College of Business and Economics, Lehigh University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Named as one of the recognized research universities, Lehigh University offers a rigorous academic community for almost 7,000 students. The university which was established in 1865 presently offers various programs and courses to the national and international students. The university has four colleges, which include College of Arts and Science, College of Business, College of Education and College of Health offering numerous undergraduate and graduate majors. Lehigh Business was established to cultivate the enterprising spirit among today’s generation business students.
College of Business and Economics, Lehigh University offers admissions in undergraduate and graduate levels of study in the fields of business, economics, marketing, economics, finance and various other fields of business.
|Type of University||Private|
|Year of Establishment||1865|
College of Business and Economics, Lehigh University Rankings
- Lehigh University's College of Business has received accreditation from AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- AACSB International was established in 1916 and began its accreditation function with the adoption of the first standards in 1919.
- The university’s ranking in the 2020 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities 50. Also, the university is ranked at 30th position offering the best UG teaching to the students.
- The MBA program offered at the College of Business and Economics is ranked at the 39th position among the best part-time MBA by the US News & World Report in 2021.
- The business and accounting programs offered at the College of Business and Economics are among the elite twenty-five percent of U.S. business schools that have received accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Lehigh University is the 6th university in the world recognized as an NGO by the United Nations, with 56 United Nations–related programs every year.
College of Business and Economics, Lehigh University Campus
- The university combines its rigorous academic programs with an energetic and exciting campus environment, allowing the students to take part in different kinds of events and programs organized at the campus.
- The university is located at three different locations, 1,600 acres of land are allocated for three contiguous campuses
- There are more than 150 clubs, 41 intramural and club sports and 25 fraternities and sororities aimed at making learning more fulfilled and exciting for the students.
- The university’s ideal student-to-faculty ratio and vibrant campus gives a chance to the students to collaborate on different projects in and out of the classroom.
- More than 93% of Lehigh undergraduate students take part in various extracurricular activities that are arranged throughout the year.
- There are 25 NCAA Division I intercollegiate sports for men and women
Programs offered at College of Business and Economics, Lehigh University
College of Business and Economics, Lehigh University offers programs for 23 degrees, majors and minors in Lehigh Business students. Also, the students planning to do a UG course can explore more than 100 undergraduate degree programs and majors.
- There are various degrees and courses offered to the students enrolled at the College of Business and Economics, Lehigh University.
- Out of many, some of the popular degree programs at the College of Business and Economics include B.S. Business & Economics and B.S. Integrated Business & Engineering (IBE).
- The students at the College of Business and Economics can unlock their future with unprecedented speed (1-MBA), or with exceptional flexibility (FLEX MBA).
- 1-MBA and FLEX MBA are the most popular programs offered at the College of Business and Economics.
- There are more than 540 full-time faculty presently offering studies to the students, 95% of the total faculty hold terminal degrees in their fields.
- 9% of the professors appointed at the university have got a degree from an international college or university. The professors at the College of Business and Economics are highly experienced business people from different disciplines aimed to enhance their classrooms with real-world expertise
- Out of all the students, 40% of the students get international experience, and nearly half of those included applied for work like internships or research.
- 250 study abroad programs in 74 countries are offered to the Lehigh students.
Residence Facilities at College of Business and Economics, Lehigh University
More than 65% of undergraduate students chose to live on campus at either residence halls, Greek houses or at one of 22 specialty housing options.
- There are various housing options available for the students, the students will get a chance to live together and can explore bLUeprint’s Five Foundations for Student Success as per their theme of interest.
- The CHOICE community established by the university aimed at offering a substance-free and healthy lifestyle to the students so that they can come together to engage in responsible and healthy decision making.
- The Residence Hall Association (RHA) aimed at enhancing the quality of life in all Lehigh University Residence Halls. RHA includes students from each residential area, totaling over 2,500 members and constituents.
- Besides offering various benefits to the students living on-campus, the university also established a Residential Studying & Tutoring program to enhance effective study habits among the students.
