Foster School of Business Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Foster School of Business has a population of over 2,500 students for 2019 session. A business school of the University of Washington, Foster School of Business offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in business and management disciplines.
- Application for undergraduate admission is accepted through Coalition Application.
- Postgraduate applications are accepted through University of Washington Graduate Application
- GRE/GMAT scores are required for graduate admission.
- Admission is based on the academic records, test scores and supplementary information submitted by applicants.
|Application Portal||Coalition Application/University of Washington Graduate Application|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||Undergraduate: Domestic: $80; International: $90
|Mode of Payment||Credit card|
|Average GPA for Undergraduate||3.91|
|Average SAT Score||1410/1600|
|Average ACT Score||32|
Foster School of Business Admissions Deadline
The full-time academic session at the Foster School of Business, USA begins in the Autumn and Spring seasons. The students may apply up to one year in advance for early decision.
Deadline for undergraduate and graduate program is provided below:
|Transfer||Summer/ Autumn: April 5
Winter: October 5
|Graduate||Varies with Program|
English Proficiency Requirement for International Students
International students must have proof of their English language proficiency by providing scores of any one of the following tests, to be eligible for undergraduate admission at the Foster School of Business, USA:
|Test Name||Score Required for students|
|SAT Evidence-based Reading and Writing||580|
Note: Minimum score required to demonstrate english proficiency for graduate admission, varies with program.
Visa Process for International Students
- Form I-20 is issued to International applicants from the Foster School of Business, USA.
- Applicants are required to provide the following documents to receive the Form I-20 as a part of the visa process:
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support
- Bank statement
- Foreign SEVIS Address
- SEVIS transfer form (if applicable)
- Complete the I-20 and pay the SEVIS I-901 fee of $200.
- Applicants then need to apply for the F-1 visa. Submit the form and pay the application fee.
- Schedule and attend the visa interview
Foster School of Business Undergraduate Admission
The Foster School of Business, USA offers admission to Bachelor's degree in Business Administration major. Although no minimum GPA is required for first-year admission, applicants with 3.9 or above GPA have a greater chance of acceptance.
Where to Apply: Coalition Application
Application Fees: Domestic: $80 & International: $90
- Official Transcripts
- Certificates and documents demonstrating proficiency
Requirement for transfer students:
- At least graded 60 college credits from UW and/or other accredited colleges and universities
- 2.5 or above GPA for all college credits, including transfer credits
- 2.5 or above GPA for all of the following:
- Business course credits, including transfer credits
- UW credits
- UW business course credits
- At least three Writing Skills Assessment score
- A personal statement of 1000 words
Students are required to have studied the following courses (or equivalent):
- English Composition
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Introduction to Law
- Statistical Methods
Foster School of Business, USA Graduate Admission
The Foster School of Business, USA offers numerous graduate courses to prospective applicants. Various types of MBA degree offered by college are Full-time, Executive, Evening, Hybrid, Technology Management and Global Executive.
Where to Apply: University of Washington Graduate Application
Application Fee: $85
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Official transcripts of institutes previously attended
- GRE/GMAT score
- Recommendation letter
Additional requirements for some of the graduate programs are:
|Programs||Application deadline||Academic Requirements||Minimum English Proficiency Required|
|MBA||Round 1: October 8
Round 2: January 8
Round 3: March 17
|3.0 or above GPA, Essays, Resume, Two letters of recommendation, Video Interview||TOEFL (PBT): 600
TOEFL (IBT): 100
|Master of Professional Accounting||International: January 15
Domestic: February 15
|GMAT scores, Three letters of recommendation||IELTS: 7.0
TOEFL (IBT): 100
|Master of Science in Business Analytics||Round 1: December 16
Round 2: January 15
|Essay, Resume, Two letters of recommendation, Video Interview||TOEFL (PBT): 580
TOEFL (IBT): 92
|Master of Science in Information Systems||February 1||750 words Personal Statement, Resume, Two letters of recommendation, Statement of Integrity, Video Interview||TOEFL (PBT): 580
TOEFL (IBT): 92
Foster School of Business sends undergraduate admission offer letter, to accepted students, by May 1. Acceptance decision for MBA programs is conveyed to students within two months of the application deadline. GPA of students is given 40% weightage in the admission decision. Students should refer to the college's guidelines while submitting resume and personal statement.