University of Alabama: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The University of Alabama is a renowned public research institution established in 1831 at Tuscaloosa, Alabama. It was the state’s first public institute. The University of Alabama provides outstanding facilities on campus as well as for educational requirements that also at an affordable cost to domestic and international students. University provides a degree in 6 different study areas like arts, business, and science. The institute has good and highly qualified professors which make students career strong enough to overcome all the challenges in their life. College provides jobs in 4 different sectors common, government, specialized, and online company. In 2019, the institute had an enrollment of over 38,000 students.
University of Alabama Rankings
- Ranked 153 in national university by U.S News in 2020
- The University of Alabama is ranked between 400-500th by THE 2020 rankings.
- Ranked 2 by Niche for best college in Alabama 2020.
|President||Stuart R. Bell|
|Financial aids||Scholarships, discounts.|
|Mode of program||Fulltime, online, place-based|
University of Alabama Campus
- The institute is spread on a beautiful campus of 1,200 acres.
- The University of Alabama has 2.9 million documents, 100000 government documents, and 2.5 million volumes of books are held by university libraries. The University of Alabama has six separate libraries.
- The campus now provides the new fitness facility to staff and students. Students can use it free of cost.
- Also, the institute has Bama dining which has a variety of on-campus options for nutritious and delicious food. Students can order meals online as well.
- The students can also find 8 on-campus museums with natural history and archaeological parks and many more interesting things. Some of these are the oldest museums in Alabama.
- The institute provides free bus services to the students making transportation easy and affordable.
- There are 600 plus student organization in the University of Alabama which organizes the different events and club activities on campus. University also has a student media team.
- The University of Alabama is home to a variety ofinternational, multicultural, and religious student organizations. TheGlobal Caféhosts events and programs catered to the UA international community including anInternational Spouse Group.
University of Alabama Programs
- The University of Alabama provides more than 100 certificates, bachelor’s, and post-graduation programs. College provides a wide range of study subjects like arts, business, fine arts, science, trades, upgrading, health, and social work.
- The institute provides 70+ undergraduate degree programs through 12 college and schools:
- College of arts & sciences
- College of communication & information sciences
- College of community health sciences
- College of continuing studies
- Culverhouse college of business
- College of education
- College of engineering
- Graduate school
- Honors college
- College of human environmental sciences
- School of law
- Capstone college of nursing
- School of social work
- It also provides an undergraduate degree in fields of basic science like chemistry, physics, and mathematics. After completing undergraduate and post-graduate in material science then students can even apply for a Ph.D. in that subject at the University of Alabama.
- Furthermore, the provides specialized subject certificate arts, health, social services, trades, upgrading, computer engineering, consumer science, cybersecurity, and science.
- Postgraduate courses are offered in more than 120 subjects. Arts, communication and information science, engineering, nursing, interdisciplinary studies, business, education, human environmental sciences, social work, and community health science are the major branches of the University of Alabama.
- The University of Alabama provides over 12 degrees and a Ph.D. in Law. University provides skills for legal writing, law clinics, law journals, and public interest law.
Top Courses at University of Alabama
University of Alabama Application Process
An institute is an ideal place for international students to learn and grow. The students must note that the deadlines mean that the institute should receive all the admission material including official transcripts by the given dates. The added advantage of applying to the University of Alabama is that students can get conditional offers as well. An applicant may apply to only two programs at a time.
Application fees: 80 USD
Deadlines: The deadlines are for international Undergraduate applicants. For graduates, it varies according to the programs.
|Term||Academic Calendar||Application Deadline|
|Fall Semester||August – December||May 1|
|Spring Semester||January – May||October 1|
|Summer Semester||June – August||March 1|
- International student application
- Copy of Passport
- Affidavit of support
- Unofficial transcript
- Standardized test score (ACT, SAT)
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial admission scores (GRE, GMAT, MAT or MCAT; if required by the department)
- Letters of recommendation
The University of Alabama considers applicants with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for admission. Students who meet the academic and financial qualifications, but do not meet the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score requirement may apply for conditional admission. Once admitted, international applicants must submit one certified copy in the native language along with certified English translations of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates of degree.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
The University of Alabama requires one of the following tests for undergraduate admission. Students who want to apply for admission in a minimum of 24 credit hours from the US institution need to have a minimum score in the following exams.
University of Alabama Cost of Attendance
Estimated cost for full-time undergraduate and graduate students for the 2020-21 academic year. These amounts reflect the estimated budget to study in the USA for a full-time dependent student.
