College of Business, Oregon State University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1868, College of Business is one of 12 colleges that form Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon. It offers Undergraduate and Graduate Courses both offline and Online. There are 14 Majors and 23 Minors to choose from. Following a semester-based calendar, it offers degrees through various ways such as Undergraduate Pathways, Transfer Degrees, One Year Certification etc. 3,634 Students are enrolled at College of Business out of which 900 are International Students.
- Its part-time MBA is ranked at 1 in Oregon by US News and World Report 2020.
- The Best Schools.org has ranked it 1 for Best Online College in Oregon 2020.
- US News has ranked it 3 for Online Education in the Nation.
- The overall rankings for Oregon State University in 2020 by US News are:
- 139 - National University
- 99 - Best College for Veterans
- 76- Best Undergraduate Teachings
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of Students||3,634|
|Number of international students||900|
|English Proficiency Tests||TOEFL/ IELTS|
|Mode of Program||Full-Time/ Part-Time/ Online|
- College of Business, Oregon State University, USA has its campus in Corvallis, Portland, Oregon Spread across 400 acres.
- There are more than 400 Students Clubs and Organizations such as Alpha Kappa Si, Beta Alpha Psi, International Network Club, Investment Group, Design Management Club, etc.
- The College also provides various opportunities such as International exchange Programs to its students.
It is Compulsory for all College of Business first-year students to live On-Campus. The Room types are -
- Triple Rooms with Shared Restroom or Suite Style Restroom
- Double Rooms with Shared Restroom or Suite Style Restroom or Private Restrooms.
- Single Rooms with Private restrooms
- Graduate residents.
- The Global Village Housing option at the University is the most popular one as students from different nations gets to live with each other.
- The Meal Plan is loaded on Student ID which they need to show while purchasing items.
- College of Business, Oregon State University, USA offers Undergraduate, Certificate, and Graduate Degrees with more than 14 Majors and 23 Minors.
- The students have the option to take admission through Undergraduate and Graduate Pathways where they have to take up extra courses to become eligible for the degrees in case they do not fulfill all the general requirements to get admitted.
- The Undergraduate Courses are offered in Accountancy, Apparel design, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Business Information Systems, Design and Innovation Management, Finance, Interior Design Management, Marketing and Merchandising Management.
- Also it offers some additional courses such as Digital Marketing, General Business Option, Entrepreneurship etc.
- The Graduate Courses being offered are Master of Science in Business, MBA, Pharm.D./MBA and PhD in Business Administration.
- Students can apply before April 1 for Fall, July 1 for Winter, October 1 for Spring and January 1 for Summer.
- The students can apply at the university’s website
- Percentage of International Students - 24.7%
- Documents required: Complete Application, Official transcripts, Passport Copy, Finance Documents, Health History Form, English Test Scores, SAT - 560, ACT - 21
- The admission requirements vary from Type of Degree to course.
- The Standardized test scores requirements for International Direct PATHWAY first-year students (4 terms) are: GPA - 2.5, TOEFL IBT - 70, IELTS - 6.0
- The English requirements for Graduate Admissions are: TOEFL PBT - 550, TOEFL IBT - 80 and IELTS - 6.5
Cost Of Attendance
The Cost of attendance at College of Business, Oregon State University is tabulated below:
|Expenses||International Year One (4 terms)||Graduate Pathway MBA (3 terms)||Graduate Direct MBA (3 terms)||Master of Science in Business (3 terms)|
|Tuition and Fees||38,340 USD||37,785 USD||40,988 USD||38,100 USD|
|Living Expenses||16.880 USD||12,660 USD||12,660 USD||18,000 USD|
|Books and Supplies||2500 USD||2000 USD||2000 USD|
|Insurance||4600 USD||3,450 USD||3450 USD|
The Housing Costs per term are tabulated below:
|Type of Rooms||Cost (Bathroom types)|
|Single||Private - 6996 USD|
|Double ||Shared - 4800 USD|
|Suite -5280 USD|
|Private - 6120 USD|
|Triple ||Suite - 3920 USD|
|Single (Graduates)||Shared - 3660|
|Suite - 4500 USD|
|Double (Graduates)||Suite -4020 USD|
Financial Aid For International Students
College of Business, Oregon State University offers student loans and various scholarships for international students to study in the US. Online application and submission of transcripts are required to avail of the scholarships and loans.
- Provost Scholarship For Excellence:- Amount: 8000 USD per year, Renewable for 4 years, No external application required, GPA required - 3.5 +
- Honorary Scholarship for Leadership:- Amount: 10,000 USD. One Time Scholarship, Meri based, Leadership Activities to be demonstrated,3.75+ GPA Required; An essay needs to be submitted as a part of the application.
- Continuing Success Scholarship:- Amount 3000 USD if GPA is between 3.5 and 3.74; 5000 USD if GPA between 3.75 and 4.0; Renewable every year for 4 years.
- International Student Continuing Scholarship:- Amount: 2500 USD/term, Merit-based, Financial Need-based, 2.5+ GPA, External application required, Non Renewable.
- The Continuing Success Scholarship and International Student Continuing Scholarship is available for Graduate students also.
- There are more than 30,000 Alumni forming a network of professionals working in top firms. The College of Business Alumni are always recognized for their efforts through Business GOLD (Graduate Of Last Year) Programs.
- Alumni can connect to each other through the College LinkedIn page. They are always welcome to mentor current students. Some of the alumni doing amazing in their career are:
- Kristy Milien - Founding President of National Retail Federation Club.
- Alan Hansen
- Kate Johnson- CEO of a Software Company
- Career Success Center at College of Business helps its students and Alumni in finding right career opportunities. It helps them to network, Resume and interview Workshops, find Internships and Jobs, organize Career Fairs,networking events such as Business Roundtable, Lunch and Learn etc.
- Handshake, OSU Jobs, GoinGlobal, Vmock, Standout and focus 2 are some of the career resources it provides access to.
- The College also provides CPT ( Curricular Practice Training)in the form of Internships ,Seminars,and other work opportunities. Around 518 Students are involved in OPT(Optional Practice Training) and CPT.
- Its graduates are working in top companies like Adidas, Amazon,Columbia Sportswear, Niki,Oracle, PwC,Target, Dell, H&M, Pixar etc.