University of Dayton Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fees & Scholarships
University of Dayton is a top-tier research university, situated on the banks of the Miami River in southwest Ohio. Some of the popular majors of University of Dayton are Business, management, marketing, engineering, and education. Undergraduate tuition fees at Dayton University for international students is around USD 44,100.
There are total 11,677 students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, and law courses at University of Dayton. There are 10,899 international students from more than 65 countries. Dayton has over 12,000 alumni members which are spread worldwide. Over 97% of the students receive some kind of financial assistance at University of Dayton.
University of Dayton Rankings
According to US news 2021, Dayton University ranking are mentioned below:
- #133 in National Universities
- #45 in Best Value Schools
- #371 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #118 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs
- 240th by US college Rankings given by THE (Times higher education)
Ranking by QS top universities, Dayton University ranking are mentioned below:
- US UNI (universities)- 201-250
- QS WUR Ranking by subject- 401-450
|Year of Foundation||1850|
|Student faculty ratio||18: 1|
|Student Retention Rate||69%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part-time; online|
Dayton University Programs
- The University of Dayton offers more than 80 undergraduate programs, 50 master’s degree programs, 12 doctoral programs, numerous licensure, and certificate programs.
- The most popular courses at Dayton University include: Business, Management, Marketing, engineering; Education; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; and Health Professions.
- By US News are Worlds report, the online education programs of education and health sciences is ranked 58th.
Top Programs at Dayton University
Dayton University Campus
- Dayton University campus is spread over 388-acres of land in the south Ohio city divided into four sections namely Historic Campus, Campus West, River Campus, and Arena Sports Complex.
- These sections house Immaculate Conception Chapel, School of Engineering and school of law, Humanities Center, Science Center, Central Hall, Libraries, aerobics, and cardiovascular rooms, sports facilities for basketball, floor hockey, racquetball, tennis. and volleyball with a swimming pool and a large gym.
- The University campus houses many clubs and sports facilities for its students.
Dayton University Housing
- Dayton University provides on-campus housing and 100% first-year students stay on campus.
- The University has five residential halls for first and second-year housing, 8 for upper-division students and 6 for graduates and law students.
- The apartments such as Lawnview Apartments houses, Campus South and Garden Apartments can also accommodate more than 300 students.
- The average cost per year for housing is around 9,000 to 12,000 USD per year.
- Pets are not allowed in residence halls and adequate safety arrangements including CCTV supervision is there at the campus housing. A student can also reside in the off campus housing options in USA.
Dayton University Admission Process
Application Portal: Online Portal
Application fee: No application fee required
Documents required: International students should fulfill following requirements to apply for Dayton University admissions.
- Application submitted with the essay.
- Letter of recommendation (this is optional).
- Official Transcripts of secondary schools attended. If not in English, a certified English translation should be provided
- Proof of English proficiency
- Financial documentation: International students should provide a letter of financial support and a bank statement showing sufficient funds to cover the first year of study.
Dayton University Cost of Attendance
An estimated budget for studying in the US for international students is mentioned below:
|Room and board||15,100|
|Books and Supplies||1,000|
|Insurance and Personal Expenses||4,750|
- Dayton university allows application for financial aid at no extra cost and offers various scholarships for international students in US.
- Based on SAT/ACT and GPA Scores the university offers merit scholarships, worth up to 112,000 USD (over four years) to new students enrolling at the university.
- Merit scholarship: UD awards international merit scholarships to selected first-year international applicants. These scholarships are worth up to USD 25,000 per year toward your tuition. Students are automatically considered for an international merit scholarship upon applying for admission.
- You are welcome here scholarship: To celebrate and support international students, Dayton University offers this scholarship.
Dayton University Alumni
- The University Alumni has an association that connects its members effectively through social media by running blogs etc and the alumni network is of around 1,20,000 members.
- The association offers many volunteer programs and helps members with academics and career services.
- The alumni have peer to peer, and social media ambassadors to help the members and provide university-related services.
- Some notable alumni of the University are Jon Husted, Ohio Lieutenant Governor; Erma Bombeck, Humorist; David Bradley, Engineer; Bruce Graham, Architect; Jon Gruden and Chuck Noll, Super bowl coaches; and Charles J. Pedersen, Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry.
