Hofstra University is a private institution founded in 1935 in Hempstead, Long Island. Located in suburban environment the university enrolls more than 11,000 students every year.
The University offers 160 undergraduate and 165 graduate degree programs. The most popular majors offered at the university are:-
- Public relations/ image management
Why Choose Hofstra University?
- Hofstra University had an endowment of 584 million USD
- Hofstra University is a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- The university has been host for several president debates.
- Hofstra is the only university selected to host three consecutive US Presidential debates.
- The university runs a semester-length study abroad program “The European Odyssey” which allows students to visit 10 countries in Eastern and Western Europe.
Hofstra University Programs, Faculty and Division
The university runs 160 undergraduate and 165 graduate programs under following schools of study:
- School of Education
- School of Health Profession and Human Services
- School of Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts
- School of Natural Sciences
- School of Mathematics
- Frank G. Zarb School of Business
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law
- Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science
Hofstra University Campus and Residence
- Hofstra University is spread across 244 acres campus with an Arboretum and Bird Sanctuary inside the campus.
- There are more than 35 residence halls in the campus.
- Around 3500 students can be accommodated on the campus
- Undergraduates are given priority consideration for campus residence
Hofstra University Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for Admission into Hofstra University
- Test scores: SAT/ACT for UG students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL; IELTS;PTE
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Writing samples
- Resume or CV(graduate students)
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for
- Candidates can apply through online application portal on the official website.
- One can apply for all courses using same portal
- The application fee is 70 USD
Hofstra University Cost of Attendance
The average estimated cost of attendance at Hofstra University has been tabulated below:-
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Cost of attendance||61,940|
|Tuition and fees||43,960|
|Room and board||14,930|
|Books and supplies||1000|
Hofstra University Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Aids
- Hofstra University offers average amount of 33,000 USD as award every year.
- Around 99% of students receive some kind of aid.
- More than 19% of students receive merit-based scholarships of an average amount of 20,000 USD
Hofstra University Alumni
Hofstra University has more than 140,000 alumni across 50 states and 100 countries. Alumni of the university enjoy following benefits:-
- Alumni Card with access to libraries, career centers, and computer labs
- Career and social networking events
- Philanthropic opportunities
- Alumni Book Club
List of Notable Alumni –
- Chris Albrecht- President and CEO of Starz, former chairman of HBO
- Maryanne Trump Barry- U.S. Court of Appeals Judge, sister of 45th U.S. President Donald J. Trump
- Lenora Fulani-First woman and First African American to get her name on the ballot for U.S. President including all 50 states
- Avi Arad- Founder of Marvel Studios and producer of the Spider-Man and X-Men films
- Brian Barry- SAG actor, I Am Legend & X-Files
- James Caan- Actor, The Godfather
- Godfrey Cambridg-Actor & comedian, Watermelon Man
- Christopher Walken- Academy Award-winning actor