majors at the university are:-
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
Why Choose Case Western Reserve University?
- The University had endowment of $1.80 billion in 2017.
- It is a leading institution for research in electrochemistry and electrochemical engineering
- The Michelson-Morley Interferometer experiment was conducted in the university in 1887 by Albert Michelson.
- The university has 17 Nobel Laureates affiliated with it.
Case Western Reserve University Program, Faculties, and Division
Case Western Reserve University offers 95 undergraduate, 135 graduate and professional, 140 dual-degree program along with 100 interdisciplinary academic and research institutes. The University is divided into nine institutes listed below:-
- Case School of Engineering
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Frances Payne Bolton school of Nursing
- School of Dental Medicine
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- Weatherhead School of Management
- School of Graduate Studies
- Jack, Joseph and Mortan mandel school of Applied Social Sciences
Case Western Reserve University Campus and Residence
Case Western Reserve University is spread over 267 acres in the Cleveland’s University Circle and has a 400-acre located in Hunting Valley, Ohio.
- The university’s library has a holding of 2.85 volumes
- Accommodation for all undergraduate students enrolled for the first two years of the admission.
Case Western Reserve University Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for admission into Case Western Reserve University
- Official transcripts
- SAT/ACT scores (undergraduates) and GRE/GMAT scores (graduate applicants) Secondary school report (undergraduates)
- Three letters of recommendation (graduates)
- Statement of purpose (graduates)
- Resume/CV (graduates)
- IELTS/TOEFL scores (International applicants)
- Translated transcripts (International applicants)
- Writing Samples
- Graduate students can apply through online application portal on official website
- The non-refundable application fee for Graduate program is $70.
- The application deadline is 15th January
- Both undergraduates and graduates can apply through same website.
Case Western Reserve University Cost of Attendance
Tuition fee for undergraduate residential students at different campuses are tabulated below:
|Tuition fee||$ 48604|
|Books and supplies||$1200|
|Housing and Meal||$ 15,190|
|Personal Expense||$ 1350|
|Matriculation Fee||$ 555|
Case Western Reserve University Scholarships, Bursaries, and Financial Aids
- The average need-based scholarship or grant award is $30,713 and 100% students are offered aid.
- The average award amount is $46,967 per year
- More than 28% students receive merit based scholarship and average award amount is $23,573
Case Western Reserve University Alumni
With the alumni network of more than 110,000 across the globe. Alumni get several benefits such as:-
- Exclusive Discounts
- Continuous education
List of a few Notable Alumni:
- Paul Berg –Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
- Herbert Henry Dow- Founder of Dow Chemical
- Paul Buchheit- Creator of Gmail
- Julie Gerberding- former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Barbara Allyne Bennet – actress and member of Screen Actors Guild (SAG) national board of directors
- Craig Newmark – founder of Craigslist