Dayton University Placement
- 97% of the students get employed in a full-time service within six months of graduation at Dayton.
- Dayton hosts career fairs each fall and spring semester. This is for the students looking for internships, cooperative education, and full-time job opportunities in the US.
- In every spring semester, Dayton University hosts an Education interview day, in which employers interview for a variety of majors.
|Degree||Average salary (USD)|
|Bachelor of Arts||90,000|
|Bachelor of Science||77,000|
|Master in Science||50,000|
Ques. What GPA do you need to get into Dayton University?
Ans. The University of Dayton requires a GPA of 3.82.
Ques. What is the cost of living at Dayton University?
Ans. USD 60,900 which includes tuition fee, room and board fee, books and supplies, and all other institutional charges.
Ques. Is the Dayton test optional?
Ans. Dayton is test-optional in admission for the fall 2021 entering class and beyond.
Ques. Are faculty members easily accessible?
Ans. Faculty members can be contacted using email, visit during office hours, or via phone.
Ques. What are the application deadlines?
Ans. Application deadlines vary with the programs. If not mentioned there, you have to complete the process 8 weeks before the beginning of your class.
Ques. Can the application be edited and updated once it has been submitted?
Ans. One can edit some of the parts but not all information can be changed.
Ques. What if one wants to change his program of study after applying?
Ans. If the new program has the same eligibility criteria as that of applied before we can enroll with creating a new application.
Ques. What support services are available when enrolled?
Ans. The ‘Office of international student services’ offer students’ assistance in areas such as immigration issues, personal advising, emergencies, etc.
Ques. How many residence halls are available for the students on the campus?
Ans. For first and second-year students, Dayton University provides 5 residence halls for each.
Ques. What is the average ACT score?
Ans. 23-29 is the score requirement at Dayton University.
Find a Program
Application Portal :https://www.udayton.edu/apply/undergraduate/application-info.php
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I worked as a software engineer for over an year, my next step in my career is to work in field of AI. In order to do that i need to choose the subjects which are related to that field. This university is providing all the subjects which are related to AI and has a good research team.
Course Curriculum :
After graduating from India in bachelor's degree I decided to pursue higher education in the same field in the USA. I had applied to several colleges and was shortlisted in two colleges. I have chosen this college the most for its excellent reviews and optimum fee that I could afford. Since my educational background was good, I was selected. I had applied here online by paying $125.
Course Curriculum :
During my days in college topics such as Operating Systems and Systems Programming, Compilers, Program Analysis, Software Design Studio and Optimisations, Interactive Computer Graphics, and many other topics were covered. The curriculum offered me a comprehensive approach to the theory and application of computer science. Through the curriculum, I was also able to learn a thorough grounding in the theory of computing science and the ability to apply that knowledge to a variety of problem areas.
I wanted to go to this university because it had outstanding courses and other resources, and I took help from an academic advisor, who confirmed my decision and helped me get in here. I collected all the information related to the internet and submitted it through the official college website, the application fee I paid was about $ 125.
Course Curriculum :
My curriculum was designed in a creative and balanced way. Includes various classes to be taken. Talent recruitment, human resource management, global talent management, and HR Analytics are just a few of them. It has given me the skills to analyse, edit, and problem-solving to deal with real-world HR problems.
One of the best Aerospace research based collage. Giving paid opportunity to work under different partners (Like Internship).
Course Curriculum :
Not sure they are giving all courses in all departments. but I want to study some good courses and they are not providing it. We can take theses or non thesis program. So, Depends on that we should take project courses and research based courses.
I was attracted to University of Dayton based on both its academic reputation as well as knowing several others from my high school whom I respected attending here ahead of me. I have found opportunities for personal growth and development not only academically, but also to expand beyond classroom knowledge. Most of my professors in my major have real world experience outside of academia and it shows. The professor for the capstone class in my major was instrumental in guiding me to an internship this past summer which greatly expanded my professional experience…
Course Curriculum :
The subjects are updated with the current job markets and in the first semester they cover basics of computer science which will really help us understand the gist of the subject. We do have research opportunities, projects which will be made available after the completion of two successful semesters.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary