Fisher College of Business: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Fisher College of Business offers courses related to business, accounting, and entrepreneurship and falls under the Ohio State University, Columbus. They have more than 8000 aspirants enrolled in undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs. The school was established in 1916. Fisher College of Business holds meaningful partnerships with Fortune 1000 companies. Many forward-thinking companies turn to the Fisher faculty to develop new ideas and business solutions.
- The university is at 31st position overall and 11th position amongst the public Colleges in the rankings given by US News and World Report 2020 in terms of full-time MBA programs.
- The undergraduate program in the Fisher College of Business ranks an overall 15th and 7th among the Public Universities in the USA by US News and World Report 2020.
- Other undergraduate courses such as Operations, Accounting, and Finance hold 9th, 10th, and 12th place respectively by US News and World Report 2020.
- Ph.D. programs hold 20th rank among the public universities by US News and World Report 2020.
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of Undergraduate Students||7,835|
|Number of Graduate Students||About 1,036|
|Number of Living Alumni||80,209|
|Basic Tuition Fee for Freshmen Students||32,061 USD|
|Basic Tuition Fee for Transfer Students||32,061 USD|
|Basic Tuition Fee for International Students||34,989 USD|
|Minimum Act Composite Score Required||27|
|Minimum SAT total Score Required||1270|
- The campus building is spread across 370,000 square feet and is the largest multi-building project undertaken by the University.
- It has five academic halls and a hotel having a conference room, banquet, etc.
- They have numerous student-run organizations and clubs and around 250 students participating in intramural teams in sports.
- Moreover, the College has career services, counseling services, and disability services as well to support their students.
- The Fisher College of Business offers graduate housing, student family housing and off-campus housing services.
- Fisher commons and Neil Avenue building are the two options for graduate students in on-campus accommodation. They have single or double bedroom options well equipped with dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, garbage disposal, etc.
- Buckeye Village is a 365 units apartment that offers accommodation to married students and students with single parents.
- All the residencies are air-conditioned, have access to free internet and television.
- Additionally, graduate housing allows a cat as a pet with $400 as a one-time deposit and $40 per month charges.
- The college offers only one undergraduate course - a Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration.
- The College offers 7 specialized maters programs, full-time MBA, dual degrees, MBA for Working Professionals, and executive courses as well.
- PhD is offered in Business Administration and Accounting & MIS.
International students seeking admissions at the College can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
For undergraduate admissions
- The students will have to apply through coalition application or the common application of Ohio State University with business or any other specialization as desired majors.
- The documents needed for applying are as follows:
- Official transcripts
- ACT/SAT scores sent by the testing agency.
- English language proficiency proofs.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Proof of financial support.
- The early deadline is 1st November and the regular deadline is 1st February.
- However, the International freshmen enter as pre-major students and after successful completion of the pre-major course, they are eligible for specialization.
For graduate admissions
- The students have to apply on the official website only.
- The documents required while applying are:
- Academic transcripts: The university accepts only a four-year degree or it’s an equivalent degree at the bachelor level.
- Standardized test scores: GRE/GMAT scores, as well as IELTS/TOEFL scores, are needed for international applicants. However, for a dual degree, LSAT or MCAT scores are accepted.
- Resume/ CV.
- Letter of recommendation(optional)
- The applicants will also have to give a video interview and live interview.
- For international applicants, the application fee is $70 and is non-refundable.
Cost of attendance
The basic cost of attendance for undergraduate international students living alone is as follows:
- Tuition fee $34,989
- Room and board $12,708
- Books and supplies $1,082
- Health insurance $3,316
- Other expenses $ 3,382
Financial Aid (h3)
- Approximately, 75% of MBA students are given scholarships for financial help.
- Fisher College is affiliated to Ohio State University. Ohio State's Office of Student Financial Aid is responsible to determine whether the student qualifies for aid and to successfully apply for it. Some of the scholarships and awards are as follow:
- Fisher scholarships: This is given on merit base to all the full-time MBA applicants. The amount ranges from $1,500 to full tuition fees.