International students who want to seek admissions at the College of Business and Economics, Lehigh University can follow the below-mentioned application process:
Application Portal: For undergraduate admissions apply via the Undergraduate Application Portal. For graduate, admissions apply via the Graduate Application Portal.
Application fee: The application fee is USD 70.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Official transcripts
- Scores of Standardized Exams to study in the USA
- International student financial statement
- Students’ statement of understanding
- Three letters of recommendation
The international students must have achieved scores of 700 or higher SAT scores. Also, a TOEFL score of more than 90 or IELTS score of 7.0 is required. Also, the average GMAT score needed is 625 to do an MBA from the College of Business and Economics. The average GPA is 3.32.
|Early Decision I||Deadline: November 1|
Decision Date: Mid December
|Early Decision II||Deadline: January 1|
Decision Date: Mid February
|Regular Decision||Deadline: January 1|
Decision Date: Late March
Cost of Attendance
The average costs of attendance for the '20-'21 academic year include the following cost:
|Typical first-year housing||$8,660|
|Full meal plan||$6,080|
In addition to the above-mentioned direct costs, the students must also get prepared for the indirect costs of college which include books and supplies. The students need to pay $1,000 as the estimated costs for books and $1,065 estimated costs for personal expenses in the total cost of attendance. Also, students in some programs and majors need to pay an additional $730 fee (Engineering and Science fee or Arts and Sciences fee).
Scholarships & Financial Aid for International Students
The university is committed to meet 100 percent of the demonstrated need for all admitted undergraduate students who apply within the mentioned deadlines and meet the eligibility criteria.
- More than 50 percent of all the students get financial aid and the university has offered $90 million in grants and scholarships to the qualifying class in the last fiscal year.
- 92% of the undergraduate families that have income less than $75,000 get grants and scholarships in an amount greater than the full cost of tuition.
The university offers various scholarships for international students to afford study in the USA. Scholarships and merit-based are offered to the undergraduate students solely on a merit basis. While selecting the students for the scholarships, the students’ recommendations and personal essays are also considered.
Types of merit-based awards
- Alice P. Gast STEM Scholarship- annual support of $12,500 for tuition and research-related activities in STEM fields is offered to the qualifying students.
- Dean's Scholars- award of $12,000 per academic year
- Founders and Trustees' Scholarships- Full or half tuition cost
- Cutler-Sametz Choral Arts Scholarships- Many merit scholarships of $5,000 are offered to the selected students.
Important Financial Aid Deadlines
|Student Type||Application deadline||Award notification|
|Early Decision I||November 1||Mid-December|
|Early Decision II||January 1||Mid-February|
|Regular Decision||February 1 (Non-U.S. citizens: January 1)||Late March|
|Fall transfer||April 1||Late May|
|Spring Transfer||November 1||Late December|
There are more than 85K graduates that are being a part of the Lehigh alumni network. The university offers different ways to the alumni to stay connected with interest and identity-based groups, representing a wide variety of Lehigh backgrounds and affiliations.
- Few perks and services designed for alumni include career solutions, insurance, travel, alumni library services, and transcripts & diplomas.
- There are different benefits offered to alumni at the university so that they can stay connected and engaged with each other.
- Besides the benefits offered to the alumni, there are more than 3,000 alumni mentors available for Lehigh students.
- Almost 95% of the students of the class of 2019 got employed, continuing education or pursuing military or volunteer service.
- Also, 95% of the students of the class of 2018 were employed or attending graduate school within 6 months of graduation. The average salary of 2018 Lehigh Business graduates was $64,000.
- Some of the notable alumni include Jesse W. Reno, the inventor of the escalator; Howard McClintic and Charles Marshall, owner of construction company that built Golden Gate Bridge, the George Washington Bridge, the Panama Canal and New York’s Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
The students while studying at the university get complete assistance regarding exploring various internship opportunities.
- More than 185 students at the College of Business and Economics get global experience annually.
- More than 22,000 full-time positions and internships got posted on Lehigh's Center for Career & Professional Development job board in 2019.
- More than 94% of the university’s students completed one or more internships or an experiential learning opportunity while studying at the university.
- More than 434 unique employers appoint Lehigh graduates