The costs are on annual basis and are presented in USD.
|Expense||Fall Semester||Spring Semester||Summer||Total|
|Books & Supplies||500||500||‡||1000|
* Meal cost reflects the USDA guideline of an average of 300 USD per month in expenses for groceries for an individual plus 350 USD Dining Dollars per semester.
‡ Summer tuition, fees, books, and supplies are not included in the estimated annual costs. If summer is your first semester of study, you must enroll full-time. Undergraduate and graduate students will need to show an additional 15,015 USD in funding for summer tuition and fees.
University of Alabama Residence
- The University of Alabama provides 8400 residents facility on campus in 34 residence halls. Now in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, residence halls are continuously cleaned and sanitized.
- The entire freshmen are required to stay on-campus and may apply using MyHousing portal.
- Each room in the residence hall has an extra-long twin bed, dresser, desk, chair, carpeting, sofa, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave, fan, and window blinds.
- The institute provides traditional, suite, and apartment-style floor plans, as well as, various Living-Learning Communities and Themed Housing to provide living options that fit the needs of each resident.
- All UA residence halls come with the security of a 24/7 community desk and live-in staff, all utilities included individual leases, and convenient on-campus locations.
- The basic facilities that all halls provide are:
- 24/7 community desk service
- High-speed internet access
- Cable TV access
- Fully furnished
- Laundry facilities (1.50 USD/load to wash and 1.25 USD/load to dry)
- Mail is not delivered to individual buildings. Send all mail to the Ferguson Mail Center.
- All residence halls are open for fall and Thanksgiving breaks.
Rates of housing per semester are as follows:
|Burke, Harris, and Parham hall (double occupancy)||2,950 USD|
|Burke, Harris, and Parham hall (single occupancy)||3,350 USD|
|Paty hall(double)||3,000 USD|
|Paty hall (single)||3,400 USD|
|Tutwiler (double)||3,450 USD|
|Tutwiler (single)||3,850 USD|
|Blount hall||3,850 USD|
|England hall||4,250 USD|
|Group houses||3,100 USD|
|Suite-style halls||4,900 USD|
- Home stay: College has partnered a homestay network to provide homestay services in Alabama. In the homestay, students live with a local family to experience American culture.
- Off-campus living: the University of Alabama also maintains off-campus housing for those who are looking for roommates or room on rent. University has an apartment directory and housing directory from where students can approach to have a home.
University of Alabama Financial Aid
- The University of Alabama offers a generous scholarship program for students enrolling in the main campus fall term.
- International incoming first-time freshmen admitted before March 1, have a qualifying composite score on the ACT or total score on the SAT (critical reading and math scores only) by the end of February, and have at least a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA through December of the senior year will be eligible for the following automatic merit-based scholarships:
|Scholarship||Test Score||GPA||Yearly Value (USD)|
|Presidential||32-36 ACT or 1420-1600 SAT||3.50+||28,000|
|UA Scholar||30-31 ACT or 1360-1410 SAT||3.50+||24,000|
|Foundation in Excellence||29 ACT or 1330-1350 SAT||3.50+||15,000|
|Foundation in Excellence||30-36 ACT or 1360-1600 SAT||3.00-3.49||15,000|
|Collegiate||28 ACT or 1300-1320 SAT||3.50+||10,000|
|Capstone||27 ACT or 1260-1290 SAT||3.50+||8,000|
|Capstone||28-29 ACT or 1300-1350 SAT||3.00-3.49||8,000|
|Crimson Legends||25-26 ACT or 1200-1250 SAT||3.50+||6,000|
|Crimson Legends||27 ACT or 1260-1290 SAT||3.00-3.49||6,000|
- Students can even apply for loans to complete the education and loan is to be paid back after you are employed.
- The students may have a part-time job while studying to pay their college fee money.
- Also, the institute will be offering Academic Elite Scholarships for fall 2021 for international students. There are a total of 8 academic elite scholars named each year. The pool of eligible applicants typically exceeds 1,000 students. These scholarships are awarded for 4 years. The benefits include tuition fees, housing discounts, stipend, book discounts, etc.
- Nationwide, there are more than 100 active alumni chapters of The University of Alabama.
- Over 35,500 members include not only alumni but also thousands of University of Alabama supporters and Crimson Tide Fans.
- The Student Alumni Association represents the university by taking prospective students on private lunches, engaging other students through community service, and networking with alumni at events.
- The National Alumni Association has a membership benefits package that includes a membership card and car decal, quarterly issues of award winning Alabama Alumni Magazine, discounts at various area merchants, hotel and rental car discounts, and much more.
- Some of the notable alumni of the institute are as follows:
- Bear Bryant: - Football player
- George Wallace: - American Democratic politician
- Harper Lee: - American novelist
- Joe Namath: -Football player
- Mel Allen: - American sports caster
- Sela Ward: -American actress
- Richard Shelby: -Senior united state senator
University of Alabama Placements
- The career center of the University of Alabama is quite active as it focuses on developing skills, connecting students with opportunities, helping them explore future possibilities, and more.
- The University of Alabama organizes career fairs, where industry involvement, internship opportunity, and full-time employment opportunities are offered
- It also has Oakley Society Professional Mentoring where alumni & professionals of the field empower and encourage students for future growth
The average salary of University of Alabama alumni/graduates by job as per Emolument is tabulated below:
|Field/Subject||Average Salary (USD)|
|IT & Software Development||105,000|
|Finance Control & Strategy||115,000|
|Sales & Business Development||78,000|
|Consulting & Accounting||60,000|
|Course/Degree||Average Salary (USD)|
|Bachelor of Science||97,000|
|Bachelor of Arts||69,000|
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. What is the acceptance rate of the University of Alabama?
Ans. The University of Alabama is selective while accepting candidates for final admission. The acceptance rate in fall 2019 was 83%
Ques. Is the University of Alabama a reputed institution?
Ans. Yes. It is one of the best MBA university in Alabama and it has been ranked as the best value law school by National Jurist’s Pre -Law Magazine
Ques. What are the top programs offered at the University of Alabama?
Ans. Some major programs offered here are Engineering, Business, Arts & Science, MBA, Law, and Medical programs, etc
Ques. What is the University of Alabama known for?
Ans. The University of Alabama is a leading public research university which is known for its academic excellence.
Ques. What is the ranking of the University of Alabama?
Ans. US News has ranked it 143rd the best university in the nation while THE has ranked it between 601-800 in the world.
Ques. What is the application deadline for admission?
Ans. The application deadline for international students for fall and spring term respectively is July 1 and November 1
Ques. What is the average salary of University of Alabama graduates/alumni?
Ans. The average salary of UA MBA graduates is USD 102,000 annually.
Ques. I am from Asia. Can I apply for University of Alabama admissions?
Ans. Yes. The University of Alabama accepts applications from all corners of the globe. There are several Asian students here.
Ques. Does the University of Alabama offer on-campus housing?
Ans. The University of Alabama provides on-campus housing through its 34 residence halls with a capacity of over 8,400 students. Students can choose from the traditional, suite, and apartment-style housing.
FIND A PROGRAM
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #601 - #800
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #501 - #600
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #401 - #500
View More >>
QS World University
RANKED #801 - #1000
After finishing my BBA I started hunting for best colleges abroad where I can pursue my Masters. After lots of research, I'd shortlisted more than 10 colleges of the United States and started applying one by one. As my educational background was well enough and luckily few colleges had shortlisted me and one of them was the University of Alabama and I'd chosen that college to pursue my MBA for the next two years. I applied to the college at its official website along with the application fee of $80.
Course Curriculum :
The MBA course offered to me in some aspects is easy yet challenging. I had my enrollment done very easily without consuming much time as the registration process is very smooth. However the workload, especially in my major, is very much which demands more time and efforts, but it was fine and I get used to it.
Being a commerce student, I wanted to pursue my graduation in accounting and finance, as I had to run my father's organization after completing my post-graduation. I had chosen this university as it strives to provide a quality, practice-oriented educational experience. The University of Alabama was offering a master's program that is fully accredited by AACSB international. I had filled a UAB application form online and an application fee of 30USD (non-refundable) was charged. I had applied in nearly five colleges, but the University of Alabama was providing education under the least costs and enhanced learning skills with flexible schedules and ongoing academic and professional support.
Course Curriculum :
The university has a diverse curriculum for its courses and provided me with expert skills in manifold fields of accounts and finance. It provides conceptual accounting and business knowledge for a foundation in professional careers in public, private, and industrial accounting. The course helped me to mandate different course emphasis and provided me to choose courses, Also, the finances curriculum is designed to provide an understanding of financial, operating, and investment problems in financial and non-financial institutions and provided careers in areas of government, banking, insurance, and in the financial management of non-financial institutions.