- Scholarships for Africa, America, and Europe: This is offered to students from these regions showing excellent academic records, decent GRE/GMAT scores, and other potentials. The benefits include a $1,600 stipend per month and tuition fee waiver for two years. However, getting admission in MBA is required.
- Accounting Degree specific Scholarship: The student enrolled in Accounting degree in the Fisher School of Business are eligible for this award. The amount is $3,000.
- AICPA legacy scholarship: This is an annual scholarship and any student can apply for it. The award amount ranges from $1,000-$10,000.
Private Funding Options
Applying for financial aid programs in the US can be overwhelming due to their extensive application filing process. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
- American University Emerging global leader Scholarship
- ICSP Scholarship at the University of Oregon
- Clark Global Scholarship Program
- United World Colleges International Youth Scholarships.
- Civil Society Leadership Award
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
- The college has around 83,383 live degreed alumni working towards the betterment of College as well as Students.
- The students can join the Fisher Global Council to connect with the alumni network worldwide.
- As a student, one gets various opportunities such as mentoring other students, corporate site visit opportunities, business coaching programs and much more.
- Max Fisher(an American businessman), Steve Stivers (U.S representative), Ron Hod (a legislature), and Brad Hunstable ( CEO of Unstream) are some notable alumni of Fisher College of Business.
- Around 97% of students get jobs after graduation from Fisher College of Business with a median base salary of $ 97,625 per year.
- The maximum placed students were from marketing and sales programs.
- The top recruiters that provide job opportunities are P&G, JP Morgan Chase & Co., Nationwide and Wendy's.
Find a Program
Being a student of business and entrepreneurship, I always wanted to do research on my subject because of my love for it. I had scored pretty well in high school. I scored 93% and then got admitted to a reputed college for business studies in the year 2016. After completing my graduation with a DGPA of 9.2 out of 10, I started exploring various ways including a start-up which unfortunately did not work out. Then I decided to go for a Ph.D. Study, and wrote a thesis paper which was liked by one of my professors. Thus I ended up being a student of a Ph.D. in this college. The application fee that I paid for the online admission process was $70.
Course Curriculum :
The main thing that is taught to us in our entrepreneurship course is, that the main goal we should have is to understand why some firms perform better than others, based on sound theory and research methods. They also teach us the essential issues in entrepreneurship that is to understand the environment conditions and capabilities that influence new knowledge creation and leadership.
While I was pursuing my B.Sc, I was quite determined about going for an MBA course in the future in some reputed college in the US, so I kept searching for various reputed colleges on the internet when I finally came across Fisher College of Business. I was definitely confused at first but afterward, I talked to my seniors and even did some research on the courses, rating, reviews and other details about the college and was quite impressed. Ultimately I opted for an MBA in this college as I applied here through Common Application and that costed me $60.
Course Curriculum :
Fisher College of Business provided us with a top-ranked MBA program, experienced and dedicated faculty members and a huge network of partnerships that reached us from the surrounding business community. It is a home for, starting from multiple Fortune 1000 companies to multinationals, nonprofits and startups across the globe.
I got to know about this college from collegedunia portal and it is one of the best universities in the US being a smart public institution. I scored in ACT composite of 30 or you can also give SAT with a minimum score of 1270 and rank in the top 25% of a high school class. The application fee for the college is $70. I did apply to many universities but I found this the best for me.
Course Curriculum :
I liked the way of approaching the faculty. They took care of us achieving an action-based approach with having all the business challenges learned in the school itself .the faculty helped us developing skills, competencies, and knowledge to become an effective producer.
I got to know about Fisher College of Business through a senior of mine who's pursued his master's from the same Business school. I was immediately drawn to its diversity, academic record, and amazing alumni network. Since I completed my bachelor's with a score of 88% the admission process got a little easier. I had paid an application fee of $70 (for international applicants). Also, the admission process was completed through the online portal.
Course Curriculum :
The course broadened our perspective about accounting and its applications in organization, market and society. The course was so prepared that we are able to achieve our personal goals by aligning our career goals. Topics like Fundamental of accounting and data analytics, accounting policy and research, financial reporting and management and control were covered.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary